Have other guests ever gotten mad at you, for something you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, generally, most of us with Asperger's syndrome correct our behavior once it is logically explained to us why it is an issue.

Yup. Confirmed.

However, maybe he's never been told that his behaviour is wrong? If he wasn't being so belligerent with his self-defence I'd suspect he was in the same boat as some of us...

As an in-joke between a person and a travel partner, I hear people whisper/say 'The Twilight Zone' a LOT on ToT. As a random person saying it to anyone else not with you on the ride, it's just plain weird.

This dude may have some preconceived notions about what's okay and what's not, but contrary to one of his other statements, if it's 500 to 1 that it's not, you need to suck it up and change. I say this as a kid on the autism spectrum with social anxiety...:teacher:

Just thought of one and I'm sure it annoyed a LOT of people. My son was having a good ole' time last trip (he was two so not REALLY talking yet) and we were at DHS waiting for Osboune lights. He woke up from a nap SCREAMING CRYING. We tried food, blankets, diaper change -- NOTHING would calm him down. We tried walking around NOTHING. We decided to leave (wasn't going to put the entire park through this) and he was still screaming. We were staying at the WL so we had quite a hike back to the room. We let two buses go by because of how bad he was screaming but finally by the third bus we had to get on. We must have apologized to everyone on that bus. I felt so bad. Luckily it was an odd time - -most people who were at the park were probably staying for the lights) so it wasn't TOO crowded) Thinking back, we could have gotten a cab but didn't think of it at the time. We just wanted to get him home. FYI he finally calmed down and cried himself to sleep in his room. Next day, he was FINE. He never had a fever or anything and thank God no incident since that time. What we now think happened, was the tube in his ear might have fallen out or his ears were popping from the plane the day before. I know we will never know but I am sure it annoyed plenty of people. Poor lil guy!

I just have to say, yesterday when I was DD off at Art class DS 2 1/2 started screaming his head off crying saying his ear hurt. I called our pedi and took him straight in. It was after hours so we got on call Dr. She looked in his ears twice and said no infection. I said are his tubes still in? She said what tubes I didn't see any. I wonder if his had come out and that's what hurt. Shrugs I don't know what deal was. Maybe he just wanted a sticker and lollipop lol

LoKiHB said:
That being said, I've always enjoyed the squinted eyes and the passive aggressive mumbling about how "they must be special!" when I'm walking through the Fastpass queue at Splash Mountain as people decided to try to do the 90 minute wait in an 85 degree May day...

I love those looks......then I hurry a bit more through the queue just because I can.

Yup. Confirmed.

However, maybe he's never been told that his behaviour is wrong? If he wasn't being so belligerent with his self-defence I'd suspect he was in the same boat as some of us...

As an in-joke between a person and a travel partner, I hear people whisper/say 'The Twilight Zone' a LOT on ToT. As a random person saying it to anyone else not with you on the ride, it's just plain weird.

This dude may have some preconceived notions about what's okay and what's not, but contrary to one of his other statements, if it's 500 to 1 that it's not, you need to suck it up and change. I say this as a kid on the autism spectrum with social anxiety...:teacher:
He's not being belligerent. He's just expanding his description/explanation of his activities.

It seems a lot of people are reading this as he leans over and whispers right into the guest's ear. Soun more like a stage "whisper" to me. If the whisperee's companions can hear (they must, if they laugh) he's clearly not close enough to be invading anyone's personal space.

The ratio is inaccurate. It's not 500 to one. It's not any number to one. Not everyone in this thread feels his acting isn't okay.

Oh I finally thought of something sorta like this after reading all day!
Okay so its Halloween Day at the Magic Kingdom. It's last year so its the first year Jack and Sally are in the parks. My friend and I enter MK and she goes straight for the restroom while I get in line. The queue stops at the ramp and then begins on the actual sidewalk so it doesn't block the exit of the M&G. Well I wait there and then a lady and her granddaughter idk join me in line and then more ppl come along. FINALLY my friend decides to show up so its my turn to go use the restroom. She comes over and we argue a little over why it took her so long and then I leave.
By the time I come back, the line is much longer, and my friend is almost 20 parties back! I come over and I'm like "uhhh what happened??" She told me that the lady in the wheel chair told the Character attendant that my friend passed because she hadn't seen her in line and blah blah blah.
I was more angry at my friend than the lady. My friend basically stood there and moved instead of telling this lady that we were in line. I thought of talking to the lady in spanish since that was her first language and telling her that I was in front of her but my friend stopped me. I kept looking over at them and her granddaughter made eye contact with me SO many times, and she knew I was in front because we had had a conversation, and nothing.
I got so mad I told my friend to forget it and we'd better do something else or else it'd ruin my day.
We had the best party that we'd ever been to! Halloween at MK is so much funny
Anyway, it doesn't really count since I wasn't there but I just got so mad that day it reminded me of this

I can't think of a time that I've been to WDW when I didn't piss someone off or someone pisses me off... I've just accepted it as part of the magic. :)

I do have to admit that I'll be very tempted to try out the "Twilight Zone" whisper in the ToT pre show area now... All in the name of creating some magic of course.

We had a lady yell at as once as we were walking in to Fantasmic once. We were walking with the flow of traffic (in a straight organized line) when some lady came from the side and actually picked up our stroller and pushed it out of the way and said "Hey I'm walking here". Clearly when you have to push our stroller out of the way you aren't walking there. I was so mad.

I will admit I have been known to say the odd comment on the bus. What makes me mad is when people step on the bus first with their jumbo strollers and sit down in the front seat! It makes it so easy for other people with their kids and strollers to move around them. I don't understand how it is so difficult to grasp the concept of MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE BUS!!! We always move as far back as possible so everyone can get on the bus without stepping over strollers. Everyone is tried after a day at the park but are you so lazy that you cannot walk a few extra steps. Drives me crazy!

Nice to see that the hen party is still in full swing on the DIS. :rolleyes2

tumblr_m03v2apaac1qfu47lo1_500.gif

One time my family was having lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. My pager thingy started to buzz and light up, so I walked over to the counter to hand it to the server waiting for them. She was holding out her hands looking for someone to give her their pager so she could dole out all the food she had waiting. Well, started toward her, and she reached out and took mine from me. All of a sudden, this guy behind me started freaking out. Ripped the pager out of her hand and gave it back to me, stating that he had been there before me. He was yelling very loudly at me, causing a scene. Normally, I have a quick fuse, but with my 2 year old standing right next to me, I was able to keep it calm and just told him that he needs to calm himself down. I had to tell him that quite a few times, and he took his food in a huff and left.

If he was so anxious to get his food, then why did he not give his pager to the counter girl when she was standing there practically begging for someone to hand there blinking pager over. I wouldn't have jumped in front of someone if I knew they were ahead of me, but as it stood, everyone was standing back away from the counter, mine was blinking, so I walked up to it.

I have witnessed people getting ticked off during parades, but no one has gotten mad at me yet. I've really enjoyed reading all these stories because I'm the type of person who would feel just awful if I made a stranger mad for some reason. But I've learned from reading all these posts that some people are just crazy and there's nothing you can do about it. :D

On our recent trip, a woman got really mad at my DH. We were walking through the inside seating area of the newly renovated Casey’s, heading toward the gift shops. DD6 was in the lead, followed by DH and then me. It was really crowded around the area because people were waiting for the parade and we were trying to get out of the park. The newly renovated Casey’s now has tables and chairs in that inside area instead of the bleachers so there is now only a very narrow walkway between tables.

There was a woman with a baby stroller with a baby that she had parked against the wall. DD6 walks by her and just as DH is about to walk by, the woman pulls the stroller out into the walkway to feed the baby, almost completely blocking the walkway. DH, wanting to keep up with DD, slipped through the small opening sideways all while the woman says, “Seriously? Seriously?!? You can’t just wait?” to which DH just replied, “You can’t wait?” I slipped through next and as I am walking away, I turn back and look and she still has the isle blocked and starts feeding the baby so I’m not sure how long she expected us to stand there and wait.:confused3

Has anyone reading these stories realized that they were the other person? LOL. One story sounded like something that happened I me but the time of year was wrong.

You are right. I would have been none too pleased. The people behind you deserved to see too.

But it does sort of depend on how it unfolded. If nobody was behind you when he put her on your shoulders, then people stood behind you, then too bad for them. If there were already people behind you, then I don't agree with it. Basically you just decided it was more important for her to see than those behind you.

I agree if no one was behind you before she went up on your already super tall husband's shoulders then that's fine and the other persons problem. If there were people then you did have the other option of just holding her so she would be the same height as your husband. If someone is already behind the 6'4 guy then they won't mind the extra head at 6'4.

This reminds me of a time my family and I were in Epcot. Like in your story it wasn't crowded at all and we were in World Showcase heading towards Future World, we were in the area that is very wide and there was literally noone around us. Our kids weren't that young and I would say that as a group we walk faster than most. An older couple came up behind us on ECVs and started honking their little *meep meep* horns at us. We weren't even in the middle of the walkway and there was a ton of room to go around, but they stayed behind us and continued to honk until we stepped completely to the side, stopped, and let them by. They then flew by us giving us dirty looks. My wife and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing, followed by our boys laughing as well, it was just so ridiculous that it was comical. We got quite a few chuckles out of that occurence during that trip.

I get this, along with the "accidental" bumps to the back of the legs from strollers, during the mass exodus from the parks post-Wishes or Illuminations. I know I'm a tall guy, but I'm not so immense that you can't see the shambling horde of people in front of and around us making it impossible for anyone to go any faster. But keep beepin' that horn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter