Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

I was in late elementary school and was with a large group of girl scouts on a weekend camping trip. It was that awful/awkward time when girls relational bullying was in full force. I mostly hung around one of my friends who was a bit overweight, really fun, really witty, definitely louder and not afraid to say what was on her mind. She wasn't the most popular girl, but I really liked her. I think we were in a tent with a few other less popular girls. Most of the weekend with the larger group, we were quietly snubbed by a clique of the others who were definitely more popular. Maybe it was really subtle, maybe the troop leaders were blind, maybe they didn't care, or maybe they didn't like us either. I just remember feeling really lonely and unsupported and sad and homesick (which I am not typically), especially after my friend and I were called over by one of the leaders who sternly accused us of ripping some tenting material in one of the shared areas. We did NOT do any such thing. Her reply was "Well, there are a lot of girls here who say you two did this. And these tents belong to the council, so we are going to have reimburse them for returning them damaged now" We told her we didn't have anything to do with it, but it was clear she did not believe us. I'm 45 years old and STILL remember how horrible this felt.

In the last year
Accused of filing a false and vindictive report against a licensee

Accused and written up with threat to terminate for telling a coworker not to apply for a promotion as it was mine, doing something to another coworker causing her to want to leave and disrupting a meeting yelling that xxx wanted to fire me.

Accused of showing a picture of coworkers will ill intent

Accused of speaking about above coworkers in picture with someone but they don't know who

Accused of sending a fax or email or letter (still not sure) to Board members detailing something bad about the boss (this letter went to the police)

Accused of speaking negatively with coworkers regarding something specific we were told not to talk about even though I was bending over getting something out of the refrigerator and the two talking were 5 feet away from me (amazingly, they weren't called in)

Possibly accused of sending information to the newspaper helping a story to be published about our place of employment (I didn't stick around to wait that one out but the investigators are finding out for me. I'm 99% positive that's the direction it was going).

There is a lot more but this has been the past year of my life. Since I just had my last meeting with the attorney general's office, I can only speak of those situations to where I have witnesses.

My report was verified by an eye witness and not false nor vindictive.

I never told any employee not to apply for a job or it was mine verified by that employee
I never did or told another employee something that would make her leave (there was a misunderstanding where she thought we were speaking about her but truth was, she asked me for help on our new computer system and I was getting her the help (verified with emails of the tech person emailing a how to in response to the coworkers question).....we talked that out and was ok...she misunderstood)

Never happened in this meeting verified by 20 witnesses

There are 5 of us left that have worked at this place for 15 years. All 65 others are pretty new. One of the oldies was out having a good time with another coworker AFTER work hours as they had to travel. He sent a selfie on them sitting on a big chair. I said it looked like they were having a good time. It was no big deal but turned into lies.

Still don't know what the letter or email or fax was but the person who did it later admitted to the AG It was a letter/fax/email?? detailing what they believed our boss was doing and I think detailed how fearful we all were. (from my understanding)

Did no talking, did not send anything to the paper. Everything is verified by witnesses. There is many more but just what I can speak about right now.

It sounds like drama but when it's your job with tenure, when you are a target, when a manager is joyful that they've gotten 7 people fired, it is stressful and sickening every day of your life. My boss resigned a few weeks ago at the advice of her attorney.

I was at camp once and a girl in my cabin said something was missing and blamed me for taking it. I DID NOT take it and thankfully she found it later. It still makes me mad because I don't lie. I hate lying, and as an adult I may said I don't want to answer something, but I do not lie.

In the last year
Accused of filing a false and vindictive report against a licensee

Accused and written up with threat to terminate for telling a coworker not to apply for a promotion as it was mine, doing something to another coworker causing her to want to leave and disrupting a meeting yelling that xxx wanted to fire me.

Accused of showing a picture of coworkers will ill intent

Accused of speaking about above coworkers in picture with someone but they don't know who

Accused of sending a fax or email or letter (still not sure) to Board members detailing something bad about the boss (this letter went to the police)

Accused of speaking negatively with coworkers regarding something specific we were told not to talk about even though I was bending over getting something out of the refrigerator and the two talking were 5 feet away from me (amazingly, they weren't called in)

Possibly accused of sending information to the newspaper helping a story to be published about our place of employment (I didn't stick around to wait that one out but the investigators are finding out for me. I'm 99% positive that's the direction it was going).

There is a lot more but this has been the past year of my life. Since I just had my last meeting with the attorney general's office, I can only speak of those situations to where I have witnesses.

My report was verified by an eye witness and not false nor vindictive.

I never told any employee not to apply for a job or it was mine verified by that employee
I never did or told another employee something that would make her leave (there was a misunderstanding where she thought we were speaking about her but truth was, she asked me for help on our new computer system and I was getting her the help (verified with emails of the tech person emailing a how to in response to the coworkers question).....we talked that out and was ok...she misunderstood)

Never happened in this meeting verified by 20 witnesses

There are 5 of us left that have worked at this place for 15 years. All 65 others are pretty new. One of the oldies was out having a good time with another coworker AFTER work hours as they had to travel. He sent a selfie on them sitting on a big chair. I said it looked like they were having a good time. It was no big deal but turned into lies.

Still don't know what the letter or email or fax was but the person who did it later admitted to the AG It was a letter/fax/email?? detailing what they believed our boss was doing and I think detailed how fearful we all were. (from my understanding)

Did no talking, did not send anything to the paper. Everything is verified by witnesses. There is many more but just what I can speak about right now.

It sounds like drama but when it's your job with tenure, when you are a target, when a manager is joyful that they've gotten 7 people fired, it is stressful and sickening every day of your life. My boss resigned a few weeks ago at the advice of her attorney.

Um...OK then...that was quite a vent. The only thing you forgot was a bunch of :furious::furious::furious::furious:.

Just yankin' your chain, sometimes it feels good to just let it out. :-)

I recently got blamed for running a stop sign.... insurance adjuster saw the dashcam and billed the other vehicle for the damages and telling a lie. Love video surveillance to keep everyone honest.

When I was in first grade we had a substitute teacher one day. We had a math test that day. I made 100 on the test and was showing my grade to someone else. The sub thought I was cheating by showing the other girl my answers. I honestly didn't even know what cheating was or how to do it! I got a paddling for that by the sub (whom I had adored until this incident). The rule at home was if you got a paddling at school, you got in trouble at home. But I never told my parents about this until years later since I wasn't cheating.

I was accused of being a "player" by a girl was dating. At that time, I didn't even know what a "player' was! :teeth:

My wife taught at a small private school. She resisted efforts by several powerful parents on the school's board of directors to "give" their children grades they didn't earn. Those parents, and their allies, made her life miserable. Some of them even wrote and mailed out anonymous letters and started rumors. Then, they falsely accused of theft of $8. The school wanted to "do her a favor" and keep it internal and not bring in the police. Mostly because they knew it never happened. Even the principal knew that it didn't happen, but they steamrolled over him.

When they asked my wife to attend a formal meeting about this "incident", she declined and said that "on the advice of her lawyer, she was not to attend any meetings without her lawyer present."

After she said that, nothing more was ever said and no action - formal or informal - was ever done. There are two things schools hate: negative publicity and lawsuits.

My wife chose not to return to that school after that year.

BTW, she didn't have a lawyer. I told her to say that so they would back off. It worked like a charm. :teeth:

Last edited:

Many, many, MANY times! But most of them are not things I want to discuss at all, let alone on the internet.

I will tell you this story though. When I was a freshman in high school my gym teacher asked me a question about a medical condition I had. It was an honest question that I didn't mind answering. I answered the question very factually. I guess I used too many big words for her. When I finished she screamed at me, "Stop lying and tell me the truth!" I had to make up a lie to satisfy her. :sad2:

I'm sure the medical terms I used confused her. She wasn't very smart. This same gym teacher thought stretching and warm up exercises were a waste of time. She made us run laps and we weren't allowed to stretch first. :faint: :faint: :faint:

sailorstitch

My in laws have accused me of a variety of things over the years - none of them true. Addicts are such fun to be around.

Yes, many times. And all from my mom. I give her something of a pass, because I was a terrible liar as a kid. But...

When I was a teenager my mother found a cigarette burn on the sleeve of my school uniform shirt. Now, common sense would tell you that I took public transit to school every day, so the most likely source of the burn was someone smoking on the bus or at the bus stop and just being careless about where they held their ciggie.

But, for reasons I still don't understand, my mother decided this was incontrovertible evidence that I had been smoking.

I told her I hadn't.

She told me lying would just make it worse.

I reiterated that I had no idea where the burn had come from, and I didn't smoke.

She begged me to just 'fess up, promising she wouldn't be mad, if I'd just be truthful with her.

So, I was truthful. I said I didn't smoke.

At which point, she started yelling. So, I started yelling. And it pretty much went where you'd expect from there. I feel sorry for the neighbours, having to listen to all that.

Weirdly, when I mentioned the incident in passing some twenty-five years later, it turned out she STILL believes I'd been smoking. Not even 40 year old me could convince her I hadn't been a smoker at fifteen.

Back when I was in my thirties, she told me I had fetal alcohol syndrome because she'd read an article in the NYT about it that "explained everything". I laughed in her face, pointed her toward some authoritative books on the topic, and she never brought it up again. (I do not have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, or Effect.)

So when about a year ago she revealed to me that she had "incontrovertible proof" that my dad had molested me when I was a toddler... yeah, you can pretty much guess my reaction. I like my dad. I enjoy spending time with him. I hope he never finds out he's been falsely accused of this sort of thing by his bitter ex-wife. (Her "proof" is a series of suppositions and backward-looking guesses about my behaviour, nothing concrete.)

For a highly intelligent woman, my mother can be spectacularly dumb sometimes. Fortunately for everyone, she never actually does anything about any of her theories.
My mother has falsely accused me of too many things to list here. My problem is she also continues to tell the stories 30+ years later to relatives. I'm constantly having to defend myself against ridiculous, untrue allegations of things that never happened when I was a teen to these people. It's exhausting to be painted as the bad guy, especially by your own mother.

I get accused by Dh of moving stuff he can't find. :rolleyes2 Because we know how good men are at finding stuff. :rolleyes1

98% of the time I didn't touch whatever he's looking for, but he loves to bringing up that 2%.

Ahh, marriage can be such a delight at times. :p

Not sure if it's the same but my mom thought I was making a face because I did not like a gift but the reason behind the face was because I was nervous about the meal turns out she liked my friend and she even helped me understand her better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter