Have you ever attended a Convention

Not for myself but I went with honey to Vegas one year for the big tech convention (he owns his own consulting company).

I went to the Alamo City Comic Con in San Antonio in 2015. I was working, so I didn't get to fully appreciate it. I always had to be back at my spot every 90 minutes. I did by my first Funco Pop! figure. It was a Mickey Mouse. It took me forever to find, and I lost track of how many vendors sold Pops, but did not have any Mickeys.

About 10 years ago I went to Cool Bobby B's Doo Wop convention in Vegas. Great time with many oldies but goodies singing their hits. It's shocking how many of the performers at this show are no longer with us.

I have been to about 50 pro boxing conventions all over the USA and a few foreign countries. This has been over a period of 35 years. Croatia was an interesting place where one was held. Many times to Vegas and New Orleans.

I've attended several, as my most recent jobs have been for non-profits who hold their own conventions. I used to work for a nationally known mentoring organization, and attended/worked their conventions in Denver and St. Louis. I currently work for a medical association now and have attended/worked various medical-related conventions in Miami, Boston, Washington, D.C., and San Diego. I have to say that I prefer simply attending over working them, but that's rare.

I went to the E3 video game expo a couple years in a row. That was fun, but I didn't want to go again. I don't really like the general convention scene. I have been to a local comic book convention or two, but only because a friend of mine helps organize them and he asked me to come by. I didn't buy a ticket or anything. Honestly, they're not my kind of thing, even though I love comic books.

ETA: Oh, I suppose my company had had conventions that I have been to as well. I used to go all the time, but for the role I have been in for the past several years it has not been necessary. Sometimes they were fun though.

Just work-related ones - many different locations, though, like NYC, Orlando and San Antonio. Most recent one was in Nashville - that was pretty cool.

MCM ComicCon in London, went twice, the second time I dressed up :D

It was good but definitely done now, it's just lots of shopping and a couple of panels.

I have been to Gen Con the last two years and already have my badge for this year. It's the biggest gaming convention in the U.S. and a ton of fun. I just go to have a good time with fellow geeks.

Yes, the National Square Dance Convention in Detroit, Orlando and I think there was one in Minnesota we went to as well, back in the '90's.

Numerous nursing conventions in our state capital

Didn't even think of this until now since both times it was local, but we've been to the NRA Convention a couple times. All we ever did was wander through the vendor booths though.

Techwave (sponsored by Sybase.) It was at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando in August 2004.

I arrived in Orlando about 4 hours before Hurricane Charley did!

I used to work for CES back when the show was held twice a year, January in Vegas and June in Chicago. Was a fun show to work. Got to see all the new technology coming out.

Went to a number of publishers conventions when I was working, but the ones that were the most fun were the AARP conventions. I went to one in Las Vegas, one in Orlando and one in Atlanta. They were a lot of fun. The entertainment was top notch, the exhibits were very useful and in fact one of them gave me the information I needed to make the step and retire. I have met celebrities, seen sights and just plain had a great time. I even have this one picture with Shirley from Laverne and Shirley, Cindy Williams (see picture below), met "Evel" Knievel and Dave Barry at the same one. Sadly, they don't do them anymore because I would go to them every year now that I am retired.

oc29^020.jpg

Several times to International Council of Air Shows. Always in Vegas, which isn't my idea of a great/fun place. I'm required to go.

Many:
Speech Patholgy...Asheville, NC at Grove Park Inn (stunning)
Office Products ..NY, Las Vegas, Florida, San Diego

I've gone to I-Con (Island Convention) for over 10 years before I stopped going. I-Con is a sci-fi/fantasy convention here on Long Island, NY. DH and I had met a lot of celebs over the years. And yes, I have gone dressed in "garb" at least once or twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter