Harry Potter World in one day with express pass?

Also probably the biggest impediment is King's Cross. Because the recommended path is to start at Universal Studios/London/Diagon Alley, do Gringots, eat at Broomsticks and explore Diagon Alley then go to King's Cross and the train. By that time it would probably be around 11-noon and King's Cross will have a 50 plus waittime. So i guess in a sense that would be one place where the Express Pass might be worth it. but you are basically just paying express pass for the train.

If you go the opposite way against the flow of traffic, maybe can be done in one day depending on if you get an early Hagrid time. Start at Hogsmead in the morning and go to Diagon Alley/London after. That is alot quicker since you are going in the opposite direction of people and the story line but I can't see how a Harry Potter fan would want to do that.

Since you are a Harry Potter fan, I wouldn't get the express pass because you would miss too much. Even King's Cross station the express pass bypasses alot of the queue.

Honestly, I would see if you can do everything in one day but leave an extra day open in case you need two days. You can also upgrade from a one day ticket to an annual pass if you need to use the 2nd day.

Even the Forbidden Journey Castle ride sometimes the line is short so there would be a tendency to walk too fast and miss all the cool rooms in the castle starting with the greenhouse. But you want to take your time and look at everything. That ride also has a single rider line which bypasses alot of the rooms and goes straight to the ride but I don't recommend missing all the rooms and hallways on your first visit.

That makes sense! I definitely don’t want to miss cool stuff in the queues. We’re also going to Disney in May 2022, so if we can’t get everything done in one day, we could always upgrade to the annual pass and do a 2nd day then. I’m not sure we’ll be able to add on 2 days in November.

If you know you are going to Disney in May 2022 I highly recommend getting a seasonal AP so you can go back - the price difference in tickets is usually worth it!

We bought one day park to park tickets and did all of Harry potter had lunch at three broomsticks and still had time for a few other rides.
We did not have Express passes.
I think we paid $160 each from UT but it depends on when you are going.

I've done both HP lands in both parks, as well as managed to see a lot of the other rides in the parks in one day, it's doable if you get there early and you're there on a quieter day.

We were just there at the end of June. It was really busy. We didn’t have Express Pass. You TOTALLY could do both Wizarding World and Diagon Alley and all attractions in one day. Get there at park open and get Virtual Line of Hagrids right at park open and/or hit that first. I want to say that the Virtual Line opened at 8 am? Virtual Line just gives you access to the line, which can be about 1 hour long. They didn’t have a regular standby line after 9 am when we were there, it was virtual line only. Anyone staying a Universal resorts will have early park access, so plan for a line. Other lines (Forbidden Journey, Gringott’s) might be 45-60 minutes long, but you could do both sides in a day. If it’s busy and you want to eat at Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks, plan 45-60 minute line to order food. Plan a full day, and you can do it without Express Pass, including the butter beer line if you get one from a cart.

I’ve been a Harry Potter fan since the books first came out, but haven’t ever made it to Harry Potter world. The husband has, but I want to drag him along as an add-on to one of the WDW trips we have coming up.

Could we get through everything at Harry Potter world in one day if we bought the express pass? My priority is to go on the rides, but I’d also like some time to see the shops. I know you have to buy a ticket to both sides of Universal (ugh) and pricing it out is somewhat nauseating ($620 for tickets and the express pass for two people). It would definitely be a one-time splurge, given the massive price tag.

But anyway — is one day feasible? Looks like the parks are typically open from 9am-9/10pm. We’d look to rope drop and then just keep going until we get through everything.

Thanks!!

Where are you staying? If you stay at the Portofino or Hard Rock, it includes tickets with the express pass and it would be less the $620.00.
It will let you enjoy the whole experience much more with a lot less stress.

One day might be tight in doing everything
But give it your best shot

Last edited:
Where are you staying? If you stay at the Portofino or Hard Rock, it includes tickets with the express pass and it would be less the $620.00.
It will let you enjoy the whole experience much more with a lot less stress.

Staying there does not include tickets. It does include the express pass but you have to buy tickets separately. Probably still cheaper.

Staying there does not include tickets. It does include the express pass but you have to buy tickets separately. Probably still cheaper.
We are planning on doing a 2 park 1 day pass and looked at the hotels and couldn't believe the high price for the hotels for October. Over $400 a night plus taxes. But after reading comments on this thread since we really would be spending most of our time doing all the Harry Potter stuff I don't think we will worry about express passes.

We are planning on doing a 2 park 1 day pass and looked at the hotels and couldn't believe the high price for the hotels for October. Over $400 a night plus taxes. But after reading comments on this thread since we really would be spending most of our time doing all the Harry Potter stuff I don't think we will worry about express passes.

I'm doing the same. Take a look at Endless Summer for your hotel. It doesn't get you the Express Pass, but it *does* get you early entry. Based on what I've read (and I'm no expert) starting early with early entry gives a nice advantage. I think I should be able to comfortably do all of Harry Potter in one day. And Endless summer is *very* reasonably priced at about $120 for the night I'm staying.

Not only can you get both lands done in one day, you could get both parks done in one day. Some excellent advice here on not needing EP and standing in the regular queues to see all the details :) Drink lots of Butterbeer and don’t miss Florian Fortiscue’s! Have fun!

I'm doing the same. Take a look at Endless Summer for your hotel. It doesn't get you the Express Pass, but it *does* get you early entry. Based on what I've read (and I'm no expert) starting early with early entry gives a nice advantage. I think I should be able to comfortably do all of Harry Potter in one day. And Endless summer is *very* reasonably priced at about $120 for the night I'm staying.

We stayed at Cabana Bay, the early entry was nice, the quick bus ride was nice to/from the resort. Seriously, with early entry access, if your goal is only really wanting to do the Harry Potter areas, you'll be fine and it is a nice advantage to have. We left CBBR 45 minutes before the park opened, waited about 15-20 in a mob for IoA to open for early access (about at the park end of the bridge by Margaritaville, but it extended further after we got there), then strolled down to Hagrid's (some ran, we didn't). We had maybe a 30-minute line at Hagrid's - not bad at all. Some people split off to go to Velocicoaster, so that helps too. You'll want to plan to get to the bus stops maybe 45-60 minutes before the park opens for early entry though. It was a Sunday if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts