Has anybody ever done both parks in one day??

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
I was curious how many people do this just to save an extra day at Disney. I really don't want to put aside 2 whole days at Universal. Not sure if that will be jamming too much into 1 day. Do you think it can be done?

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

Well isn't that just part of our charm? Most people don't even suspect that a default day away from Disney can result in an entirely different take on the situation. Some find that they should have planned a few days to experience Universal in whole. Others who have mastered things can certainly move through the parks in one day, but probably have taken the time before to immerse themselves in the whole thing. Both parks can be done in one day, although very quickly, and you will undoubtedly miss things along the way.

Heaven forbid, you should schedule an entire day away from Disney....
If you only want to spend one day at Universal, then I would suggest you pick either IOA or Universal Studios to tour.
Bet if you only schedule one day, you'll be wishing you had scheduled at least two!!

Especially if you have never been to the parks, or haven't done everything before, you should devote an entire day to each park. Ideally, you should devote one entire day for each park and a third day to revisit favorite attractions. We are allocating 4 days for US/IOA during our next trip. Last time we had three days, and there were still things that we didn't get to do.

went to US/IOA one day---so we only got to Hulk, Dudley Do-Right, Jurassic Park, & Spiderman in IOA-------Men In Black, Back to the Future, Jaws, King Kong, Twister & Terminator in US.

We went to early entry that day and rushed from one ride to the other, did not get to shop, eat any snacks, etc, or enjoy the atmosphere.

Ate at Jimmy Buffets before leaving for the day.

My point is, you can probably do it, but you won't do it justice.

This year (in 20 days!!) my DH and I are staying by Universal Studios to spend most of our time there, and only going to Disney World one day! Imagine that!! ;-}

Have a do da day!

Bonnie
'84 offsite
'90 CB
'94 DL
'99 CB
'00 May-AS Movies, Dec-AS Music
'01 Apr-Offsite
mickey_4.gif

We did it the first week of December. Hit US in the morning, did every ride except for Jaws (closed), ET and the Woody Woodpecker roller coaster, left for IOA, did Hulk, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, JP, Cat in the Hat. Went back to US after IAO closed and did ET and Woody a few times. We did more that one day then the other days at Disney...and the kids liked it better. I never thought that would happen. When we go back in October, we are staying at HRH and doing 2 days Universal and 2 days Disney using our hoppers to split it. The point is, depending on the time of year and the crowds, it can be done.

Mike

HRH 10/01, 2/01
Swan 6/01
Ft Wilderness 12/98, 12/99, 11/00
Dixie Landings 11/97
Offsite 9/92, 3/93, 10/93, 11/94, 1/95, 8/96, 11/96

I agree with everyone, it CAN be done but what you'll miss will make it sort of a lost cause...

I've done the one park in the morning and one park in the afternoon thing due to time restraints but I've already done both parks to the max. So I can hit what I live the most and be quite happy.

But I always leave knowing I missed alot.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

I think that you need at least two days especially at busy times. We used a three day pass last year over Easter and loved it so much I would have been happy to do another day. IMHO I would be more likely to lose a day at Disney than a day at Universal.

Tracy
Disneyland Paris Halloween 1999 & Christmas 2000
Off site Easter 2000 & Easter 2001

We went to IOA in the morning and Universal in the evening. We rode all the big rides and had lunch at Confiscos. Then went over for the shooting of the NIck show called Tiana. We rode Men in Black and I think Twister. It can be done. Especially if you stay onsite.

<font color=9900FF>We did it! It wasn't crowded the day we went last month, and we were able to get everything in! There were no lines to speak of, otherwise, I think it might be hard to do both in one day. Islands of Adventure was so awesome, I will give it a whole day next time I go.</font>

<font size=3 color=9900FF>Sandi
plaqueestr.gif

Nov 12-22 1997
Intimate Wedding at WL
Feb 6-11 1999 OKW
Feb 3-10 2001 WLV

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee behavior="alternate">Happy Spring!</marquee></font>

Check Out My Web Page

I was just there 2 weeks ago chaperoning a senior trip and i got both parks done with time to spare.
I rode hulk 7 times, spiderman 2 times and dueling dragons 6 times along with riding everything else in the park 1 time. Then i went over to usf and rode everything 1 time except men in black(2 times).The only show i saw though was the Blue Brothers.Then i sat and rested 1 hour before mardi gras. The key is to get there at opening time(not 10 min. late), keep moving, use the single rider line, and universal express pass. good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter