Have you ever run into a fellow Dis'er?

firkat

Dumbo or Die!
:wave2: Hello. Just curious if any of you have ever run into a fellow Dis'er? Maybe walking through the parks and you see the lime green baggallini? Or the LMGHPC? What tipped you off?

If you did, how did it go? Did you exchange screen names and did you recognize the other Dis'er from the Disboards?

I have three times. Once a DISer made it into the hot seat and I noticed her lime green Mickey. That same night she was at the Adventurer's Club when we were and I congratulated her on getting into the hot seat and introduced myself.

The other two times were while standing in queue lines. Both of the other people noticed either MY lime green Mickey or my DIS t-shirt.

So, MaryJ, did you exchange screen names and if so, did you recognize them from the Disboards?

We did exchange names, and afterwards I did see one of them on the boards, but I don't remember the name anymore.

Way cool! I guess there are just so many people on these boards, that ya think your are gonna get to the World and it will be crawling with Dis'ers . . . but not true.

not quite the same but I meet up with a Diser at Wendys during the promo. Nice to knows someone else who live DISney too!

I am making some lime green mickey heads with mine and DH's DIS names and putting them on our room door...if you see us, knock and come in for a drink!! :drinking1

I met another DISer (screen name "goofy'sgal" I think) at LeCellier in May. Back in April, we'd both been discussing on the DISboard, our upcoming May trips to WDW & we learned that we'd both be at the restaurant on the same night & time. I went over to her table & we chatted for a few minutes. Very nice gal!!

I saw a DISer last year in the ME line at the airport. But I was new on this site and too chicken to say anything . . . BOOO.....

About 2 weeks ago on a Saturday at Columbia mall, I saw a woman with her husband pushing a stroller, who had on a lime green shirt, and lime Crocs. I wanted to chase her down so badly and ask her if she was on the boards.

A few years ago when we were going on a Discney Cruise we were taking the shuttle from the car rental to the ship and a man overheard my husband call my name and he turned around and said are you 'thebecka'? Yep, you got it he was a Disboard member and had seen some of my posts. :sunny:
It's such a small world!!

I haven't yet but this coming trip (Jan 30-Feb 10) I hope to. I will have the LGMH on my bags and my purse so maybe I will finally meet one in person. COOL!

thebecka said:
A few years ago when we were going on a Discney Cruise we were taking the shuttle from the car rental to the ship and a man overheard my husband call my name and he turned around and said are you 'thebecka'? Yep, you got it he was a Disboard member and had seen some of my posts. :sunny:
It's such a small world!!

Hi neighbor! :wave2:

So what's the deal with this? Wearing a lime green mickey on your person kinda like a name tag is the official ID?

Kimis - we'll be in WDW at the same time! I'll look for you and your Lime Green Mickey's! :thumbsup2

Gmax-Congrats again on becoming a DisVet!! That is soooooo cool!! I'm over in Ellicott City - what part of Baltimore are you in? :3dglasses

Aztecgoods,
The Lime Green Mickey's have evolved over the years as a way for DisBoard members to recognize one another. As you are aware there are some folks who post just thousands of posts and we all make so many friends that it's just really neat to connect. It's not required or expected but when you go keep your eyes pealed for those Mickey's. Although I've never carried them before I will on the February trip. I already made the trip to HD and they are burning a hole in my purse. I know DH will think it's a waste of time but I'm looking forward to meeting a few DisBoard Members while in WDW.
I'm ready to leave now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter