Have you ever seen a spider?

I have seen it commented before, and noticed when I was there in January, that there are a LOT of spiders on the ferry boat to/from MK and the parking lot. Nobody else seemed to notice but when we looked up, there were tons of them up there. I'm pretty allergic to spiders so I strategically placed myself in a spot that was not under any. The boat ride sure seemed to take forever!

OOOMMMGGG I would scream like a little girl if i saw a bunch of spiders above me on a boat! I never think to look up. Wow! I will keep this in mind next time!

Oh yes we see spiders at Disney every trip. We go every May and October. They build their webs on the patios or balconies and they make amazing ones in the trees. The webs collect the morning dew and are stunning when the sun hits them. I don't like spiders but we have an agreement: they stay away and they stay alive! Lol

Sure. It's Florida. We have seen all kinds of critters outside, but not in the room, that I can remember

During our first night at CSR last hear, DP got bit by a spider on the lip - lip was swollen the entire trip and several weeks after..... :eek:

Well, we didn't see any snakes or gators (this trip) but our stay at POR was quite interesting with the spider and the lizard. Here's our little friend waiting by our door. (And I'm going to let your sarcastic implication that I was making this up slide.) My point was to concur that there indeed ARE these little critters at WDW and that they will not bother you.

IMG_3785_zpsf94c7c3e.jpg

He's adorable! And he would have been gently placed outside by us. He's harmless!

He's adorable! And he would have been gently placed outside by us. He's harmless!

Be careful picking those little lizards up. If you pick them up by their tail, the tail snaps off. They regrow another one, but do look funny for awhile. I had one in my garage, that my little 4 y/o grandson was going to "rescue". He nearly freaked when the tail came off in his hand.:rotfl: His dad had to explain how geckos have that trait as a self defense mechanism for their own safety and that the poor lizard could/would grow another. Still it was pretty traumatic for a 4 y/o.:rotfl:

Be careful picking those little lizards up. If you pick them up by their tail, the tail snaps off. They regrow another one, but do look funny for awhile. I had one in my garage, that my little 4 y/o grandson was going to "rescue". He nearly freaked when the tail came off in his hand.:rotfl: His dad had to explain how geckos have that trait as a self defense mechanism for their own safety and that the poor lizard could/would grow another. Still it was pretty traumatic for a 4 y/o.:rotfl:

Funny! This happened to us too, but it was my nephew - about 4 yrs old - who did it. We were walking to our car and a little lizard was sunning on the sidewalk. He thought he would put his foot on it's tail to catch it. The look on his face when the lizard ran away and the tail lay there twitching was priceless! :rotfl2: The kids are now in their mid-20's and still talk about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter