Have you kept in touch with any CMs?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
I think I still have requests attached to my cruise that have moved up from my canceled 2020 EBTA. One of those included my waiter. Who knows if any of the same staff will be back and on the same ships? Does anyone keep in touch with any of the staff and have a feel for desire to return? I'm FB friends with a couple concierge hosts and get no feeling that they're "getting read to return".

We correspond with a server we've gotten to know well and she hadn't heard anything from DCL about restarting as of last week.

Last edited:
Right now the only postings for DCL jobs are the staff they're bringing back to Castaway Cay. None of the shipboard jobs have been posted yet.

I was reading an article about how hard it was going to be for cruise lines to re-staff with experienced crew since so many have had to find other employment for the last year or so. In talking with many crew members on previous cruises, DCL definitely is viewed as one of the best to work for, so maybe they'll be able to get some of the wonderful crew we've gotten to know over the years back. Hope so!

I keep in touch with a few on Instagram, and a couple months ago one said he isn't expecting any DCL sailings until 2022. That was before the increased vaccine roll out so I don't know if his feelings have changed since then. One of his concerns was the tight staff living quarters and making sure everything is safe for the crew.

I'm FB friends with a server we had one the Wonder 3 times. He left DCL before the shut down. He lives in Thailand and is now a clothing designer.

I talk to a few Cruise Staff and ACD's. As of last I checked they all weren't going back whenever that maybe, but I know things change I know one left and is not a gym Manager in Vancover

I'm not DCL crew anymore (loyal to Royal these days ✌) but I highly doubt I'll go back. I miss it, but it won't ever be how it used to be and I'd rather leave it on a high than go back and hate it and leave with bad feelings. 6 years on the ocean and I thought I'd never leave, now over a year on land...
I'm part of a massive crew page on FB with thousands of crew from all companies and I think the its a 50/50 split but the only ones who seem absolutely desperate are the ones who haven't found work at home. Then there's those who absolutely refuse if they require the vaccine...

Companies will tell you what they want to hear themselves. Eg, Royal said something like 90% crew were ready to go back, but because I know I'm probably not going back, I didn't waste my time filling out that survey and I doubt I'm the only one...

I'm not DCL crew anymore (loyal to Royal these days ✌) but I highly doubt I'll go back. I miss it, but it won't ever be how it used to be and I'd rather leave it on a high than go back and hate it and leave with bad feelings. 6 years on the ocean and I thought I'd never leave, now over a year on land...
I'm part of a massive crew page on FB with thousands of crew from all companies and I think the its a 50/50 split but the only ones who seem absolutely desperate are the ones who haven't found work at home. Then there's those who absolutely refuse if they require the vaccine...

Companies will tell you what they want to hear themselves. Eg, Royal said something like 90% crew were ready to go back, but because I know I'm probably not going back, I didn't waste my time filling out that survey and I doubt I'm the only one...
Are you going to sail instead to keep in touch? ❤️
Can you refresh my memory what DCL you were on?
Can you also say which Royal ships you were on?
Does it seem like people are interested in trying to get onto different cruise companies/lines or back to their last job more?

Are you going to sail instead to keep in touch? ❤
Can you refresh my memory what DCL you were on?
Can you also say which Royal ships you were on?
Does it seem like people are interested in trying to get onto different cruise companies/lines or back to their last job more?

I doubt I'd sail. My vacations are a bit more rough, I tend to backpack and make my own way haha.

I was mainly in the Magic and Wonder, but spent about 3 weeks on the Fantasy when I was on my way to my second stint on the magic.

With Royal I started on Grandeur (one of the smallest and oldest) and ended on Symphony (one of the biggest and newest) and did most classes in between: vision class x2, Radiance class x2, Freedom class, Quantum class and Oasis class.

I know Disney are calling people who left the company before covid was a thing to ask if they are willing to go back, so I don't know if they're desperate or looking for crew from certain countries.

And I know Royal have asked crew if they are willing to get a covid vaccine, and if they are not they have emailed them to say that they won't get a contract any time soon...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618032289793.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618032289793.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 88
I doubt I'd sail. My vacations are a bit more rough, I tend to backpack and make my own way haha.

I was mainly in the Magic and Wonder, but spent about 3 weeks on the Fantasy when I was on my way to my second stint on the magic.

With Royal I started on Grandeur (one of the smallest and oldest) and ended on Symphony (one of the biggest and newest) and did most classes in between: vision class x2, Radiance class x2, Freedom class, Quantum class and Oasis class.

I know Disney are calling people who left the company before covid was a thing to ask if they are willing to go back, so I don't know if they're desperate or looking for crew from certain countries.

And I know Royal have asked crew if they are willing to get a covid vaccine, and if they are not they have emailed them to say that they won't get a contract any time soon...
Well Royal seems to be serious on the vaccine. I’m glad, looks like my January cruise on the Odyssey might happen.
I hope your new job is pleasing. And you enjoy those backpack adventures!

We are Facebook friends with our favorite server from the Magic. They have not heard anything yet. I would guess there will need to be progress soon on staffing the Magic for the summer cruises in the UK.

My wife is a FB friend with "Tony from Spain" who is actually working the Great Britain "cruises to no-where".
Friendly, personable and talented, he is a terrific MC for the pub trivia games and late nites at Fathoms/Waves.
Also, always up for a discussion about the ending of "Titanic"

My wife is a FB friend with "Tony from Spain" who is actually working the Great Britain "cruises to no-where".
Friendly, personable and talented, he is a terrific MC for the pub trivia games and late nites at Fathoms/Waves.
Also, always up for a discussion about the ending of "Titanic"

Also a fan of Tony from Spain! I follow him and Axel (also entertainment) from the Magic on Insta. And there is a chef from the Magic who was on Top Chef in Britain who got called back as well.

I'm FB friends with a couple concierge hosts and get no feeling that they're "getting read to return".

That doesn't sound promising at all. We are supposed to be sailing concierge in late September on the Fantasy - I was so holding out hope it would be a go.

Well Royal seems to be serious on the vaccine. I’m glad, looks like my January cruise on the Odyssey might happen.
I hope your new job is pleasing. And you enjoy those backpack adventures!

They definitely are.
Ooh, I know someone who just joined Odyssey yesterday, she's been posting stories in FB and Instagram. They just set sail for Israel earlier today. Its making me want to go back already....haha.

I also know 2 set to join the magic. But they haven't really said much else about it.

For all the Tony from Spain fans out there he did share on Insta that he is NOT going to be on the Magic UK sailings.

Just FYI: Axel (was on Magic) is currently quarantining to board the Wonder. (Which I'm stoked about assuming I actually get to finally do Alaska next summer!). Tony seems to be living his best life in Spain still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter