Harry Potter book!

LOL Tim :) !

DS is shut in his room as we speak since collecting his copy this morning. Oh the peace!!!!

We live in a town that would normally be very sleepy late at night but my elder son said that the bookshops ( 3 including Smiths) were buzzing last night with the three open and laying on snacks and soft drinks, lines out of the door and books piled high. ( He is 17 and reads it on the quiet but he has been able to 'come out' as he accompanied two friends who were going to buy the book, and he said the atmosphere was really good).

I think the excitement this book is causing is great fun - and it has children ( and adults) reading again with enthusiasm, nothing sad about that.

Well I finished it mid afternoon - phew the relief from all that suspense!

Really enjoyed it - and I won't let any secrets slip!

Alison that was incredibly quick :eek: !!!!!! I'm waiting to read it after DS .........but I shall be taking it much slower than you have ;)

I don't think he'll take long to get to the end either - you both have a long wait until the next book!

Harriet arrived home mid-morning yesterday in a state of feverish excitement. She had to go out mid afternoon, otherwise I'm sure she'd have read until the end.

She's desperate to find out who dies. I know (because I cheated and peeked). She reckons she's worked it out and her guess is right, but I haven't let on!

only £8.95 from John Lewis:) haven't had chanced to read much yet...must get a move on before Becy or Mark snatch it from me!:)

Doesnt it amaze you in this day and age with all the technology we have, its a good ole book that is keeping many thousands of children(and adults),so quiet over the next few days!.

Jules

DD (13) has now finished it.............so now DD (16) has retired to bedroom..........book....snacks and drinks in hand :D

My niece has just finished reading Harry Potter - so she's given it to me and I'm going to read it over the weekend. Am I a sad soul???

We visited my daughters new school (starts in September) and the first question asked by the Head of English was "Who's got the new Harry Potter book ?" Now talk about getting the kids on your side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter