Tub room, 2nd BR
photo18_zps0df04602.jpg

1/2 of closet, 2nd BR (accessible)
photo27_zpsecdfb78a.jpg

Dresser, 2nd BR
photo28_zps8bed0434.jpg

Night stand, 2nd BR
photo29_zpsa956787b.jpg

Jojomickey - I am in the same boat as you. Our trip is almost a year and a half away :(. We bought Vgf too and I am really having a hard time not staying there for so long. I just want to go so bad!! That is a great question about the lobby! Have you asked on the owners thread? I am on that one as well.

I was laughing about everyone opening the soap and having it on the nightstand. I actually have the tinker bell lotion and I wear it because it reminds me of the poly lobby. I love it!! I milk my gf soap. I donated a ton of the supplies last year to sandy victims. I had just come home and had a ton. I will have to make it stretch for 500 more days :)

:laughing: Me, too! (bold sentences) I usually bring home a ton, stash it away and still milk it.

Sorry you have to wait so long to visit your new "home".:hug:

Pea-N-Me - Wonderful Pictures! I just keep getting more and more excited!:cool1::cool1:

K&A&CsMom - Love those pics of the VGF . . . I'm not sure if we will have time while we are there to go see them, but one day I would love to stay there! pixiedust:

pea n me and bcv23 (via k&a&c'smom), LOVE all the pics!!! thanks so much for sharing them! :love::love::love:

i checked the soap and i don't have the wrapper with the name anymore. i am 99.9% sure it was the rhassoul clay soap. it MIGHT be the mud one, but i really don't think so. i see that it is online at basin white's website, but not basin (weird, no?). now, it's not the EXACT gf lobby smell, but it is a smell that definitely reminds me of the lobby. my kids and dh all think it smells like the lobby, too, so i know it's not just me, lol.

Pea-N-Me - Wonderful Pictures! I just keep getting more and more excited!:cool1::cool1:

K&A&CsMom - Love those pics of the VGF . . . I'm not sure if we will have time while we are there to go see them, but one day I would love to stay there! pixiedust:

Looks like your trip is pretty similar to the one we have planned for next August....a GF/cruise split?? :goodvibes

We have 5 nights at GF booked followed by 3 nights on the Dream. How about you?

Beautiful pictures bcv23, by way of k&a&csmom :)

Looking at all the pictures it really makes me realize what I missed the last time we were there. The courtyard pool was closed, and the beach! I hope it is all open the next time we are there!

I know, it's beautiful, right?! And BCV23 took some great photos, love the bathrooms.

pea n me and bcv23 (via k&a&c'smom), LOVE all the pics!!! thanks so much for sharing them! :love::love::love:

i checked the soap and i don't have the wrapper with the name anymore. i am 99.9% sure it was the rhassoul clay soap. it MIGHT be the mud one, but i really don't think so. i see that it is online at basin white's website, but not basin (weird, no?). now, it's not the EXACT gf lobby smell, but it is a smell that definitely reminds me of the lobby. my kids and dh all think it smells like the lobby, too, so i know it's not just me, lol.

LOL - I know just what you mean. DD and I were in Bath & Body Works a couple years ago and we were sure we smelled the GF scent on another shopper as they walked by. We said it probably wasn't exactly the same, but enough that we both noticed it.

Thanks about the soap, I'm going to make a note of it for DD.:teeth:

Beautiful pictures bcv23, by way of k&a&csmom :)

Looking at all the pictures it really makes me realize what I missed the last time we were there. The courtyard pool was closed, and the beach! I hope it is all open the next time we are there!

Has to be, right?!:thumbsup2 I'm sure it will be.

Looks like your trip is pretty similar to the one we have planned for next August....a GF/cruise split?? :goodvibes

We have 5 nights at GF booked followed by 3 nights on the Dream. How about you?

Yes it is!!!! :) We are only doing 4 nights at the Grand and then heading to the Dream for a 3 night! I am so excited. I saw you just booked the cruise. How exciting!!!:cheer2: I can't keep myself away from looking at everything. My DH said I am obsessed! :rotfl2: (He is probably right though!)

mickeynut - I hear ya, we've had nothing but rain for 3 days straight. I'm so ready to see the sun!:sunny:

We needed the rain, but it's been ongoing for a couple of days and I think we've gotten more than enough :rolleyes1. It's still raining here, very light but still raining. The weekend is supposed to be better so I'm hoping for some sun ;).

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to relaxing around the resort and enjoying all it has to offer.

You're welcome :goodvibes. I'm sure you are going to have a great time and will really enjoy the GF :wizard:.

Thanks, mickeynut1. We start cruising today so that eases the pain a lot!

Have a great time on your cruise :boat:. My DH and I love cruising and can't wait to try our first Disney cruise next December :santa:.

Mickeynut, you WILL keep us posted when you tweak that trip, right?? ::yes::

I certainly will ::yes::.

We had TWO t-or-t'ers!!:cool1::rotfl2: It's been many years since we had any, so two is an improvement, if you can believe it. And in the rain!

We had quite a few, although not as many as we've had in the past. The rain did stop by trick or treating time and although the wind picked up as the night went on, it was in the mid 60s so it wasn't cold :).

Hello Everyone!!!

I have not posted much lately ,its hard to get excited since our trip is so far away.:mad:
I still check in often and enjoy reading about everyone trip and upcoming trips,but I had to ask this question, with the talk about the smell of the soap smelling like the grand,we love the smell of the lobby we wish we could bottle it up and take it home!!! Can anyone tell me if the new DVC lobby smells like this? We are proud new owners of the new villas and we really hope it does!!

Congrats on owning at VGF :goodvibes. I know your trip seems far away now, but it will be here before you know it :thumbsup2.

Probably not as good as the first grouping, but here they are. Enjoy! (Just used an iPhone.)

More to come...

Love all the pics.....thanks for sharing :goodvibes.

Our trip is almost a year and a half away :(. We bought Vgf too and I am really having a hard time not staying there for so long. I just want to go so bad!!

I know it's easy for me to say because it's not my trip, but the time really will go quickly :wizard:.

BCV23 sent me some photos of her 2 BR accessible villa - enjoy!!:goodvibes

Thanks for posting the great pics :thumbsup2.

BCV - Thanks for asking k&a&c'smom to post your wonderful pics :goodvibes.

Pea-N-Me and BCV23, thank you very much for the wonderful pics. You have evoked such memories and primed our excitement for next May!

Blue, thank you for the trip reports. They are helpful as we have reached the serious planning stage, complete with midnight (for us) phone calls to the GF Planning Office! We are still deciding on whether to use the Magic Bands. Your positive response may sway us.

I have taken the lid off the Basin soap tube again. :goodvibes It is a warm and sunny Spring day. We are chatting about the GF and the dining reservations we made. Our bathroom is now reminiscent of the GF lobby and all is right with the world!

Oh. My. Gosh! Those villas look divine. If I weren't such a CL junkie, those villas would have my name written all over them.

Oh. My. Gosh! Those villas look divine. If I weren't such a CL junkie, those villas would have my name written all over them.

That's what's holding me back from wanting to stay there! No lounge...;)
And the fact that, altho the pictures show a beautiful lobby and rooms, etc., there doesn't seem to be any Mickey touches, and I would miss that. :confused3

WOW! Dani is on the GF Thread?? It HAS to be Poly construction fever:sick:....am I correct? Lots of us over here with the same affliction. It seems GF is the best cure ;) Do you have ressies yet or just testing the waters? I made it official a few weeks ago. GF July 23-30!!! (SShhh..and then we are going to the dark side July 30-Aug 5 staying PBH)

Glad to see you:wave2:

Yes it is!!!! :) We are only doing 4 nights at the Grand and then heading to the Dream for a 3 night! I am so excited. I saw you just booked the cruise. How exciting!!!:cheer2: I can't keep myself away from looking at everything. My DH said I am obsessed! :rotfl2: (He is probably right though!)

Awesome!!! I hope you'll report back on how it all goes!! I can't wait to hear about it! :yay:

Cruising is such new territory for us so I've been obsessed with looking that stuff up! :faint:

Pea-N-Me and BCV23, thank you very much for the wonderful pics. You have evoked such memories and primed our excitement for next May!

I agree those pics are wonderful. We are booked for March and it can't get here too soon ;).

Oh. My. Gosh! Those villas look divine.

I agree......they look amazing :goodvibes.

I made it official a few weeks ago. GF July 23-30!!!

Congrats on booking the Grand for July......it will be here before you know it :wizard:.

Cruising is such new territory for us so I've been obsessed with looking that stuff up! :faint:

Cruises are awesome :thumbsup2. My DH and I have cruised a few times but our DSs never have, so I'm curious to see how they like it (and I'm very excited to combine cruising with Disney :earsboy:). I love the fact that everything is paid for ahead of time and you can actually go on a cruise and not spend another dime if you didn't want to ;).

grannyminnie ~ Just one more day :cool1::dance3::cool1:

Is there a good MK view from anywhere in the RPC lounge? Just wondering because if there is, I wouldn't bother with the MK view from the room. Thanks!! :cool1:

mickeynut - My girls are all about the cruise! Every time we are on ME going home, and they do the promotional for it, they beg to do it the "next time". They are so excited! I hope we love it!

That's what's holding me back from wanting to stay there! No lounge...;)
And the fact that, altho the pictures show a beautiful lobby and rooms, etc., there doesn't seem to be any Mickey touches, and I would miss that. :confused3

I tried to check availability and struck out anyway so maybe it just isn't in the cards for me next year.

WOW! Dani is on the GF Thread?? It HAS to be Poly construction fever:sick:....am I correct? Lots of us over here with the same affliction. It seems GF is the best cure ;) Do you have ressies yet or just testing the waters? I made it official a few weeks ago. GF July 23-30!!! (SShhh..and then we are going to the dark side July 30-Aug 5 staying PBH)

Glad to see you:wave2:

Haha BUSTED! :eek: Yup, Poly construction blues for me. We stayed in SL in 2011, 4 nights in Hawaii followed by 5 nights in SL. The CMs were lovely, the resort is beautiful. I need to be on the monorail. Single mom, 2 kids of which one is a toddler...monorail just works for me and I just love the MK area. CR doesn't wow me. We are back at the Grand! lol Such first world problems, seriously. We don't have a reservation yet since I can't nail down dates yet. I have gone back and forth with Easter, then August, then July, then October. By January I should have a better idea of what I'm doing, but I do know we will be at the Grand.

It's so nice to see some familiar faces! Funny "bumping into you" over here. :rotfl:

We're just back from our stay at the GF. We had a 5th floor dormer room in Big Pine Key and it was beautiful. :goodvibes

The resort was quiet, very well-maintained and all the staff we had contact with was friendly and helpful when needed. :)

A gorgeous place to stay. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter