Have you ever been attacked by an animal?

I was bitten by our next-door-neighbor’s german shepherd when I was around 7. I had to have six stitches in the back of my thigh.

Maybe not "technically attacked" but I was bitten by my pet rabbit when a kid. Had to see doctor and report the bite. The following year in the Town Newspaper there is a break down of reported accidents, robberies, building fires, animal bites, shootings ... etc. There was 1 reported bunny bite --- MINE :cool1:

A few dogs, got bit once. A bird used to swoop down pretty close everyday when I would walk past the tree with their nest.

I remember being chased by a goose once. Had it caught me I think it could’ve done something, I don’t know what. 😂 Have had three dog bites but wouldn’t call any of them attacks. Two were when I was a kid, and the last one was as an adult, by a friend’s dog visiting my home who had a bit of an attitude problem, lol.

Have you ever been attacked by an animal?

German shepherd knocked me down and nipped me when I was 12.

Future sister-in-law's cat bit my hand 2 days before the wedding.

As a lineman for the CATV company (many years ago) I was given the business by a very angry squirrel. Didn't get bit but those things are terrifying when they come at you at eye-level.

Another time a "customer" set his dog on me while I was disconnecting his service. That one was bad. Bit through my Redwing boot and the foot within it. Broke 2 bones in the foot.

More recently ... had a crow go nuts on me and scratched the back of my neck really bad.

Had a shark coming right at me and I was the only person left in the water! Everyone else was on the shore screaming to me that there was a shark coming, or running down the beach doing the shark hand signal! Luckily, the shark swerved away at the last minute and I was able to get to shore!

I remember being chased by a goose once. Had it caught me I think it could’ve done something, I don’t know what. 😂 Have had three dog bites but wouldn’t call any of them attacks. Two were when I was a kid, and the last one was as an adult, by a friend’s dog visiting my home who had a bit of an attitude problem, lol.

yes! Fowl can be nasty. One of my youngest memories was being nipped at by a duck and then chased when I was 3 at the zoo. My dad put me on his shoulders and we got away :tiptoe:

I wouldn't call it attacked. 6 or 8 years ago the neighbors dog (a Pitbull) was in the front yard when I pulled into the drive way. I got out of my car and he walked over to me nice as could be. I started to walk to my house and the dog bite my leg. He didn't break the skin but I had one hell of a bruise and sour leg.

I was never afraid of dogs of any kind before then. Now I am. :(

A neighbor's dog was attacking my dog and I got between them, wound up with a big smily face shaped bruise on my thigh. Meanest border collie I ever saw.

As a vet, I have had my fair share of bites and scratches. Mostly cat scratches, only 1-2 cat bites, 1-2 dog bites. Definitely a lot of close calls though

I've been chased by a wild turkey (broody and I got too close to her nest), flogged by a swan and a rooster (many years apart), and bitten by a horse, a dog, a few cats (at the shelter where I volunteer, maybe 3 cats have bitten me in the thousands I've handled during the past 20+ years of volunteering). The one that honestly scared me the most was the swan; those things are the devil's spawn.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter