HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must have just been a glitch in the system at the time you tried to get a quote as you can book at little as 1 night :). As far as the deposit, a deposit equal to 1 night's room rate + tax is required for a room only reservation, with the balance due at check in (which, in your case, would be the whole thing since it's only 1 night).
Thanks for that. I've been so excited since DH suggested it this evening. I'm silently bouncing off the walls inside my head, as I have to keep it a secret for now.

:banana:

Thanks for that. I've been so excited since DH suggested it this evening. I'm silently bouncing off the walls inside my head, as I have to keep it a secret for now.

You're welcome :). I hope it works out as the GF is an amazing resort and great for a relaxing day/night :cloud9:.

I just booked Studio Villa room for May and am so excited! Never stayed at GF before! Can someone help me out? I wanted to use Sense's facilities one half day, just the whirlpool and sauna. Is that only available if you also pay for a service (like massage)? Thanks so much!

Elena, I popped into the spa yesterday to ask. The fitness room is open to guests free of charge. For the sauna and whirlpool, guests of the villa or resort may purchase a $25 day pass.

We checkout today. Sob. My daughter and I have decided we could live in this two bedroom dedicated villa. It is so lovely. I free with Blue Skies about the Magic Bands and triple sheeting. Both are winners with my family.

Elena, I popped into the spa yesterday to ask. The fitness room is open to guests free of charge. For the sauna and whirlpool, guests of the villa or resort may purchase a $25 day pass.

We checkout today. Sob. My daughter and I have decided we could live in this two bedroom dedicated villa. It is so lovely. I free with Blue Skies about the Magic Bands and triple sheeting. Both are winners with my family.

Thanks! We have the 2 br in January :)

I don't think I will be able to get my son out of that shower. Is it as huge as it looks?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!:hmghost::scared1:

k&a&c'smom, you are right about me being super-excited!! :banana: When the countdown gets down this low, I just feel a happy glow!! pixiedust:

What a great feeling! Won't be long now.:cool1::cool1:

Very exciting!!:banana:

Since you got an error message, I wanted to mention a little glitch I have encountered. More than once, I have had issues with the online booking engine for a short stay in the room category I want at the Grand. I can get it to come up for, say, 5 or more days, but when I try to put in same dates for 3, it says unavailable. If this occurs, I usually call and tell the CM, who puts it in their system for a 5 day, then drops off a day at a time until we get to the correct number of days.

Hopefully, you won't have to do this with overseas calling. I'll keep my fingers crossed the system works perfectly today!pixiedust:

You're welcome :). I hope it works out as the GF is an amazing resort and great for a relaxing day/night :cloud9:.

It is a great resort to spend time in, we love hanging out, having a meal, listening to the music.~sigh~

Thanks for this, good to know. I wonder if that is a change with the new spas, or if it has always been that way? I have only been in the spas for a treatment, not to access the health equipment.:teeth:

Sorry you have to leave the villas, sounds like you've had a wonderful stay.pixiedust: Can't wait for your review.

happy halloween, everyone! it's a perfect halloween day here.... unseasonably warm for PA but very foggy, overcast, still, and spooky.

can't wait to see some more from blue and bcv23. :thumbsup2

i was going through a bin today to find something for my shoebox donations for operation christmas child, and i came across a few GF resort soaps. oops. ;) anyway, i actually don't love their soap but the smell, ahhhhh, it just brought me right back... :cloud9:

I'll second that! It's why we spend as much or more time at the resort as we do in the parks! :love:

Beth, I'd have a very hard time letting go of my GF soap, even for those shoeboxes!!

Thanks so much! I emailed Disney this question a few days ago and have not heard anything back! You were way more helpful. Sorry you had to leave. The only cure of ADS (after Disney syndrome) I know of is to start planning the next trip!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! [/B]

Have wonderful day to all the people on my favorite thread on the DIS! Only 49 more sleeps until we get to Orlando (and then we spend a couple days on the darkside) and then 53 days until our Christmas stay at the Grand!:cool1::cool1:

happy halloween, everyone! it's a perfect halloween day here.... unseasonably warm for PA but very foggy, overcast, still, and spooky.

i was going through a bin today to find something for my shoebox donations for operation christmas child, and i came across a few GF resort soaps. oops. ;) anyway, i actually don't love their soap but the smell, ahhhhh, it just brought me right back... :cloud9:

What a great atmosphere for Halloween! Spooktacular!:clown::firefight:joker:pirate: princess::charac4:

Love those soaps, and the body wash/lotions. We have some that I periodically use to smell like the Grand.:cloud9: I use them sparingly, afraid I'll run out.:teeth:

I'll second that! It's why we spend as much or more time at the resort as we do in the parks! :love:

Us, too! When my DD has a friend along, I often don't go to the parks much at all.

Have wonderful day to all the people on my favorite thread on the DIS! Only 49 more sleeps until we get to Orlando (and then we spend a couple days on the darkside) and then 53 days until our Christmas stay at the Grand!:cool1::cool1:

YAY! Your trip will be here before you know it.:banana: Which "dark side" resort will you be staying in? We love them all, though HRH and PBH are our favorites.

What a great atmosphere for Halloween! Spooktacular!:clown::firefight:joker:pirate: princess::charac4:

Love those soaps, and the body wash/lotions. We have some that I periodically use to smell like the Grand.:cloud9: I use them sparingly, afraid I'll run out.:teeth:

Hey, all!

We don't really celebrate Halloween down here in Oz. However, the other day, I did pass a store window that had a Mickey Halloween Candy Bucket from a MNSSHP!

As for soaps and other lovely things, I looked in the bathroom cupboard and what did I find? Yep, a whole tube of Basin soaps from last December's trip! I whipped that lid off and inhaled... :cloud9: The bathroom now smells like the GF lobby!

Hey, all!

We don't really celebrate Halloween down here in Oz. However, the other day, I did pass a store window that had a Mickey Halloween Candy Bucket from a MNSSHP!

As for soaps and other lovely things, I looked in the bathroom cupboard and what did I find? Yep, a whole tube of Basin soaps from last December's trip! I whipped that lid off and inhaled... :cloud9: The bathroom now smells like the GF lobby!

GF lobby smell...heaven!:cloud9:

I didn't realize Australia does not celebrate Halloween - is it because of the difference in seasons? I learn something new every day!:goodvibes

Happy Halloween to you too BlueSkies and all Grand fans!

:goodvibes Hi Candy

can't wait to see some more from blue and bcv23.

i was going through a bin today to find something for my shoebox donations for operation christmas child, and i came across a few GF resort soaps. oops. ;) anyway, i actually don't love their soap but the smell, ahhhhh, it just brought me right back...

:thumbsup2 Love the smell of the soap too...I even love the soap! LOL..

I'll second that! It's why we spend as much or more time at the resort as we do in the parks!

Beth, I'd have a very hard time letting go of my GF soap, even for those shoeboxes!!

THREE days!!!!!! :woohoo: Are you packed...are you ready!!!??? I know that you must be super excited!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! [/B]

Have wonderful day to all the people on my favorite thread on the DIS! Only 49 more sleeps until we get to Orlando (and then we spend a couple days on the darkside) and then 53 days until our Christmas stay at the Grand!

Right back atcha princessmocha.... 53 days will fly by! :thumbsup2

BCV I have a funny villa story..We were getting a tour and a very nice couple who said they were owners ..not at VGF but at several other properties including Aulani began to tell us how much they loved DVC...And I though to myself could this be BCV and her DH??? So I asked them where they were from..I remembered that you are from Illinois...but they said Florida...otherwise it could have been a mini DIS meet up! :dance3: Hope you had a grand stay..the villas are gorgeous!

MickeyNut :earsboy: I bet it was a Mickey Halloween at your house! Trip tweaking?? Spill the beans girl wanna hear all about it...

ahcupcake Thanks for the warm welcome back! :goodvibes

BlueGiraffe I know that there are sometimes minimum night stay booking restrictions at certain times of the year..and sometimes days of the week..I would definitely call and talk to central reservations so that you can get your trip booked...Best of luck! :thumbsup2

Elena ADS...love it..and your cure for it too!!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a Happy Halloween! :jester:

I know I am dragging my feet again...sorry...

but here goes....

Trip review..Part Two

Transportation

We really only use Disney transportation on vacation..and generally have had good experiences with it...

Took the bus once...I did notice a new electronic board at the Gf bus stop..and it tells you the approximate arrival time of the bus that you are waiting for...:thumbsup2 to disney for doing this...If I am gonna wait..I appreciate knowing how long the wait will be...

Crowd level...When we arrived at the bus stop it was empty..there was a CM..looking all official with his hat and ear piece on...communicating with the bus gods...:rotfl:...

Now I dont know if this has to do with the extra guests at VGF or not..but when we arrived at the bus stop it was empty..no one else there...We sat right on a front bench...during the 10 minute wait for the bus..Yes only 10 minutes!! :yay: The entire bus stop filled up..every seat..on every bench..and then some...people standing in the back area...Needless to say the bus was packed...:crowded:

On a side note...why is it there are always a few peeps that think that even though lots of others have been waiting their turn to board the bus they can just walk to the front of the line and board before others?????????? Really the CM and bus driver should address this as soon as the bus arrives...but I have yet to see that happen????????

So bus service is getting a :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from me...but as for the CMs who should directing the crowds in order to "help" some peeps to remember to be courteous... I am giving no thumps up at all..:upsidedow

Magic Bands in the parks

I talked about DME and check in with the bands...which was really so seamless... but I wanted to touch base on our park and FP+ experience with them also...

I know we all have been in those great big lines waiting to put our passes thru the entrace turnstile.... and sometimes..those passes didnt scan...or some peeps forget to put their finger in place on time...:confused3 (not me..?? Well maybe sometimes ) LOL..

Well...we didnt experience any lines at all!!!! :woohoo: Just walked on up..tap..put your finger on the scanner..and green light to go..quick and easy....

Same with FP+..one tap to get on the FP line..another at the head of the line before boarding..easy as could be.. What great technology....

Ok except for one thing...one afternoon when it was on the warmer side...the band was making my wrist sweat ( and I was thinking..this would not be good in July and August!) ...and having a small wrist..I wish they had a lady sized band...LOL..You know like mens and womens watches...maybe thats something we will see in the next generation MB!!:wizard:

MBs in the parks are getting a Blue's :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 ...

This is turning into a very long story..lol..and I have probably exceeded my smilie limit...:rotfl: so I will be continuing with my review of the villas tomorrow...and I will get my techno saavy friend Maxie86 to post the pics that we took...

Thanks for reading along GF fans...ttyt..I hear some left over Halloween candy calling my name! .............:blush:

Hey, all!

follow that mouse and k&a&c'smom i have a confession. i had this delicious smelling basin soap. it was face soap but it was making my face break out like crazy. but it smelled EXACTLY like the GF lobby and i couldn't get enough of that. so i took that sucker in its soap dish and put it on my nightstand for an entire week just to get the smell. i know, i know. soap dish on my nightstand. loser!

I'm not sure how small your wrist is, but you can removed the grayish part of the band to make it smaller

Soooo.....we cut our GF stay from 10 nights down to 5....because we added a cruise (our first ever) on the Disney Dream!!! :banana:

Now, I'm looking at the RPC because it's only 5 nights. :lmao:

It's only $683 more....I'm sooooooo tempted.....would you do it????

::yes::
I'm not sure how small your wrist is, but you can removed the grayish part of the band to make it smaller

Thanks DDN I had no idea that you could do that!

follow that mouse and k&a&c'smom i have a confession. i had this delicious smelling basin soap. it was face soap but it was making my face break out like crazy. but it smelled EXACTLY like the GF lobby and i couldn't get enough of that. so i took that sucker in its soap dish and put it on my nightstand for an entire week just to get the smell. i know, i know. soap dish on my nightstand. loser!

bethclayton I see nothing wrong with that at all! ;)

Soooo.....we cut our GF stay from 10 nights down to 5....because we added a cruise (our first ever) on the Disney Dream!!! :banana:

Now, I'm looking at the RPC because it's only 5 nights. :lmao:

It's only $683 more....I'm sooooooo tempted.....would you do it????

Now why doesnt this surprise me..?? Changing your trip aound.. but with a new twist...now you have gone from resort hopping to adding cruises! LOL.. I personally think that in the summer months..most especially with children..you are better off in SL than RPC..I would take the extra $$ and stay CL on the cruise...Have done it and its absolutely wonderful!

and ..Congrats on booking your first Disney cruise...:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter