Has anyone seen the new BCV recently

Patpat15

DVCer
How far along are they with the BCV construction. I was thinking about trying to make a ressie on March 6th for August (I realize this will be difficult). I'd like to know what phase they are in and if the entire hotel will be ready on their projected opening day of August 24th.

The BCV consists of one building and all work will be complete at opening. They are currently completing exterior work and are hard at work on the interior finishing work. There are no phases for this project.

I'm very confident that BCV will be opened on time! :)

Enjoy!

Misti, the Resorts Board moderator, posted this update the other day.

They look almost done at this point! In fact, at night the lights are on and you can see men working on the interiors. Some rooms appear to have furniture already. I'm going to take lots of pictures.

We can all keep an eye out for her pictures!

She also reported that she thought, by looking at the outside, that sections of BWV were unavailable due to the rehab work. Anyone have info on this?

Just returned from BWV on Friday. There are several units near the "quiet pool" unavailable due to the rehab work currently taking place.

We just got back on Saturday 2/16/02, Had a 2 bdrm on the boardwalk, 5th floor all the way at the end, rm 5007 & 5009. Great view and watched epcot fireworks everynight from room.

There is a whole section along the boardwalk covered over with scafolding. These rooms are not being used. They also have scafolding as previously stated by the quiet pool area. Othersections of the building were closed on and off for refurb. Painting of stairwell from main lobby to boardwalk courtyard etc.

We went past BCV many times on the bus during our stay. They changed the route for bus transport after we got there. They now drop off at Swan/dolphin, then Yacht, beach club under the canal to epcot to BWV. They have started work on the grounds, Outside looks nearly finished and some rooms which had lights on at night have furniture, pictures on wall etc. We saw workers allround the place at different times of the day. Even at night.

This was our first trip and we had a great time.

kennyK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter