Haunted Mansion reopening May 1st?

I have been hearing May 1 as a tentative park reopening date, but always subject to change.

LAUSD, SD School District, and dozens of small local Los Angeles and OC based school districts have all extended closures to around or near May 1.
Wouldn't be shocked if Disney is tentatively following that guideline

We live in such a surreal world right now... I am so interested to see how all the closures/refurbs/new attraction timeline, etc. plays out!
I also want to know what it will do for attendance. Will everyone rush back? Or will it start slow and pick up? Or stay slow the rest of the year because people are cautious.

also want to know how the recent price increase will impact things? With jobs limbo and potential recession I wonder if people will be willing to pay those prices?

Regardless, I think it’s promising to see a refurbishment end date in the midst of this!

I’m very concerned about Avengers Campus- I hope of that will be delayed they’ll announce it soon. We’re such nerds for that sort of thing we’d reschedule to come when it’s open...

Regardless, I think it’s promising to see a refurbishment end date in the midst of this!

I’m very concerned about Avengers Campus- I hope of that will be delayed they’ll announce it soon. We’re such nerds for that sort of thing we’d reschedule to come when it’s open...
How can it not be delayed? All of CA is shelter in place and construction on DLR is not essential, so even if Disney wanted to work on it right now they cannot.

How can it not be delayed? All of CA is shelter in place and construction on DLR is not essential, so even if Disney wanted to work on it right now they cannot.
Actually, construction is considered essential, even on theme parks, as it is considered part of the infrastructure that will help the economy recover when this is all said and done. Pretty much ALL construction in Southern California is continuing on as close to normal as possible.

That being said, there could be some delays because everyone on the site having to remain six feet apart may slow the construction process down.

I also want to know what it will do for attendance. Will everyone rush back? Or will it start slow and pick up? Or stay slow the rest of the year because people are cautious.

also want to know how the recent price increase will impact things? With jobs limbo and potential recession I wonder if people will be willing to pay those prices?

We keep talking about this as well.... I think you will see a lot of locals who have current APs come in droves. 🙋‍♀️ I think the hotels may be slow depending on how many people can afford to take a flying or driving vacation when this is all over.... if the economics are devastating, I think you will see lots of hotel availability. I think you may see a drop in people who renew or become new AP holders. I also think they’ll do a ticket deal for Southern California residents to get people in. It’s all going to depend on how quickly they get people back to work. It’ll be interesting, that’s for sure.

Wasn't even thinking about the HM anymore now that the entire DLR is shut down. I Thought these extreme measures being taken due to the Coronavirus would push back its reopening date even further. The HM and Pirates are both tied for my favorite rides in the park. I'll be sooooo happy if the HM is open when the resort reopen as well

Actually, construction is considered essential, even on theme parks, as it is considered part of the infrastructure that will help the economy recover when this is all said and done. Pretty much ALL construction in Southern California is continuing on as close to normal as possible.

However, last week Disney announced all construction was being stopped.

That being said, there could be some delays because everyone on the site having to remain six feet apart may slow the construction process down.
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/03/...halt-construction-during-coronavirus-closure/
I saw this article the other day. Maybe they were far enough along with HM construction that it can still open may 1?

I'm calling my shot. Disney will re open Memorial day weekend. Hope things are better before then but that's my guess.

Reactions: EmJ
Would love for DL and HM to be open on May 1st since we still have our trip booked from May 3rd to the 8th. I’m not counting on it but still holding out a little sliver of hope. Really wanted my kiddos to experience their first time at Disney this year.

I'm calling my shot. Disney will re open Memorial day weekend. Hope things are better before then but that's my guess.

I'd say no earlier than that, even if things are better earlier pandemic-wise. I don't think Disney's going to rush into opening. I predict they'll stay closed in a 'watch and see' for a bit to see if there's a new 'surge' in cases. They aren't going to want to call 'all hands on deck' only to have to shut down 2-3 weeks later.

I think the same but also: How does that affect the SoCal Resident Ticketholders? Those tickets were set to expired May 18th. They are saying (at the moment) that they will extend passes and these tickets as many days as the park is closed. IF it reopens Memorial Day, that would extend these tickets through what...Mid August? Roughly?
And that creates a whole host of issues, BUT if they didn't extend it, people would be BIG. MAD.
And I get. I'm a local SoCal resident. I know a lot of people who purchased these tickets and had plans to go for Spring Break or the Food and Wine Festival and didn't use even ONE of their days yet! So far, they're refusing to issue refunds. And in all honesty, I would not want a refund, I would want to use my ticket, and I imagine many others would also feel that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!