Has anyone stayed at the Grosvenor at DTD?

opus_00

Mouseketeer
If so, I would REALLY appreciate some feedback. We are staying there the 2nd week in March because DH is attending a conference at that hotel. I was just reading some really awful, horrible reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor.com (dirty rooms, lousy service, etc.).

Is it really that bad? It wouldn't make sense financially for us to stay somewhere else since we are getting a special conference rate which is completely paid for by his business. But if it's no better than a roach motel we might consider going somewhere else. We are paying an extra $5 a night to stay in the Tower room so that we can see the fireworks at night. A few of the newer reviews on tripadvisor were more positive, so I wonder if they have made improvements?

Thanks for any feedback.

Paula

Very slow service, musty rooms and old. If room is free I wouldn't complain. Watch this hotel for lots of add-on fees! Bus transportation is great!:crazy2: :rolleyes:

Hi, we stayed here back in 96 and probably will never stay here again. The hotel staff was on strike and the room just felt "off". The tower room may be better. Mara

we stayed on our honeymoon - it was good for couples or for older (real older) kids - because it's w/in walking distance of the village - the restaurant was good for us - pub/sports bar like food was good (we ate most other types of food in epcot) - the pools were quiet - but any room at wdw is great

Hi, My husband and I just stayed there Feb 6 and 7. Thank god it was only for 2 nights. It was horrible. The room was old and musty and the tub was all chipped. The faucet in shower was coming apart. The beds were so uncomfortable I couldn't wait to go home. The hallway to get to our room was dirty and we were on the 3rd floor and instead of waiting for the elevator which didn't seem too safe we took the stairs and the stairwell smelled so awful!!! I would never stay there again! I can't believe they can even claim they are an official WDW hotel. If you have a choice I would definitely find another place to stay. I left a note on the comment card in our room but I am sure those cards just thrown away.

I hope this helps.

I would agree on the "thumbs down" reviews.
Stayed there 2 nights a few years ago for business. The walk to DTD wasn't too bad, that's the nicest thing I can say......

I booked a room there ,then called back with a question and they were total nasties on the phone so I cancelled.
I figured if they were that snotty on the phone, we would duke it out at checkout, so i'd better find a happier place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!