Hawaii 2020

It’s more like a year and a half???
:cool1:
Never done fish extenders in 5 Disney cruises. I think I want to give it a go... with 5 days at sea why not!

Since FEs got ruined (IMO, ymmv) by social media, I now just bring stuff for my family members. It is fun leaving them a little surprise in their pocket each day. Less stress, less money, less to bring with me....win win. Then we usually do some pixie dusting as well just for fun.

It's been fascinating to watch it unfold. I'm really happy that my Fiance is Gold and I could book an actual cabin I wanted. I feel like putting a deposit down makes sense instead of a hold, since it's refundable. It always amazes me how things go so quick with Disney, like booking dining and excursions. I booked on another cruise line and everything was available and it was really easy to do everything.
We are gold and still got a gty
Oceanview was gone by 9 am Gold opening day... that’s all my TA could get for now. That’s for May 8th.
The April sailing we still could have had our pick.

Since FEs got ruined (IMO, ymmv) by social media, I now just bring stuff for my family members. It is fun leaving them a little surprise in their pocket each day. Less stress, less money, less to bring with me....win win. Then we usually do some pixie dusting as well just for fun.
We have never done FE...
But we never book this far out and with 5 days at sea... would be fun.
I would suggest maybe just sticking to the sea days I don’t know.

Do you think they skipped Kona because it's a tender port, or some other reason?

I think that has to be one reason. But the Hilo side is much closer to Volcanoes Nat'l Park, so that plays into it as well no doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised if many did actually put down a deposit to buy themselves time to decide. Whether the party will ultimately cancel before PIF is another question.

I would definitely put a deposit down on a cruise I was very interested in but not entirely sure I could make it work. I put a deposit immediately on my Hawaii cruise (used my placeholder I just did on the Fantasy last month) as I plan on MAKING it work! :cutie: :thumbsup2

Got it.....but Holds cannot be modified once selected right?

You can modify multiple times. If you go up in category, your deposit will increase proportionately.

I've been able to modify the room I'm holding twice already.

Yeah, after doing a lot of research on the 5C I initially booked Monday morning for the May 8th Wonder sailing, I called back to change rooms as I could not get the room change to go through online after multiple times. Ended up changing rooms TWICE. :rolleyes: Went from a 5C to a 5B to a 5A. I'm DONE!!! ::yes::

We have never done FE...
But we never book this far out and with 5 days at sea... would be fun.
I would suggest maybe just sticking to the sea days I don’t know.

I've only done the FE thing twice, and then only because I could join a very small "latecomers" group. I did do one on the 10 nt. HNL/YVR sailing in 2015. It was fun! Not sure how much they were loved, but I did really pretty flower hair accessories like the ladies wear so often in Hawaii. Behind the right ear? You're single (your heart is not spoken for) Behind the left ear means your heart is taken. :cutie:

We are gold and still got a gty
Oceanview was gone by 9 am Gold opening day... that’s all my TA could get for now. That’s for May 8th.
The April sailing we still could have had our pick.
That one did seem to sell out quicker. I did like that it was longer, but for a work schedule the 9 night will be easier for us to take off work

I've only done the FE thing twice, and then only because I could join a very small "latecomers" group. I did do one on the 10 nt. HNL/YVR sailing in 2015. It was fun! Not sure how much they were loved, but I did really pretty flower hair accessories like the ladies wear so often in Hawaii. Behind the right ear? You're single (your heart is not spoken for) Behind the left ear means your heart is taken. :cutie:

I would have LOVED that flower :)

We did this cruise in 2015 and it was so empty one dining room was closed. I loved the cruise and considered doing it again, but April and May crossing the pacific to Vancouver will be very chilly. It was cold the first two days even in September.
I hope you all have a great time. My advice is rent a car in each port for 40 dollars and skip the expensive Disney excursions. It’s really east to drive around the islands and see all the things you want to see.

We did this cruise in 2015 and it was so empty one dining room was closed. I loved the cruise and considered doing it again, but April and May crossing the pacific to Vancouver will be very chilly. It was cold the first two days even in September.
I hope you all have a great time. My advice is rent a car in each port for 40 dollars and skip the expensive Disney excursions. It’s really east to drive around the islands and see all the things you want to see.

The cool weather is a concern of mine. We ended up with the 5/8 sailing since that is after dd’s finals (college). I sort of feel like I prefer heading towards cool weather at the end of the trip, though I’d prefer it not at all.

The cool weather is a concern of mine. We ended up with the 5/8 sailing since that is after dd’s finals (college). I sort of feel like I prefer heading towards cool weather at the end of the trip, though I’d prefer it not at all.

It was funny on the 14 nt. R/T from Long Beach to Hawaii in 2012, quite chilly on the sea the first 2 or 3 sea days heading to Hawaii, even cloudy and had a little rain, but when we got within about a day and 1/2 from Hawaii, it was like the light outside started changing and as it did, the weather got better and better. Hawaii's weather is quite static, and Sept. can be quite warm. Being from hotter-than-Hades central FL, I relish every chance to have some cool/chilly weather! So I will happily soak up anyone's share that doesn't want it! ::yes:: :cutie: :sunny:

My friends were in Vancouver last May and the weather averaged 78. Vancouver *should* be very warm, not sure how the Pacific will be. Excited either way :)

My advice is rent a car in each port for 40 dollars and skip the expensive Disney excursions. It’s really east to drive around the islands and see all the things you want to see.

Agreed but be very careful with your time. "Island time" is very real and it takes longer than you think to get around - especially if there happens to be an accident or you get a line of cars that are nervous drivers on tight curves. Freeway speeds are rare...

Same for us. Especially since 1. leaving kids/DH at home. This is a Mom DD trip 2. we are flying in from overseas. So one less flight to stress about gettting to ship on time. Once in HNL. We don‘t care about getting home.
That one did seem to sell out quicker. I did like that it was longer, but for a work schedule the 9 night will be easier for us to take off work

I would have preferred a stop in Kona over Hilo. Kona has great snorkeling. Do you think they skipped Kona because it's a tender port, or some other reason?
Yes, we live south of Kona and find that ships choose Hilo with its large safe dock, over tendering families into Kona pier!

Was anyone else able to snag one of the released rooms? I finally got the Cat V I've been waiting for... but price was almost $1000 higher than quoted by a platinum member two days ago. Not too happy about that.

After a very dramatic day Deciding on an inside room by myself then not finding any availability when I got up at 5 am pacific time, then refreshing constantly and finding a verandah on the 9 night and unsuccessfully trying to convince my family to come, then my friend being able to come, then ending up halfway booking an oceanview and having the website freeze, then calling and being on hold for a while... I wound up with what I hope will be a very happy ending; an Oceanview on the 10 night sailing with my best friend! I don't mind its a GTY because I find it stressful trying to pick the perfect room anyway. I've got the countdown clock on the cruise app rolling and a year and a bit to get over the trauma of booking my first opening day cruise.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter