HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to say hello to everyone! i keep reading and i keep trying so hard to get back into this thread but instead i am just hating the fact that we don't have another trip planned.

a few days before my trip i found out that my hours were most likely going to be cut at work by about 75%. while on my trip i got some news that looked like that might not be the case. :banana: then right after i returned i found that for sure, they were cut by about that much. :confused: :( :sick: it's a much longer story than that but it's been a roller coaster. anyway.... with my hours being cut so drastically i can't even think about planning a trip. i need to spend a few months getting a handle of what our finances even are now, before i know what we're dealing with. so.... i keep opening this thread excitedly and then get so bummed out because it just reminds me of how much everything (as in my whole life!) is so up in the air. i know we will be back to disney within a year or so, no matter what (that is a priority to me and i will make it work), but the details are very unknown, which stinks. first world problem, i know. :scared1:

i'm hoping that "outing myself" for the reason why i haven't been posting may help me start posting more, lol! :surfweb:

:hug: So sorry BethClayton Hope that everything straightens out for you soon...At least you have memories from that extra special recent trip to keep you going until your next one...

It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh? On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.

Thankfully your trip is paid off and can still go :wizard:...When you come home you will be all rested up for the job hunting...and hopefully find a better work atmosphere..aka a nice boss!

We're getting Magic Bands for our October stay at VGF. So excited!

Beth Clayton, hugs. I hope everything works out for the best in the end.

k&a&c'smom, thanks for posting my photos and thanks to all for the nice comments. We had a great breakfast at the Cafe that morning. Also enjoyed our traditional lunch there during our short stay at WDW before our Fantasy cruise.

We've stayed in Conch Key two or three times and always had a great view of the EWP. It sort of circles around Narcoossee's a bit IIRC but it is far enough out that we could see the entire thing.

I know many are worried about the impact of the villas on the pools but those of us who are old timers remember when there was just the courtyard pool. I think it will be fine. And there are only 140ish units. It will make an impact I'm sure but spreading those guests over the entire day for both pools and the monorail will diminish any impact I think. We'll know soon! Last week after our cruise, my DS1 and his wife drove us by the villas on our way to lunch at Seasons 52. Fun to see lights on in the villas now. Just can't wait to stay there.

Hi to all!:wave2:

:worried: I have been one of those worriers...seeing how busy things have been at the CR itself with the addition of BLT...but you have made some very good points...and I sure hope that you are right...:thumbsup2 I do remember the days of only the courtyard pool... but as for old timers...LOL...:confused3 Who you calling OLD!! :rolleyes1:upsidedow...lol...That wasn't so long ago..was it???

LuLu'sMom I didn't realize that your ticker said 1 day until your trip!! :dance3:

Grannieminnie I see that you are quoting!! Multi quoting is not far off..C'mon...You can do it!!

Hey MommyGina :wave:

MickeyNut Whats new and exciting??? :)

k&a&c'smom Well..I started posting about the same time that you posted...??? LOL...but because my mulit quoted super post took soooo long..we didnt..!

Have a wonderful Wednesday fellow GF fans! :cheer2:

:cheer2::cheer2: YES we got the magic bands! I can not believe our luck! A whole week at GF AND magic bands!! We are doing a split stay so will be able to take our magic bands along for the November part of our trip as well at Port Orleans:rotfl2: It just gets better and better!

I just got my my fastpass+ today!!! No magic bands though. Maybe because I have annual passes? Heading over to ticket experts next.

Now IF I can get the perfect photo with the 7 dwarves and a reservation at CRT then my life will be complete!

Sounds nice:)
I just got my my fastpass+ today!!! No magic bands though. Maybe because I have annual passes? Heading over to ticket experts next.

It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh?

On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.

I had a boss once I didn't like. I quit and gave 3 weeks notice and used money for the first mom and me trip with dd then 11 back in 2006. We went to ASmo and MVMCP(?)

SL is awesome, enjoy:yay:

Hey everyone! Just had to pop in and say that since kac mentioned my pics and the SL CL deluxe rooms, I had to post.
The balconies are on the second and third floors along with the now non pullout sofas. The fourth floor room layout is like a sitting room with two extra chairs.

HTH.

Thanks for the infoprincess:

:rolleyes1 only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed. FP+ took me for ever! To get times you really want requires canceling and changing many times. Glad it is just DH and I and don't really need rides. It is going to be tough for our family trip. Just 3 a day? Night times were VERY hard to acquire too:mad:

Special hello to BethClayton:wave2: Hang in there.

Hi Trisha! :flower3: thanks for the FP+ info! Sorry that it has been so difficult for you to get all worked out! :eek: Hope that you got the rides and times that you wanted...:goodvibes

Hi Trisha! :flower3: thanks for the FP+ info! Sorry that it has been so difficult for you to get all worked out! :eek: Hope that you got the rides and times that you wanted...:goodvibes

Think about CL. You don't want to be at parks and miss 5pm apps. So want rides after 6:30. Then there were not many times available. I didn't want afternoon because we always stay at are resort then. Mornings I am hoping if get breakfast in lounge then head out for rope drop I can at least get one or two in before busy.

They were offering times at 9 am so not sure if stand by line is going to be long or not. Currently you had until 9:40 until fast passes started and I could get in 3 rides that way.

Good news DH loves only one ride at each park so I did his for 7pm each night so at least he will be happy:goodvibes

Fri will be ThunderMTN, Sat 2 actually, TSM/TOT, Sun Soarin

I can't imagine trying to do a whole week without losing my mind. It was a lot of work just to finagle a single ride and time.

GOOD luck for those who get FP+ soon. It was kind of tricky and I am usually good with that stuff. Disney made it hard to get two rollercoasters unless you want to be in the park 12-4pm time. (we do not).

k&a&c'smom Well..I started posting about the same time that you posted...??? LOL...but because my mulit quoted super post took soooo long..we didnt..!

LOL - it often takes me quite a while to compose my post. If I'm not careful, it takes so long I miss a new post!:laughing:

Great Wednesday back atcha!

:rolleyes1 only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed. FP+ took me for ever! To get times you really want requires canceling and changing many times. Glad it is just DH and I and don't really need rides. It is going to be tough for our family trip. Just 3 a day? Night times were VERY hard to acquire too:mad:

:wave: Look at you, with your multi-colored post!:teeth:

Sorry about the FP+ difficulties, hopefully as it begins to be implemented it will become smoother. I remember how problematic the dining booking engine was in the beginning, what a headache. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is much easier by the time of your family trip.pixiedust:

Sorry about the FP+ difficulties, hopefully as it begins to be implemented it will become smoother. I remember how problematic the dining booking engine was in the beginning, what a headache. I'll keep my fingers crossed it is much easier by the time of your family trip.pixiedust:

Thanks, me too!

BCV23 - Welcome back!

Sounds like a wonderful trip - can't wait to see what you think if the VGFs!

We're staying at the GF in July.

MickeyNut I'm not sure if thats enough Dis time :chat:!! LOL..;)

Me neither.....LOL.....not enough hours in a day to do everything, including having lots of Dis time along with all the other every day things that need to be done :rolleyes1.

just wanted to say hello to everyone! i keep reading and i keep trying so hard to get back into this thread but instead i am just hating the fact that we don't have another trip planned.

a few days before my trip i found out that my hours were most likely going to be cut at work by about 75%. while on my trip i got some news that looked like that might not be the case. :banana: then right after i returned i found that for sure, they were cut by about that much. :confused: :( :sick: it's a much longer story than that but it's been a roller coaster. anyway.... with my hours being cut so drastically i can't even think about planning a trip. i need to spend a few months getting a handle of what our finances even are now, before i know what we're dealing with. so.... i keep opening this thread excitedly and then get so bummed out because it just reminds me of how much everything (as in my whole life!) is so up in the air. i know we will be back to disney within a year or so, no matter what (that is a priority to me and i will make it work), but the details are very unknown, which stinks. first world problem, i know. :scared1:

i'm hoping that "outing myself" for the reason why i haven't been posting may help me start posting more, lol! :surfweb:

I'm sorry about your hours being cut :hug:. I hope you are able to plan another trip soon.

It's hard economic times these days. I just found out I'm laid off as of Friday, and we leave for our paid GF SL trip on Friday. Nice vacay huh? On the positive side, I HATED my boss, so it will be wonderful to get away from all that mess. Guess I'll be job hunting when we get back from WDW.

I'm sorry about the lay off :grouphug:. I hope you are able to enjoy your trip. Good luck with the job search and I hope you find something soon with a better boss.

We're getting Magic Bands for our October stay at VGF. So excited!

I hope you have a great trip. The villas look beautiful :goodvibes.

I've been out of town for a couple days, missed a lot. I skimmed the last couple pages, hope I didn't miss anyone's send off.

Welcome back :).

Nothing new here......just relaxing and enjoying the evening :goodvibes.

:rolleyes1 only 2nd multi quote. You guys make it look so easy. Anyways Hi to Blue, K&A&C's, Grannie, and Mickeynut and anyone else I missed.

Hi trisha :wave2:.......good job on the multi-quoting :thumbsup2.

LOL - it often takes me quite a while to compose my post. If I'm not careful, it takes so long I miss a new post!:laughing:

LOL......this happens to me sometimes too......I either have too many people to respond to or I am too long winded that it takes me a long time to actually post what I want to say :rotfl::rotfl:.

Hi to anyone I missed :wizard:.

In the exact same boat. Simply not worrying about it. Don't let it wreck your holiday, you earned it.

:hug: So sorry BethClayton Hope that everything straightens out for you soon...At least you have memories from that extra special recent trip to keep you going until your next one...

Thankfully your trip is paid off and can still go :wizard:...When you come home you will be all rested up for the job hunting...and hopefully find a better work atmosphere..aka a nice boss!

:worried: I have been one of those worriers...seeing how busy things have been at the CR itself with the addition of BLT...but you have made some very good points...and I sure hope that you are right...:thumbsup2 I do remember the days of only the courtyard pool... but as for old timers...LOL...:confused3 Who you calling OLD!! :rolleyes1:upsidedow...lol...That wasn't so long ago..was it???

LuLu'sMom I didn't realize that your ticker said 1 day until your trip!! :dance3:

Grannieminnie I see that you are quoting!! Multi quoting is not far off..C'mon...You can do it!!

Hey MommyGina :wave:

Thanks for the encouragement, Blue! :wave2: I'm going to try and do more as the days go by! :thumbsup2 (I still think I'm doing something wrong, tho) Had to prepare for a birthday meal this evening, even tho most of the food I picked up from a restaurant...there's still the getting ready!

Think about CL. You don't want to be at parks and miss 5pm apps. So want rides after 6:30. Then there were not many times available. I didn't want afternoon because we always stay at are resort then. Mornings I am hoping if get breakfast in lounge then head out for rope drop I can at least get one or two in before busy.

They were offering times at 9 am so not sure if stand by line is going to be long or not. Currently you had until 9:40 until fast passes started and I could get in 3 rides that way.

Good news DH loves only one ride at each park so I did his for 7pm each night so at least he will be happy:goodvibes

I can't imagine trying to do a whole week without losing my mind. It was a lot of work just to finagle a single ride and time.

GOOD luck for those who get FP+ soon. It was kind of tricky and I am usually good with that stuff. Disney made it hard to get two rollercoasters unless you want to be in the park 12-4pm time. (we do not).

You know, trishadono, that DOES sound like a lot of work just to get your fastpasses lined up in advance!! :confused: Not sure I'd be happy to have to do that!!

GF newbie here. Stay starting oct 4. We have requested connecting rooms. My husband and I will be running the ToT 10 miler late on Saturday night, so my (adult) sister will need to put her DD7, DD2 and my DD3 and DD5 to bed that night. Any tips on getting our request? I know it won't be guaranteed, but I'd like to increase my odd!

GF newbie here. Stay starting oct 4. We have requested connecting rooms. My husband and I will be running the ToT 10 miler late on Saturday night, so my (adult) sister will need to put her DD7, DD2 and my DD3 and DD5 to bed that night. Any tips on getting our request? I know it won't be guaranteed, but I'd like to increase my odd!

If one of you can arrive early and check in that helps. That person can ask if connecting and they can get it fixed if needed.

Good luck!

You know, trishadono, that DOES sound like a lot of work just to get your fastpasses lined up in advance!! :confused: Not sure I'd be happy to have to do that!!

I agree grannyminnie.....sounds like more work than I would be up for :rotfl::rotfl:. We are a go-with-flow kind of family and if we get a fastpass for a ride, great; if not, we're fine with that too. I love making ADRs and deciding where we're going to eat far in advance, but I just can't get into making a decision on rides ahead of time.....especially since we don't decide which park(s) we'll go to which day until we wake up that morning :rolleyes1.

I would make sure connecting rooms is listed as a request on your reservation and then mention it again at check in. If you are not given connecting rooms upon check in, ask if they are available. Requests are not guaranteed, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you. If connecting rooms aren't available right away, they might be available later on in the day if you're willing to wait for your rooms. Good luck and have a great time at the GF :goodvibes.

In the exact same boat. Simply not worrying about it. Don't let it wreck your holiday, you earned it.

Thanks for the sympathies everyone! :)

chrishatton, sorry you've found yourself in the same boat. Hopefully a new opportunity finds you soon. I've been dealing with the same horrible boss for 3 years now, with no improvement. So I'm trying to see the positive side of not having to deal with her anymore. I gave it a fighting chance for 3 years so now it's time to cut my losses, and have fun and move on at Disneyworld!!

hi all,

We're thinking of splurging on the GF in February 2014. But when we were walking around GF this past Feb we noticed lots of construction. I 'd rather wait a year if that means things will be done. Does anyone have any information about this? thank you! :)

hi all,

We're thinking of splurging on the GF in February 2014. But when we were walking around GF this past Feb we noticed lots of construction. I 'd rather wait a year if that means things will be done. Does anyone have any information about this? thank you! :)

You should be fine for a February trip. The construction you saw was for the new GF villas, which is nearing completion with a mid-October opening date :). Rumor has it that room refurbs are scheduled to start sometime next year, but Disney does a great job of doing those with little to no interference to guests ;).

Great touring plans Trisha :thumbsup2 I like the way you incorporated the lounge time too!

What a great attitude you have about your situation! Have a magical trip..and hope that things turn around for you after your trip..:goodvibes

Thanks for the encouragement, Blue! :wave2: I'm going to try and do more as the days go by! :thumbsup2 (I still think I'm doing something wrong, tho) Had to prepare for a birthday meal this evening, even tho most of the food I picked up from a restaurant...there's still the getting ready!

Hope that the birthday meal went well! :cake: I like ordering much better than cooking! More time to enjoy your guests! Any special plans for your upcomming trip ??

I see that others have answered your connecting room question....just wanted to say good luck with the ToT marathon!! :tiptoe:

You should be fine for a February trip. The construction you saw was for the new GF villas, which is nearing completion with a mid-October opening date :). Rumor has it that room refurbs are scheduled to start sometime next year, but Disney does a great job of doing those with little to no interference to guests ;).

I agree MickeyNut Disney really does try to make any work that they are doing as unobtrusive as possible...I know that you are anxious to see what will happen at the Poly...but I have a feeling that all of the work they are doing wont have as much of an impact as peeps think...

ahcupcake Hope that you are feeling better...::yes::

Well I have some exciting news to share...:cheer2: A good friend is going to Disney next month ..she and her DDs attend the MNSSHP every year...and I mentioned how much I enjoyed going in years past for the party..and she invited me to join them!!! :crowded: Gotta love good Disney friends!!! :cheer2: So in a month I will be at WDW...:cloud9: And I couldnt be more excited... I need to go and make a new ticker...Now that I know how! LOL...

:wave2: Fellow GF fans..Hope you are having a terrific Thursday!

PS k&a&c'smom Are you posting about now..by any chance :confused3...LOL...

Well I have some exciting news to share...:cheer2: A good friend is going to Disney next month ..she and her DDs attend the MNSSHP every year...and I mentioned how much I enjoyed going in years past for the party..and she invited me to join them!!! :crowded: Gotta love good Disney friends!!! :cheer2: So in a month I will be at WDW...:cloud9: And I couldnt be more excited... I need to go and make a new ticker...Now that I know how! LOL...

Lucky you! :cool1:

Do I dare ask where you are staying:confused3

I owe disney an apology::yes:: I could not get late night times Friday because MK closing at 7 for mvmcp . I was a good wife. I went back and made sure he had test track at 645 on Sunday too. (I have been on new but he hasn't)

Oh if you see new vera let me know if cute in person:cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter