Has anyone booked Hyatt MCO on Hotwire lately?

lsteadman

DIS Veteran
According to the information I have read on previous threads, I should look for icons for

*3 1/2 stars
*Food
*Pool
*Fitness Center
*Business Center
*Tennis Nearby
***NO **** Shuttle Icon

I checked Hotwire today and there was a hotel with all the ICONS listed except *Tennis Nearby icon was missing.* I really want the Hyatt!!! The price was only $60.00. I am willing to take the risk but wanted to see what the DIS Cruisers thought.

Has anyone choose this hotel (*without* the tennis nearby icon) to receive a hotel other than the Hyatt? If you got another hotel other than the Hyatt MCO, what was your opinion of it. Please give reviews. It is only for a night or two but I would prefer to get right off the plane, go to bed, and right on to the Disney Cruise bus in the morning.

I will use Disney transfers because it is just me and my daughter. I need to arrive early as I live in Minnesota and I know because of my luck it will be the snow storm of the century in January because it my cruise. I am even thinking of leaving two days ahead just in case. I am not interested in relocating at this time so I am trying to work around the Minnesota weather. :p

What hotels did you get when you use Hotwire for MCO airport hotel? Thanks everyone in advance for all of your help. :wave2:

Happy sailing!

I made the mistate and booked, assuming it was the Hyatt, well live and learn, I now have a reservation at the Crown Plaza! Which looks great, but we would have to pay to get there! Then try to find transfers to the port from there! I am sure Tiffany or someone would pick us up there.

Originally posted by ClarabelleCow
but we would have to pay to get there! Then try to find transfers to the port from there!

Even if you are able to book Hyatt, you still need transfer to get to the port.

I believe Crown Plaza should have free shuttle from/to the airport. Have you checked?

yes - you have to pay for the shuttle, on hotwire they do'nt show up with the shuttle icon. That's why I figured it must be the Hyatt!

Originally posted by ClarabelleCow
yes - you have to pay for the shuttle, on hotwire they do'nt show up with the shuttle icon. That's why I figured it must be the Hyatt!
For the official Web page of the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Orlando International Airport, see http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/mcohn

According to Web page, there's a "Complimentary Airport Shuttle." So your only transportation expense from MCO to the hotel would be a tip.

A hotel dosen't have to list all of their features on Hotwire. The hotel just can't list features that they don't have.

Yes, Tiffany Towncar provides towncar service from the hotels near MCO. The rate is the same as from the airport itself. I would think that's true for any of the Orlando area towncar services.

Thanks - I read somewhere that they charged $10.00 per person, but this is good, maybe we will come in early then!!!

If the Hyatt doesn't show up soon I just might book the Crowne. I checked out that link and it looks like a great hotel. If the shuttle service is free that is not bad. I just hate to have to drag around all of my luggage from airport to hotel - hotel to airport.

But for the rate .... I shouldn't mind dragging them around. I am an overpacker......I am guilty as charged.!!!!:wave:

I got the Hyatt about a month ago on Priceline for April, 04 for $39 + tax= $50.00. I haven't seen anybody post recently that they got the Hyatt. There were about 10 of us that got it within a few days of each other.

Good Luck!

~ Linda:boat:

I tried on Priceline (first time user) last week and ended up with the Holiday Inn Select for $40.00. We rent a car so I don't have to get back to the airport to catch the shuttle. I was hoping for Embassy Suites but the HIS looks nice from the website.

I got lucky. I did priceline and got the Hyatt for 48 total with tax. But it is such a gamble. I just made sure I would like any hotel that was offered so I wouldn't be disapointed. Oh the date I got it for was March 31 for i nite before the cruise.
Tina

Check-in January 14, 2005
Check-out January 15, 2005

Your offer: $40.00
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 1
Subtotal: $40.00
Taxes and Service Fees: $11.02

Total Price: $51.00

Not too bad! Not the Hyatt but I have a room so I shouldn't complain.

I know someone out there is saying January.....I am a very "anal" planner and organizer.

Picture "Monica" on Friends and make is twice as worst !!!!:teeth:

Thought since there was no shuttle icon and all except the nearby tennis that it would be the Hyatt as a first timer with Hotwire. Cost: 60.00 plus taxes and fees. Shuttle service is limited...I am guessing that the hours aren't 24/7, but yet to be determined. Now I know to make sure that every icon is present as stated.

I am also looking for a decent rate at the Hyatt MCO for our cruise in October. I don't mind paying up to $100 (all inclusive) because it sure beats their published price of close to or even over $200. I took a look at Priceline but don't want to offer the big bucks if I can't be sure of what I'm getting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

$38-$39 seems to be the Magic # with Hyatt MCO on Price Line. Other going on our cruise bid $40 & got HI Select, not the Hyatt & it was within a day or two of my bid a month ago.

go to www.biddingfortravel.com or www.betterbidding.com & check out if anyone one the Hyatt rently & for what price. That's what I did before I bid. Hyatt is a 3 star.

Good luck!

~ Linda :)

Originally posted by jeanneg
I took a look at Priceline but don't want to offer the big bucks if I can't be sure of what I'm getting.
Anyone who only wants one particular hotel should not use Priceline or Hotwire. While the two sites differ in how they work, both are based on the premise that you won't know where you're staying until after your non-refundable transaction is complete.

If you want a decent rate at a particular hotel, ask for any special rates for which you might qualify -- such as AAA, AARP, Entertainment, and the hotel's frequent guest program -- and ask for promotional rates, such as weekend deals and room-and-breakfast rates. Also, if you work for a large corporation or other entity with negotiated hotal rates, check if you are allowed to use them for personal travel.

Good luck!

I've already done that. They have a fairly decent rate (about $120) for both fed govt. employees and seniors (age 62 or above) but we don't qualify for either. The AAA and AARP rates(which we do qualify for) are only small discounts from the standard rate. The person I spoke with told me to keep checking as they very often have special deals and you just have to hit them at the right time.

The Hyatt itself was offering a rate of $83.00 around this time, late February early March!

Since we are traveling back next January am gonna start looking as soon as the 11 month window opens up!

Best thing is to check everyday. And when it shows up take it 'cause they won't offer it for very long!

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter