• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has the minimum point purchase always been 160? (More questions....)

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Will it still be 160 pts. when the CRV is announced? (Let's just go ahead and assume it's a DVC property.) I don't know what the history has been. Also, you can add points through Disney at properties that are currently sold out (WL for example), correct? As long as you own points at a certain property, you can book at the 11 month mark, correct? What is the minimum add-on (thru Disney not a resale)? I guess that's all for now. Thanks for taking the time to answer my noob questions! :surfweb:

Will it still be 160 pts. when the CRV is announced? (Let's just go ahead and assume it's a DVC property.)
I would bet that they will increase the minimum.

Can add points through Disney at properties that are currently sold out (WL for example), correct?
Correct.

As long as you own points at a certain property, you can book at the 11 month mark, correct?
Correct.

What is the minimum add-on (thru Disney not a resale)?

I believe the minimum purchase was originally 220 pts. You can add on points at sold-out resorts through Disney or resale. If it's through Disney, they'll require that they be the same use-year as your original contract You may have to wait for them to become available. I think the minimim is 25 points.

The original minimum was 230 points. It was then in the 170 to 190 range, before dropping to 150, and then raised to 160.

The original minimum was 230 points. It was then in the 170 to 190 range, before dropping to 150, and then raised to 160.

Interesting. Very curious to see what they're gonna do with CRV. There's just no precedent really (high-rise, MK view, monorail). Things could get a little crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter