Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

You get the stuff just like everyone else: show up to the park and buy it in person.

If an item is released and intended only for people at certain events, or who are in the park at certain times... but someone decides they don’t want to attend the event, or be in the park at that certain time, but still wants the item… that creates the market.

If anyone, local or out-of-state, wants a limited edition item that is only released at a certain event or at a certain time, then that person needs to make arrangements to be there when it is available. And if they aren’t there, then they don’t get it no matter how bad they want it. That’s the whole point.

It’s fun to have special items that commemorate an event or a special time... but the people who are willing to pay money to get these items, even though they weren’t there or part of the event is what creates the market, which incentivizes lowlifes to buy up a bunch of the items, and then turn around and resell them. Which means some people who are legitimately there, might miss out.

Disney is not perfect (see Galaxy’s Edge merchandise stock) but blaming them for creating limited edition items is silly because the alternative is having everything available everywhere to everyone… which would basically be the end of specialized merchandise.

So how do you get it as an out-of-state fan? You don’t. Unless you show up. Just like everyone else.

While I am *not* for all-out gouging on merchandise, I have bought a few items at slightly above their retail price because I really wanted them and wouldn't be near the parks in time to acquire them myself and I don't feel one bit bad about it.

I feel like Disney's best bet for discouraging resale on the hottest items is to limit (more than they already do) the merch per person.

They are on the back of the box for Madame Leota.

Costance, the opera singer and the mummy.
Ah, okay. I didn't buy a Pop but I have a few friends that collect. If it's on the box, then I don't need to give them a heads up. Thank you!

I wanted the 3 pack of funkos for Splash mountain.

There were stacks of them at the photo booth and at the gift shop way back in critter country. I bought it and moved on.

Disney decided to create a stampede with the popcorn buckets. They only sold them at 1 location each, and each of the 3 were different locations. The line around the fountain was fine, but the beignet line clogged the paths getting to and from the bathrooms.......

I want the dapper dans funko. It is a d23 exclusive.......

Ah, okay. I didn't buy a Pop but I have a few friends that collect. If it's on the box, then I don't need to give them a heads up. Thank you!

In addition there’s also the Groundskeeper, the Harp Player, and a chrome variant three pack of Gus/Ezra/Phineas. The Groundskeeper is a Box Lunch exclusive, the Harp Player is a Hot Topic exclusive, and the chrome Hitchhiking Ghosts are a Target exclusive. The previously four mentioned (regular Madame Leota, Opera Singer, Mummy, and Constance) will be normal releases. The GITD variant of Madame Leota is the Disney Park Exclusive. There’s also a giant 10” Ezra that’s a Target exclusive as well.

In addition there’s also the Groundskeeper, the Harp Player, and a chrome variant three pack of Gus/Ezra/Phineas. The Groundskeeper is a Box Lunch exclusive, the Harp Player is a Hot Topic exclusive, and the chrome Hitchhiking Ghosts are a Target exclusive. The previously four mentioned (regular Madame Leota, Opera Singer, Mummy, and Constance) will be normal releases. The GITD variant of Madame Leota is the Disney Park Exclusive. There’s also a giant 10” Ezra that’s a Target exclusive as well.
Thank you! I'll let my friend know

Does anybody have pictures they plan to post? I'm curious how everyone looked and what great pictures of the park they may have gotten. I take terrible pictures but I'm willing to post some :)

So, a few of the "sold-out" items that people had issues RSPing - like the SHAG camp shirt and the SHAG Harveys bag and coin purse - magically found their way to the Disney Co-Op in Disney Springs. So...make of that what you will.

I am opinionless on the matter. ;)

Last edited:
Here are some of our pictures. I attended with 2 of my daughters. Here we are at the gates, waiting for the party. These nice people were also waiting and allowed me to take their pictures.20190808_231123_resized.jpg20190808_230856_resized.jpg20190808_230909_resized.jpg20190808_230953_resized.jpg20190808_231123_resized.jpg20190808_230856_resized.jpg20190808_230909_resized.jpg20190808_230953_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Rumor has is that club 33 is going to have some sort of Haunted Mansion tiki mug (s) release tomorrow. If someone with access is willing to help a tiki and Haunted Mansion super fan out, I would massively appreciate it.
The combination of Club 33 and Haunted Mansion and Tiki has made these mugs a hot item on eBay:
3 have sold and 5 more are active listings, all at 1000% (and higher) markup :eek:

The combination of Club 33 and Haunted Mansion and Tiki has made these mugs a hot item on eBay:
View attachment 425777
3 have sold and 5 more are active listings, all at 1000% (and higher) markup :eek:
Holy moly!! Would there be any way to trace those back to the member? What a horrible thing if a member gave someone a reservation and ended up losing his/her membership because of this!

We just got back yesterday and were surprised to see how much merch was still in stock before we left. I was expecting very little public items but was pleasantly surprised. I did buy a lot of Haunted Mansion merch, but only a pin and a t-shirt were specific to the event date. I did happen to get one of those pink "I was here on the day" tickets with one of my purchases on the 11th. I didn't even know those were a thing.

Holy moly!! Would there be any way to trace those back to the member? What a horrible thing if a member gave someone a reservation and ended up losing his/her membership because of this!
Oh, yes that’s right! I haven’t even thought about that... a pretty dangerous thing to do for sure!

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the Haunted Mansion spirit jars from outside the parks? Not so much as on eBay (those prices, yikes!) but personal shoppers or anything? We just left and I bought the Bride and now I'm kicking myself for not getting a second one. I'm sure there's not a way but couldn't hesitate to ask. haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!