Has does rider swap work with a large group?

Rider swap passes are typically good for 4 (the person waiting with the child and 3 additional guests)

We have seven and one toddler?

One of the adults in the group waits with the child while the others ride.

Then later, that first adult can ride with up to two other adults.

Last edited:

Nope, if the rider died, no swaps allowed!!!

If the person waiting has a valid FP and you go back while it is still active, you could get 4 people on, one with the active FP and three with the RS FP.

If the person waiting has a valid FP and you go back while it is still active, you could get 4 people on, one with the active FP and three with the RS FP.

Yup.

THanks for clearing that up for me lol. So do we get the rider swap ticket when we enter the line? Will the rest of our group just wait at the exit?

So do we get the rider swap ticket when we enter the line? Will the rest of our group just wait at the exit?

Yes, at the entrance to the attraction line.
The child must be present.

The rest of the group does not have to wait anyplace in particular.
Because...

The Rider Switch pass can be used at a much later time, (even on a later day) if that's preferred.
At the time of use, any 3 members can use the Rider Switch pass to ride (or re-ride) the attraction.

That wasn't the scenario though. The rider pass itself is good for three people, not four. The OP didn't even mention FP! I give up!

It would be better if you quoted the post in question so folks will know whom you are addressing. Robo never mentioned "four" for a rider swap ticket but an earlier poster did (incorrectly).

It would be better if you quoted the post in question so folks will know whom you are addressing. Robo never mentioned "four" for a rider swap ticket but an earlier poster did (incorrectly).

Oh, I must have... at some point.

BTW, the WDW website says, "two."
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one other Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

Actually Robo did state "four" - twice in fact - but then robo went back and edited those posts to change what was said rather than just admitting his error.

Actually Robo did state "four" - twice in fact - but then robo went back and edited those posts to change what was said rather than just admitting his error.

:worship:

Ah, very sneaky; another reason to use the quote option. I thought maybe there had been some editing going on but I had a tough time finding the "last edited" time stamps. I see that they are in the bottom right-hand corner of posts that have been edited.

:worship:

Ah, very sneaky; another reason to use the quote option. I thought maybe there had been some editing going on but I had a tough time finding the "last edited" time stamps. I see that they are in the bottom right-hand corner of posts that have been edited.
I didn't mean to imply anything underhanded so my apologies to Robo if it came across that way. I do find the edits can be confusing though so personally try to just use them for my many typos! Anyway, hopefully the OPs question has been answered!

Is there a kiosk where we get them or from a CM? How does it work along with a FP?

You get it from the CM at the attraction when the first party rides, the rider who isn't tall enough to ride must be present. Then the CM will either give you the paper Rider Swap Pass or they give a lanyard to the first rider(s). The lanyard is then traded for the RSP at boarding or just prior.

edited for many typos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter