Has anyone done this before ?

JustAGirl

Earning My Ears
I was googling disney etc. One mom said she lied and said her child was 2 and she wasnt asked to produce a birth certficate. My ds turns 3 in August and we could probaly go again in Sept. if i said he was 2 . Id feel a lil guilty though....but i'd save aound $300 . Im pretty big so I could probaly say well look how big I am of course he's a little large look at his mama:lmao:

popcorn:: This is a hot topic - put on your flame suit. Honestly, this is something I would never do. Well, just a little. I remember going to Hershey Park when my middle child was 3 (turned 3 two months before our trip - 20th % for height and weight). When I bought the tickets, they told me that kids under 3 were free. I told them that dd was 3. However, I did tell the Hershey Lodge that she was 2, so all 5 of us could stay in one room (2 nights, $250+ per night).

Yes, Hot Topic. I personally would not do that. My ds turned 3 in December and we are going this week and I would have never considered lying. The fact that you would prepare more lies (why he is bigger) to cover up another lies sounds more than a little dishonest. Are you also planning on teaching him to tell people he is 2?

Yes, this is a hot topic.

If a CM asks your DS how old he is, and they sometimes do, what will he answer? Would you want him to lie? Is $300 so important that you would want your child to see you being dishonest?

Yep, be careful. You are new here so you should know this is one of the biggest things that upsets people.

We went just before our DD15 was 3, and I was nervous because she was big for her age so I had her birth certificate with me just in case. While we were never asked for it, at least once (that I remember) they asked her how old she was. She was able to answer truthfully because she was not quite 3, but had she not been I wouldn't think she would lie and say 2, once she turned 3 she was way too proud and excited to say 2 anymore. You need to be prepared for them to ask (I hear it happens a lot more now,) and to get charged for him.

they never asked me how old my dd was at the regular admissions to the parks. BUT when we went to MVMCP they said do you have a ticket for her? I said "no", they asked her directly how old she was, cause she too is big for her age, and when she answered 2, the cm looked at me like "yeah right" but let us in anyway, they took her for her word.

I thought about it when we took DS since he was barely 3 and small for his age. But my DH reasoned that DS would get more value out of the trip than anyone so we had to pay - and he was right. However for some of the buffets we did say he was under 3 because he barely ate at all. I know that's wrong too and I wouldnt do that again.

On a related note, one time we went to a local buffet (Golden Corral). I told the cashier that DS was 3 so he could eat free. He said "no, I am 4, I am NOT 3" but the cashier didnt charge me. I felt so guilty that after the meal I went up to the manager and confessed. She said it was okay and not to worry about it but I insisted on paying and made sure to talk to DS about how Mommy had made a mistake and should not have lied. :guilty:

Well my ds has autism and does'nt talk so if they ask him they will not get an answer and he will be none the wiser that mommy is lying. This is all a mute point though because Im postponing the trip until next year .Disney twice a year is a little excessive for my budget Id rather slowly save up the money than to save every little penny like im doing this year for this trip. It's a little annoying:p Oh well ...BTW I had no idea this was a hot topic .Have a good day ladies

You do not have to prove the child is 3 and in my experience you could easily get into the park without a ticket for a young child. (To be clear: I did not lie... DS was just under 3, DD was 5 our last trip. They are the same size and were in matching strollers. DH always went through with DS. I went through with DD. Many times the CMs were confused when I handed them two tickets because they assumed the kids were twins and DD was under 3)

However, OP, you said if you didn't have to pay the $300 for the ticket you could afford another trip. $300 does not seem to me like an amount that would make or break a trip to Disney. I would be stressed every time I entered a park about a possible conflict with CMs and feel guilty about being dishonest and setting a bad example/encouraging my child to lie, so it would not be worth the $300 savings to me.

We are a family of 5, so our next trip is going to be significantly more expensive since our "baby" has turned 3. The cost of getting a second room or chosing a more expensive resort that accomodates 5 is more of a concern than purchasing an extra ticket.

i am sure people do. the kind of people who don't have any scruples, or character.

People who have scruples and character don't even consider it and therefore don't need to ask the question to see if they can get away with it.

What you are proposing is the same as walking into a store and putting merchandise in your bag and walking out without paying. It is theft.

I thought about it when we took DS since he was barely 3 and small for his age. But my DH reasoned that DS would get more value out of the trip than anyone so we had to pay - and he was right. However for some of the buffets we did say he was under 3 because he barely ate at all. I know that's wrong too and I wouldnt do that again.

On a related note, one time we went to a local buffet (Golden Corral). I told the cashier that DS was 3 so he could eat free. He said "no, I am 4, I am NOT 3" but the cashier didnt charge me. I felt so guilty that after the meal I went up to the manager and confessed. She said it was okay and not to worry about it but I insisted on paying and made sure to talk to DS about how Mommy had made a mistake and should not have lied. :guilty:

Wow I would'nt have done that. I would told ds to be quiet when mommy is talking to grown ups but than again I tend to have no conscience when it comes to big business and my saving a few bucks. Last week I went to the supermarket and I got home and noticed they gave me the lady in front of me grocery bag. I didnt take it back because I walked through the snow with my two kiddos all bundled up in a stroller.No way was I walking back to the store. I kept the groceries and charged it to the game. I was a lil giddy she had some nice stuff!:banana: Hopefully she went back to the supermarket and got the replacement ideas although it was her fault. She should've checked to make sure she had all her items. I got two packs of angus beef ball park franks , crystal lite to go , pack of steaks ,Lady Speed Stick deodorant and a bag of steak fries . Im not a bad person though I just think Disney and chain restaurants have more than enough money.

People who have scruples and character don't even consider it and therefore don't need to ask the question to see if they can get away with it.

What you are proposing is the same as walking into a store and putting merchandise in your bag and walking out without paying. It is theft.

Character does'nt get you far in today's society sometimes you do what you got to do to get by and get over .I never stole from a store or a person but when I think of getting over at a place like Disney I would probaly try it once just to see if i could get away with it . Im not going to lie .

Character does'nt get you far in today's society sometimes you do what you got to do to get by and get over .I never stole from a store or a person but when I think of getting over at a place like Disney I would probaly try it once just to see if i could get away with it . Im not going to lie .

Not to split hairs.....BUT.....didn't you just admit to stealing someone else's bag of stuff from a store?? Justify it to yourself all you want but that is stealing from both the store and the person whos bag that was.

so if someone has a need they can come into your home because "they gotta do what they have to do to get by?" Oh, wait, I have never seen going to Disney as "getting by.":sad2:

I was googling disney etc. One mom said she lied and said her child was 2 and she wasnt asked to produce a birth certficate. My ds turns 3 in August and we could probaly go again in Sept. if i said he was 2 . Id feel a lil guilty though....but i'd save aound $300 . Im pretty big so I could probaly say well look how big I am of course he's a little large look at his mama:lmao:

You would really do that? Don't go if you can't afford to without lying. What are you teaching your children?

Wow I would'nt have done that. I would told ds to be quiet when mommy is talking to grown ups but than again I tend to have no conscience when it comes to big business and my saving a few bucks. Last week I went to the supermarket and I got home and noticed they gave me the lady in front of me grocery bag. I didnt take it back because I walked through the snow with my two kiddos all bundled up in a stroller.No way was I walking back to the store. I kept the groceries and charged it to the game. I was a lil giddy she had some nice stuff!:banana: Hopefully she went back to the supermarket and got the replacement ideas although it was her fault. She should've checked to make sure she had all her items. I got two packs of angus beef ball park franks , crystal lite to go , pack of steaks ,Lady Speed Stick deodorant and a bag of steak fries . Im not a bad person though I just think Disney and chain restaurants have more than enough money.

Lord, you've got to be a troll, right?:confused3

You seem to lie about most other things, why stop now?:confused3

Not to split hairs.....BUT.....didn't you just admit to stealing someone else's bag of stuff from a store?? Justify it to yourself all you want but that is stealing from both the store and the person whos bag that was.

No that is not stealing. I did not bag my own groceries someone else did. I did not notice i had the other woman's bag until I was home and i was not walking back out in the snow to hand them over a bag of groceries. I charged it to the game thanked the lord for my freebies and moved on .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter