Haunted Mansion (MK) What kind of ride is it?

devotedchristian

DIS Veteran
Is it a rollercoaster type ride? Kind of like the "Freefall" ride at Six Flags?

Thanks, I can't really tell from the description on WDWinfo.

It is nothing like free fall or any roller coaster. The vehicles (doom buggies) move slowly through the mansion as the guests explore the various floors.

No it is not at all like a rollercoaster. The HM is a slow moving ride that travels through a haunted house. It is fairly dark(literally), with lots of fake ghosts. You can probably find a video of it on youtube, so you can see for yourself.

It does start out in a different room that gets completely dark for a few seconds, so it can be scary for small children.

It's low on thrills... high on chills.

Seriously, moves at the speed of walking.

I think the words are "Grim, Grinning Ghosts, Come out to Socialize" as the song goes. So it's fun, but also scary. I'm not ready to take our DGC, 4, 5, and 6 on it yet.

Bobbi:goodvibes

If you've ever been on Spaceship Earth, it is like that sort of ride vehicle. It is continuously moving and it is slow with no falling or anything of that sorts.

Is it a rollercoaster type ride? Kind of like the "Freefall" ride at Six Flags?

Thanks, I can't really tell from the description on WDWinfo.
could you be confusing Tower of Terror with Haunted Mansion?

Tower of Terror is a thrill ride, similar to a free fall in that you're up high and you "drop" but that's about where the similarities end. (you don't really free fall, and you're not outside exposed)

The ride most like Six Flags' Freefall is the Tower of Terror. However, ToT is much superior in my book - you get the cool preshow, and you get the multiple, random falls in the dark, instead of one single predictable drop.

It's actually a relaxing and cool ride. I don't think it's scary, but my DD's (21, 17, 10)think it is.

could you be confusing Tower of Terror with Haunted Mansion?

Good call, buffettgirl, I bet that's just what happened!

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is one of the best rides ever, WAY better than the freefall, demon drop, any of those. Totally different league.

Haunted Mansion is not like a rollercoaster thing. It moves slowly to see different floors, it's dark and lots of fake ghost that kids might scared.

Have a nice day. :)

I cried into my father's shoulder until I was 10 or 12. Now I just jump and kinda look away at things I don't like. Still a sissy at 20. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter