Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

We want Minnie and Friends but I booked a Storytellers as a backup so we have at least one Character meal. Just hitting refresh for Carthay now. And would love if Olga's popped up -- I must have missed it's quick availability for Aug. 22-24

Got Storytellers for Aug 17 at 10:45 but looks like during the week its a regular breakfast and not a buffet. Looking at it I am not sure if its worth the price. Looking at the dinner menu does not look great either. Might skip it this trip. Waiting for Minnie's now and might jump to that but would have to consider changing my parks up for that.
I have storytellers on 8/18 (Wednesday) and my reservation says “Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast” Is that not a character meal? I’m confused now!

I have storytellers on 8/18 (Wednesday) and my reservation says “Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast” Is that not a character meal? I’m confused now!

Yeah mines says the same thing. And as someone stated it does say menu until July 21st but the brunch menu says Fri/Sat/Sun so I am confused also.

Yay got storytellers! Now just need Carthay!
I just need Carthay plus a few more days at DLR to eat everywhere I want to eat.
ETA: I keep second guessing myself on Carthay anyhow. I think I'd enjoy either the Restaurant or their Al Fresco dining. And I'd probably get my money's worth of enjoyment out of all the meals, as long as I don't order steak :) -- but I just looked at what DD left on her plate tonight, and if she left that much behind, oh my! I know there's a good chance Carthay is much tastier than tonight's dinner was, but still!
Anyhow, I do wish they'd hurry up and load it!

Last edited:
I'm also waiting & highly desirous of a ressie for Carthay. Online, the calendar for Carthay itself only goes out to 8/31.

Something is up with Carthay. Earlier it was titled “Carthay Circle Restaurant - Opens July 22” but now it’s “Carthay Circle Restaurant - Temporarily Unavailable.” I wonder if their plans changed?

Something is up with Carthay. Earlier it was titled “Carthay Circle Restaurant - Opens July 22” but now it’s “Carthay Circle Restaurant - Temporarily Unavailable.” I wonder if their plans changed?

I saw that as well and wondered the same thing. It is getting rather late in the day to drop reservations. ☹️

This is sort of a stupid question, but are most folks reserving dining via the app? For example, if you go to the middle plus sign, select 'Check Dining Availability', then search by guest count, date, then meal times (ie. breakfast/lunch/dinner)? Or are you doing something else?

I have tried both on the app and on the website. I have had the best luck with putting in the "time" I want as opposed to breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Also I go to the restaurant button/tab and check from there.

Funny enough the only reservation I literally cannot get is UVA bar for 5 on a Thursday evening! I have Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, Oga's, Lamplight, Cafe Orleans, Naples! But no Uva bar for me ....lol! Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter