Has anyone flown Air Tran?

We have flown air tran round trip 3 x now. Each time everything has gone well. We have never had our flight time changed by more than 15 min, but I've only ever taken direct flights from BWI to MCO with them. I like being able to pre-select my seat (unlike SW). We've gotten great prices each time $49 twice and $59 once. They are very accomodating. Once I booked my tickets and then they opened up more cheap seats on a later flight. Well I called customer service and 'asked' them if it was possible to change to the later flight. The agent said "well, since you asked and didn't demand, I will be glad to change you to the later flight without any add'l change fees." So I got my later flight like I wanted and at no extra charge. Everytime, going to MCO, we have arrived early. Once we were 30+ min early. Coming home, we have been slightly early, on time, and once we were late, but that was because of snow where the flight was coming from. That's something they can't help. They did mess up one of our pieces of luggage on our last trip. But they had it fixed and the company who fixed it did a SUPER job!! I'd fly w/ them anytime. Good Luck w/ your plans.

I will be the dissenting voice here. If I got free tickets on Air Tran I wouldn't fly them.

We took them 2 years ago to Tampa. The flight down was fine. No problems whatsoever. We were very happy.

The flight home.... There was bad weather in Atlanta so we were late arriving (I can understand that). They kept telling us we would make our connection to Newark (otherwise we would have stayed in Tampa and left the next morning). We missed the connection (again, no problem) - it was now 8:00 pm on Saturday night. We asked when the next flight we could get was - Tuesday evening!!!! We asked if we could get into LaGuardia, Philadelphia, JFK. The answer was no. We had to spend the night in Atlanta and the closest they could get us to Newark the next day was Baltimore. We had to rent a car and drive home from there. An additional $200 in expenses - which they refused to offer us any compensation.

I think it is ridiculous that an airline cannot get you to your final destination for 3 days!

We had similar problems on Delta this past July - we needed to spend the night in Atlanta but they managed to get us to Orlando the next morning. I have no problem with that.

If you fly Air Tran - good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter