Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am down to just needing one kid vaccinated now. I was able to get my 23 year old who lives in PA but still has his NY ID the J&J yesterday. So he is one and done with it. I am down to needing to get my 20 year old who is in college in PA her shot. She plays lacrosse so she is currently in season and she will be home by the second week in May so I will make her appointment then. I have had a lot of luck with the pharmacy sites in western NY. Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid have had appointments for the next day almost every morning when I check for friends at 6 am. I was able to get my son through a county clinic because he really wanted the J&J so that he did not have to drive a second time.

I brought my college-age son home for Easter last weekend (he goes to an in-state university about 2.5 hours away) and managed to get him a J&J vaccine appointment for Saturday. He had a mild headache Saturday night/Sunday morning and some body aches on Sunday, but not enough to prevent him from doing the things he'd planned to do. Said he felt fine on Monday.

Of course, last night the university announced they're going to do an on-campus vaccine clinic next week (previously said they didn't think they'd be able to). But at least his is one-and-done and it's well before finals. The on-campus clinic will be Pfizer with the second dose falling right before finals week.

Last edited:
We got our first Pfizer dose on Saturday. We drove 2.5 hours for it, but we picked up my ds at school on the way so it wasn't so bad. I was impressed by how it was handled, and was surprised that there was hardly anyone there at the time. Dh's friend went to a different State run site and waited in line for 3 hours and that was with an appointment. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes. They scheduled our 2nd dose right there. Out of the 4 of us I had the worst side effects. My arm hurt immediately after and got worse throughout the day. By the evening I had a horrible headache. Next day still had headache and was dizzy, my arm still hurt then my right knee started aching. That's the only thing that still hurts today.
State opened up eligibility to 16+ today and I was able to get my dd an appointment for this Friday an hour away. I just kept checking the CVS site and it popped up.

My ds's school notified us that they would have limited J&J vaccines for students 18+ at the end of this week.

Glad to see that other people are really thirsty after the 2nd dose of Pfizer also. I have had the dry mouth feel ever since I got it. I have also felt really tired earlier in the day since getting it. Kind of like hitting a brick wall in the middle of the day. Only other side effect I have had is sneezing a little more frequently but that could very well be from allergies.

Got mine yesterday. Pfizer. A long line but in and out in 1 hour.
Was shocked how I didn't have any symptoms at all for hours. Went to sleep then the pain in the arm/shoulder woke me up before dawn. It was as if Mike Tyson hit me in the arm with all his might without a boxing glove. Hurt like hell, almost couldn't move it. Took pain med and it's almost gone now.

I'm so grateful with all the staff/volunteers I'm planning on dropping off a few boxes of donuts in appreciation for what they do for my 2nd shot. I obvs asked them if that was ok and they cheerfully said yes.
If you can, consider doing that. These people are angels and work long hours.

Where are the no's? The last poll I saw said 25% of US adults said they will not get the vaccine yet 168+ pages seems 99% of those here said yes.

Well, 99% of those responding to *this* thread. There are plenty of people here on the DIS that have stated they’re going to wait or will not get it.

Not to start a debate at all but for me as long as I have the vaccine I don't really care about what others do. I know I feel 100 percent better having it then when I didn't have it but I also was someone who remained traveling and kept myself protected. I went to Disney World 2 times and went to other places also. I am also very high risk. I am so glad I got the vaccine.

[
J&J vaccine is NOT made from "dead Covid". Sorry to burst your bubble. It uses an altered adenovirus vector to deliver DNA for the SARS-COV2 spike protein so that it gets made in your own cells.

Additionally, there were no licensed viral vector vaccines in use prior to this one (unless you count the Russian and Indian covid vaccines in use). It is also a new technology.

You can read about all the different vaccine types for Covid here:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00296-021-04792-9

That is actually not true. There have been other viral vector vaccines in the past decades, most notably for Ebola.

[

That is actually not true. There have been other viral vector vaccines in the past decades, most notably for Ebola.

The only one approved by the FDA was only approved in Dec 2019. There were no others licensed for use here prior to that. They have only been used in labs for research purposes.

Not to start a debate at all but for me as long as I have the vaccine I don't really care about what others do. I know I feel 100 percent better having it then when I didn't have it but I also was someone who remained traveling and kept myself protected. I went to Disney World 2 times and went to other places also. I am also very high risk. I am so glad I got the vaccine.
You won’t get a debate from me. I was simply answering the question. If you read the OP of this thread it’s asking for experiences getting vaccinated. It was never really a “will you or won’t you get vaccinated” question. That’s why you don’t really see any “no” responses. If the person who asked the question I quoted wants to see those there are plenty of threads that have them. That’s all I was pointing out. There was no opinion one way or the other on my part.

The only one approved by the FDA was only approved in Dec 2019. There were no others licensed for use here prior to that. They have only been used in labs for research purposes.

But they have been in human trials for various vaccines for decades. Simply put, they have long-range data for human subjects that mRNA vaccines simply do not possess.

I've been trying. My county's scheduling system seems to be messed up. The form is hosted by some service provided by Microsoft but it just seems to do nothing but put up that it's loading. Costco is supposed to be opening up appointments, but when I select a location it says something about clicking on "Get Started" but I don't see it and I've checked on multiple web browsers and different devices.

DH and I are now a little past 2 weeks from second Dose of Pfizer ...yay.

Thursday DS will be 2 weeks since J&J ....yay

DD will get her second dose the 17....we'll see what her reaction is. She is very sensitive to shots.
DIL gets her second dose the 19.....and then 2 weeks later she has to go back into the office.
but the family, other than the kids, will be done....yay

Got my second Pfizer at 1pm today. Here in Atlanta Walgreens was setting online second shot appointments 4 weeks out until the CDC told them to go back to the 3 week Pfizer timeframe a day or so ago. My original second appointment was to have been next Tuesday but I called the pharmacy at 10am and asked if I could get in earlier and was told yes. They had appointments at 1and 4pm today. They just took my name and DOB over the phone and said “see you at 1pm”. 😍
Nothing but a slightly sore arm so far. I’ve been staying hydrated and exercising my arm so I feel like that has helped.

Got my second Pfizer at 1pm today. Here in Atlanta Walgreens was setting online second shot appointments 4 weeks out until the CDC told them to go back to the 3 week Pfizer timeframe a day or so ago. My original second appointment was to have been next Tuesday but I called the pharmacy at 10am and asked if I could get in earlier and was told yes. They had appointments at 1and 4pm today. They just took my name and DOB over the phone and said “see you at 1pm”. 😍
Nothing but a slightly sore arm so far. I’ve been staying hydrated and exercising my arm so I feel like that has helped.
I have been wanting to see if I could change mine from 4 weeks to 3 weeks but am worried I’ll mess it up. Maybe I’ll give them a call.

I got Moderna shot #1 on Monday at a local CVS. Very impressive set-up. I get shot #2 on May 2nd.

I am the last of the adults in my family (dad, 2 brothers, 3 sisters, 3 sisters-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law) to be finished. Some of the next generation have had at least 1 vaccine. When we're all finished, we plan to have a family get together to celebrate all the birthdays (Dad's 95th, sister's 50th, sister-in-law's 60th, my 60th, great nephew's 1st & 2nd, great niece's 1st), the high school graduation, the 2 college graduations, etc. etc. that we've missed in the past year.

Got my 2nd Pfizer dose Saturday morning. Fine all day Saturday and most of the day on Easter Sunday. Just when I thought I was in the clear.... about 5:00 on Sunday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a fever, my hands were like ice cubes, and I was so cold my teeth were chattering. I took Tylenol, threw on many layers, and crawled into bed where I stayed until about 9:00 Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter