Have the room cleaning policies changed?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
Do you know if the cleaning policies have changed for a stay in a DVC villa?
Thinking in extra sanitization or similar for a 5 night stay
Thanks

Good question, I would say most definitely the process has changed but I have not heard of a policy change.

You don't get extra cleaning. They do extra between guests.
Best practices for hotels is that hotel staff enters your room as little as possible. We had to travel in early June and the hotel we stayed in (in Massachusetts) did not enter our room while we were there or for 72 hours after we left! The second obviously isn't possible with high occupancy like at Disney. If you needed fresh towels, you got them from the desk.

I thought after Las Vegas they all moved to daily check-in. In DVC's instance that equated to daily trash which I believe is still the case. But maybe I misread or made some assumptions on the reason for daily trash.

I thought after Las Vegas they all moved to daily check-in. In DVC's instance that equated to daily trash which I believe is still the case. But maybe I misread or made some assumptions on the reason for daily trash.
That is the case but with the new policies it may have changed to limit those in room.

But as far as extra cleaning that is only between guests. They figure any germs you bring to your room are yours.

Only Disney does that. Loews at Universal stopped entering the room while guests are in it. You have to text to get extras, and they leave them wrapped in plastic in front of your door. If they have to do maintenance, you have to have been out of the room for a certain amount of time and can't be in the room while it's performed. The Hampton Inns we have stayed it do the same thing. I actually preferred this. We wiped down our rooms at UO & WDW when we arrived. It felt a little pointless at WDW with them coming in everyday touching who knows.

I had not even thought of pillows. I appreciate that they are taking the extra effort to:
Double-cased pillows

I will be figuring out how to stuff mine in my suitcase.

Somewhat off topic but one thing that I didn't care for but did accept when I did owned DVC, was the difference in house keeping verses the regular hotel rooms. I really like a daily housekeeping. Right now with the regular rooms they are doing it every other day, due to the virus and I understand that. But I have a feeling that after all this is over, said and done, they may keep the regular hotel rooms down to every other day service. But I doubt DVC service will change up.

They are no longer charging to deliver extra towels (just hand them to you). If you want an actual "trash and towel" service, they do charge.
Is that something your owner can request ahead of time in your reservation or do you call housekeeping at the beginning of your stay?

To get extra towels you call when you get there when you want them. They just deliver new but don’t take away the old ones....at least not the time I asked for some.

Is that something your owner can request ahead of time in your reservation or do you call housekeeping at the beginning of your stay?

Call housekeeping.

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter