Has anyone ever asked for and gotten a free upgrade at check in at the Poly?

Marilynbn

I LOVE DISNEY! DIS member since 1999
I was just wondering if anyone had ever asked for a free upgrade upon check-in from a garden view room to a lagoon view room at the Polynesian. I really would like to stay in either Hawaii or Tahiti but I don't know if it is worth $500 more. Thanks for any advice.... Marilyn

Not me. I've been there 6 times in the last 3 years booking a garden view. Never been offered an upgrade and would never ask.

never asked. I am too afraid of rejection. ;) We are usually so giddy about being there it never crosses my mind the possibility of upgrades...

Rozzie said:
never asked. I am too afraid of rejection. ;) We are usually so giddy about being there it never crosses my mind the possibility of upgrades...

Me either. I book and pay for what I want. I think I would get really upset if they tried to upgrade me because I put a lot of thought into room requests and buildings. I'd be lost if I requested our favorite Samoa building and they upgraded me to Tahiti lagoon view!

It is very hard to get a comp upgrade to lagoon at the Polynesian due to the fact these rooms stay heavily booked. The lagoon view at the Polynesian, in my opinion, is the best view on property of the Magic Kingdom. Therefore they just don't have many rooms available to offer for free upgrade.

Sometimes a room will be offered due to a garden view room not being available for some reason, but free upgrades are rare.

We have stayed at the Poly many times, once 3 times in a year. We only book garden view and have never asked for and have never gotten an upgrade. I really would never ask for it myself, we dont spend alot of time in the room anyway. We did ask for a partial room credit when the ceiling tiles collapsed outside our bathroom one time and were refused, we really didnt have time to argue because we were transferring for our split stay at the beach club anyway.

There are alot more GV rooms than LV rooms. Free upgrades are rare, LV rooms get filled with guests willing to pay the extra. If you wait to check in there is a good chance you won't be able to upgrade even if you pay the difference.

During our 2002 trip, I requested a lagoon view room at check-in and they graciously upgraded us to Tahiti with a magnificient view of the castle. (We did offer to pay for the upgrade but were not charged.)

It was glorious to walk into the room and see the castle. I spent many hours out on the balcony enjoying the view - so much so that when we go again next year I am going to book it in advance as I don't want to take the chance of not getting a castle view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter