Have you ever known anyone who was Murdered , did they catch

A boy, my son's went to school with, killed his girlfriend. The boys played soccer together! I was completely floored when I heard the news and couldn't believe it. I actually called his mother when I heard about it. We live in a small rural community and it was a shock to everyone.
I didn't know him personally, but my friend had a brother who was murdered. This was before we became friends.

A friend from college was murdered by a serial killer. It was a terrifying time for our group of friends and the area. He was caught after several more murders and executed by the state.

My cousin was murdered. His childs mother talked her current boyfriend into killing him, so that she could get full custody! Yes, they were both caught, charged and convicted.

Yes. In 2002 a good friend of mine from college was murdered after being carjacked on campus. It was horrible. The guys who did it were arrested and sentenced. My friend was an amazing person who was always there for you, always had a smile, and was so well loved. Those pieces of scum took that away. I hope they rot.

My husband used to work at a bar/restaurant that Natalee Holloway used to frequent in Birmingham. She was in there with her friends quite often when he was working.

Last edited:
I had a boss at a temp job I worked for about 6 months. I used to catch up with her every 4-6 months after I left and I realized I hadn't heard from her in about a year so I looked her up. She was murdered in her home when it was set on fire. I was never able to find out any details on if anyone was arrested. She was never married, no kids and never mentioned a boyfriend when I knew her...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2013/06...h-of-woman-found-in-burned-house-as-homicide/

Last edited:
20+ years ago, a former student went missing when she was 16 years old from her job at a local lake as a lifeguard. They found her body 3 years later. No arrests have been made.
Molly Bish? I'm from the same area and remember all the coverage vividly - she was just a few years older than I was at the time and we shared a name, so it really stuck with me.

I remember this very vividly too. So sad.

I am surprised at how many people know multiple murder victims. I personally have not known a single victim. There was a girl in my school district that disappeared on her way to a bus stop one afternoon and was later found murdered. I did not know her as she was high school age when she disappeared and I was in 7th grade. It happened right around Halloween. I remember there was a lot of panic and fear in our community. The case was publicized again a few years ago around an anniversary—30 or 35. I remember at the time there was speculation that it could have been some sort of retaliation/threat to her father who was, I think, fairly high up in one of the unions and there was something going on at the time. Very sad.

My childhood friend was strangled by her boyfriend and stuffed under the bed. She was 5 months pregnant. The baby died too. The POS is in prison.

I don't know anyone that was murdered, but I was a young 20-year-old working in Lake Tahoe for 6 months when Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped. I remember seeing the flyers all over town, the search parties and all the stress the locals were going through. It was a black cloud over the town. I hadn't really thought about it until she was rescued in 2009. It was such an amazing thing seeing her found after all those years.

A guy I dated in high school. Shot by a thug while he was talking on a pay phone. He had a carry permit, shot his murderer - seems he (murderer) was 17 or 18. The murderer went to a local hospital, saying he had been shot while talking on a pay phone. Police quickly connected the dots. Chris lived for a week or so after he was shot. He was just 23.

The husband of one of my mom's good friends was murdered by their next door neighbor while he was out mowing the lawn on his riding mower. The neighbor was upset that he had mowed too far over the property line into his yard, so he shot and killed him.

Was this in southeastern Indiana by any chance? I know of a very similar story where husband was shot and killed, wife was shot but survived over a lawn mowing/property line dispute. It happened 2-3 years ago. Just wondering if it's the same event.

I personally do not know anyone involved in a murder, thank goodness.

I have a friend whose ex-wife murdered their child. She was put in prison, then later acquitted. They even made a Lifetime TV movie about it. He is still 100% convinced she did it. It was horrible and tragic. Huge custody issue, she definitely had a "if I can't have him, no one can" persona.

I have another friend who was shot in the stomach and died about 9 hours later. He was a pilot and worked with doctors without borders and was staying in a tent on the Kenya side of the border when Samali rebels came and shot him.

Another friend was brutally raped at murdered near the Rose Bowl.

And I worked in a very rough high school for many, many years and went to students' funerals, murdered from gang violence. All senseless. All tragic.

Was this in southeastern Indiana by any chance? I know of a very similar story where husband was shot and killed, wife was shot but survived over a lawn mowing/property line dispute. It happened 2-3 years ago. Just wondering if it's the same event.

I personally do not know anyone involved in a murder, thank goodness.

No, this was in Central Kentucky in 2004.

I can't say that I ever knew anybody who was murdered. But my wife's ex-husband was murdered some time before I met her.

Can't say I knew anyone who was murdered. I didn't know the previous owner of my house, but here is a picture just after we moved in of the cadaver dog searching our property for the previous owner's previous wife who disappeared in the 80's.

Attachments

• 20040420Dogsearch05.JPG
    20040420Dogsearch05.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 22
I have a friend whose ex-wife murdered their child. She was put in prison, then later acquitted. They even made a Lifetime TV movie about it. He is still 100% convinced she did it. It was horrible and tragic. Huge custody issue, she definitely had a "if I can't have him, no one can" persona.

I'm curious to know the name of this case or Lifetime Movie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter