Have you ever "snapped" while on a Disney vacation?

I usually manage to hold it in long enough to get out of the immediate situation, but I confess that more than once I've made the conscious decision to spend the last day of my trip just enjoying my resort because I just can't face the people in the parks anymore. What is a minor peeve on day one turns into a major aggravation by day ten.

There was a guy at Starbucks in MK one morning who was super cranky and rude, because there was some confusion over an order (two of us had the same name).

I felt bad for him, being so angry so early in the morning at WDW. :sad1:

I went in January with perfect weather, but I can see it being easy to get out of sorts when it is hot and humid all day (it definitely wasn't weather related for that guy).

You know what's sad is that I still remember him and his bad attitude so well. I hope I never have a negative impact on other people like that (I'm sure I have many times...I'm not perfect by a long shot, but his actions did make me more aware of my own).

Last edited:
Yes, many times. Traveling with DH and 4 cranky kids can get to you.

I can;t stand the crowds that gather at store entrances either. That's often where DH loses his cool. You're not going to melt. Grab a poncho and move. If there's reported lightening in the area I might give you leeway, but if it's the fear of getting wet then go home. Or at the least don;t block others way.

Yup I did snap at a CM because they were being lazy. This would have been back in 2008. I was there during one of the MNSSHP events. Rode Big Thunder and left my cap in the bag in front of the seat. I immediately knew I had forgotten it and went to a couple of the CM's for help. They told me there was nothing they could do and that I should check in with guest services at the park entrance once the park closes. I snapped on them bigly! I have very little tolerance for that kind of nonchalant lazy attitude. Anyways, of course my hat never turned up at guest services.

After I got home, I wrote Disney a complaint letter and they clearly agreed as they sent me three 1 day park hopper tickets.

After 3 days of my daughter(10...tough tomboy) refusing to ride ANY rides and even CRYING on It's a Small World I had enough.

We were at HS and as we were loading on Start Tours she decided to cry and pout about ONCE AGAIN being scared. So I took her through the chicken exit and waited for the rest of our party to be done riding. I handed her off to my husband and went to sulk on my own for a little while. A woman sat down next to me and said, "You don't look like you're having fun." I gave her my side-eye, replied, "I'm having a moment." She kept trying to engage me in conversation and I flat out ignored her. I felt kind of crappy for being rude to a stranger but I was done for that afternoon.

It was a long trip dealing with my hormonal daughter, over-excited son, over-happy husband(who I can ALWAYS count on to be a grouch with me:laughing:), grandmothers who spoil my kids rotten and my spoiled little brother. PHEW. But it was also a good one looking back on it as a whole.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter