Has anyone done this before ?

my oldest turns 10 33 days before our disney trip and we considered leaving his age at 9 (we normally go in August so it wouldn't screw up time frames with Disney), not to reduce the price (because the cost increase in tickets and dining plan doesn't matter) but just so he could still choose to eat off the kids menu (as he's going to be pretty limited on the adult menus). BTW my 9yo and 7 yo get constantly confused as twins

But we solved the issue by just taking a deep breath and recognizing we have a bit more flexibility and if all else fails we just ask for a kids meal anyway!

If EVERY family did that it would cost WDW a lot of money. The bottom line is that is costs X amount of money to go to WDW. If you can't afford it then stay home and save more money. WDW is not a right.

It's easy to say when you have money that it's "not a right", however, if you ask me every kid deserves to experience it. So just because their parents aren't loaded, shouldn't mean they can't enjoy it like the other "lucky" kids. If I owned Disney - I'd make a few "free" days per year for reasons just like this. This Give a Day Get a Day is a really awesome thing, BUT it's not for kids under 6 - so it still stinks by my standards because a baby can't earn his ticket. Saving money for a long time is easier said then done. Something always comes up. Always. I still think $300 is a lot of money to some people. For some $300 is their spending money - for others with deep pockets - they sneeze at that amount.

Anyway- obviously I don't own Disney, and I personally have no problem with money at this time in my life, but please people give the girl a break. She also mentioned that she would NOT be going this year due to money restrictions so she made the right choice. However, I personally would not condemn her if she went and let her kid have a good time for "free" if you can call it that with the prices they charge for everything else in the parks.

So okay - she made the right choice! Woo hoo - let's close down this discussion before it gets REAL ugly! :goodvibes

It's easy to say when you have money that it's "not a right", however, if you ask me every kid deserves to experience it. So just because their parents aren't loaded, shouldn't mean they can't enjoy it like the other "lucky" kids. If I owned Disney - I'd make a few "free" days per year for reasons just like this. This Give a Day Get a Day is a really awesome thing, BUT it's not for kids under 6 - so it still stinks by my standards because a baby can't earn his ticket. Saving money for a long time is easier said then done. Something always comes up. Always. I still think $300 is a lot of money to some people. For some $300 is their spending money - for others with deep pockets - they sneeze at that amount.

I don't have deep pockets, but that doesn't mean I feel entitled to take what I cannot afford to pay for. A trip to Disney World is a luxury, not a right. And while it would be nice if every family could go at least once, that is not the way it works. And most adults understand that.

I was googling disney etc. One mom said she lied and said her child was 2 and she wasnt asked to produce a birth certficate. My ds turns 3 in August and we could probaly go again in Sept. if i said he was 2 . Id feel a lil guilty though....but i'd save aound $300 . Im pretty big so I could probaly say well look how big I am of course he's a little large look at his mama:lmao:

Wow I would'nt have done that. I would told ds to be quiet when mommy is talking to grown ups but than again I tend to have no conscience when it comes to big business and my saving a few bucks. Last week I went to the supermarket and I got home and noticed they gave me the lady in front of me grocery bag. I didnt take it back because I walked through the snow with my two kiddos all bundled up in a stroller.No way was I walking back to the store. I kept the groceries and charged it to the game. I was a lil giddy she had some nice stuff!:banana: Hopefully she went back to the supermarket and got the replacement ideas although it was her fault. She should've checked to make sure she had all her items. I got two packs of angus beef ball park franks , crystal lite to go , pack of steaks ,Lady Speed Stick deodorant and a bag of steak fries . Im not a bad person though I just think Disney and chain restaurants have more than enough money.

Character does'nt get you far in today's society sometimes you do what you got to do to get by and get over .I never stole from a store or a person but when I think of getting over at a place like Disney I would probaly try it once just to see if i could get away with it . Im not going to lie .

I can afford to go without lying but i'd rather lie and save my money and spend it on something else. Sure you all dont like it but it's done daily at DW im sure so im not going to beat myself up about it. I already said most likely I wont go back this year anyway so save the be a good person speech for someone has scruples:lmao:

Based on the posts - and the user name - I'm guessing 13 or 14 years old - at most.. No need to respond to the original question..

I also have to say I find it rather odd that the only poster to support the OP has the same join date as the OP, and very few posts too. Things that make you go hmmmmm.:surfweb:

This thread is hilarious! :lmao: I've finally gotten through the whole thing - it's like a train wreck!- and I couldn't resist responding.

I'm NOT saying it's the right or honest thing to do, BUT is Disney going to go bankrupt if one (it's not like they can do it every year - the kid's only 3 once!) of their customers who I'm sure will spend waaay more than $300 on merchandise and food gets to save a couple of bucks just this one year? Please say I have no morals - I really don't care. I don't have ANY kids - so I pay full price - but if I had a 3 year old - I would probably say the same thing. Disney is expensive as it is. As much as I LOVE it - I have to say it can get pretty expensive especially when you add a couple of kids to the mix. Last August we brought my 2 nephews (12 + 13) with us and spent over 8k (this was NOT in a Disney resort!!!)! When just the two of us go - we spend maybe 3k. Almost triple what we spend alone! My sister can't even think of it with her 4 kids. I feel terrible. They should really make it more affordable and then people wouldn't resort to lying!:mad:

I read someones post that said "it's like stealing someone's bag", but in all reality that would mean Disney charging us $45 for a stuffed animal that they paid $1.95 for in China is pretty much the same thing ( I work in imports trust me). And YES in this economy that $300 might mean a LOT more to her than we think.

So NO I do not think it's the end of the world. I say do your thing and save your $300 this year cuz next year you won't have a prayer in the world if your kid is that big already, LOL

:rotfl:
I am fascinated by the way some people are able to justify immoral and unethical behavior.

If EVERY family did that it would cost WDW a lot of money. The bottom line is that is costs X amount of money to go to WDW. If you can't afford it then stay home and save more money. WDW is not a right.

:thumbsup2

Anyway- obviously I don't own Disney, and I personally have no problem with money at this time in my life, but please people give the girl a break. She also mentioned that she would NOT be going this year due to money restrictions so she made the right choice. However, I personally would not condemn her if she went and let her kid have a good time for "free" if you can call it that with the prices they charge for everything else in the parks.

I guess it's unfortunate for those poor kids that you don't own Disney. However, since those of us who do own it don't feel that Disney trips are a right, I guess kids are just going to have to do without until (or unless) their parents can manage to afford it. If it's important enough to their parents, I suspect they can find a way to save enough eventually.

Wow I would'nt have done that. I would told ds to be quiet when mommy is talking to grown ups but than again I tend to have no conscience when it comes to big business and my saving a few bucks. Last week I went to the supermarket and I got home and noticed they gave me the lady in front of me grocery bag. I didnt take it back because I walked through the snow with my two kiddos all bundled up in a stroller.No way was I walking back to the store. I kept the groceries and charged it to the game. I was a lil giddy she had some nice stuff!:banana: Hopefully she went back to the supermarket and got the replacement ideas although it was her fault. She should've checked to make sure she had all her items. I got two packs of angus beef ball park franks , crystal lite to go , pack of steaks ,Lady Speed Stick deodorant and a bag of steak fries . Im not a bad person though I just think Disney and chain restaurants have more than enough money.

WOW is all I can say. How do you know that woman got her groceries replaced and sometimes when checking out people have other things on their mind to include trying to get away from the rude people trying to rush them. What a great example you are for your children. Regardless whether one has autism or not he may understand way more than you give him credit for. Very sad.

Good Lord people. Hop off the soapbox and retract the fangs and claws. This was a pretty funny thread...it is amazing how fast people can get so twisted up over something so ridiculous!! Thanks for the laugh:rotfl2::lmao::laughing:

I'm NOT saying it's the right or honest thing to do, BUT is Disney going to go bankrupt if one (it's not like they can do it every year - the kid's only 3 once!) of their customers who I'm sure will spend waaay more than $300 on merchandise and food gets to save a couple of bucks just this one year? Please say I have no morals - I really don't care. I don't have ANY kids - so I pay full price - but if I had a 3 year old - I would probably say the same thing. Disney is expensive as it is. As much as I LOVE it - I have to say it can get pretty expensive especially when you add a couple of kids to the mix. Last August we brought my 2 nephews (12 + 13) with us and spent over 8k (this was NOT in a Disney resort!!!)! When just the two of us go - we spend maybe 3k. Almost triple what we spend alone! My sister can't even think of it with her 4 kids. I feel terrible. They should really make it more affordable and then people wouldn't resort to lying!:mad:

I read someones post that said "it's like stealing someone's bag", but in all reality that would mean Disney charging us $45 for a stuffed animal that they paid $1.95 for in China is pretty much the same thing ( I work in imports trust me). And YES in this economy that $300 might mean a LOT more to her than we think.

So NO I do not think it's the end of the world. I say do your thing and save your $300 this year cuz next year you won't have a prayer in the world if your kid is that big already, LOL

IT'S STEALING AND WRONG. Plain and Simple. She shouldn't go if she has to lie to afford it. If you don't like the cost of the stuffed animal? Don't buy it, but don't use it to justify stealing. Also, you are not paying for the fabric, stuffing, etc. you are paying for the intellectual property that Disney owns...Mickey Mouse, etc.

I also have to say I find it rather odd that the only poster to support the OP has the same join date as the OP, and very few posts too. Things that make you go hmmmmm.:surfweb:

Who was that song by? Things that you make you go Hmm? Early 90's girl rap? Loved it!

I was going to reply to the OP, but you ladies have me running :scared1: from this thread... :rotfl2:

I can afford to go without lying but i'd rather lie and save my money and spend it on something else. Sure you all dont like it but it's done daily at DW im sure so im not going to beat myself up about it. I already said most likely I wont go back this year anyway so save the be a good person speech for someone has scruples:lmao:

You'd RATHER lie? I'm sure some people would RATHER kill their ex-husbands than deal with them...some people would RATHER sleep around than be faithful...some people would RATHER default on their mortgages than pay them each month...some people would RATHER step on others to get what they want instead of earning it...oh wait, that's you.

Based on the posts - and the user name - I'm guessing 13 or 14 years old - at most.. No need to respond to the original question..

Sadly this poster is for real & is a mother of 2 children. She was posting under another username about an upcoming disney trip "on a budget" and people turned on her after they found out she was paying for it with the extra $500 per month she is collecting off of public assistance. (no judgement here :sad2: just stating the facts). After a bunch of rude replies by many parties the thread was removed & the poster returned to the disboards under this new username.

My own opinion, taking something that isn't yours is stealing plain and simple. Whether it be a grocery bag that isn't yours or a day of Disney fun for a child over 3 yrs old. Imagine if everyone with a 3 year old did that. That is one of the reasons why Disney keeps increasing prices. If more people sneak their kids in for free we are picking up the tabe for them on our paid tix. Those kids are still taking up seats in shows, on rides etc. and lying to the buffets is even worse because you know those kids are eating the food too. Rules are there for a reason and are meant to be followed by all, not only by those with a moral compass.

My kids only got to go for the 1st time in 2008 because I finally could manage to afford it. Thankfully Disney has offered some great deals for military and we have gotten to go back once since and are planning on another trip this year. Last year we saved extra hard to stay on property and this year we are looking at staying off site in a resort for more space since my son finally wants to go.

I was googling disney etc. One mom said she lied and said her child was 2 and she wasnt asked to produce a birth certficate. My ds turns 3 in August and we could probaly go again in Sept. if i said he was 2 . Id feel a lil guilty though....but i'd save aound $300 . Im pretty big so I could probaly say well look how big I am of course he's a little large look at his mama:lmao:

Of course people have done it, where do you think they get all those "dolls" in It's a Small World? Those are all the children of the parents who have lied and said they were two. The "parents" got caught and have taken up residence next door in the Haunted Mansion, and there is "always room for one more..........";)

I didnt take it back because I walked through the snow with my two kiddos all bundled up in a stroller.No way was I walking back to the store. I kept the groceries and charged it to the game. I was a lil giddy she had some nice stuff!:banana: Hopefully she went back to the supermarket and got the replacement ideas although it was her fault. She should've checked to make sure she had all her items. I got two packs of angus beef ball park franks , crystal lite to go , pack of steaks ,Lady Speed Stick deodorant and a bag of steak fries . Im not a bad person though I just think Disney and chain restaurants have more than enough money.

I have never checked my shopping cart to make sure I have all of my stuff. I know that at our shoprite, all returned merchandise is tossed. Therefore, had you called, they probably would've told you to keep it. I'm sure the woman who actually paid for those groceries didn't remember each and every item that was missing from her order - would've been nice if you had told the store, so that she was assured of getting it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter