Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts vs Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
WWDA_ST_Dragon_Fire_side_dusk-R0A2747-1.png

448992-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios.jpg

Both are fun rides, and RnRC is great if you are just wanting a coaster. But the theming overall is very weak compared to Gringott's.

I love the theming of Gringotts, I do! But as a ride it’s a tease, it’s really just more screens.

Yeah, I'm not a big HP guy, but I've gotta go with Gringotts. It's the best of the HP rides in my opinion and really cool. RnR is fun and all, but it's pretty basic really.
Hm, you think Gringotts is better than Hagrid's? I think the latter is more innovative.

Hm, you think Gringotts is better than Hagrid's? I think the latter is more innovative.

Yes, I do. I did enjoy Hagrids, but it is more of a coaster and less immersive. It is cool though with some nice surprises too. I just like the whole Gringotts story and experience better though. Considering I know little about HP in general, I just like the scenes.

Yes, I do. I did enjoy Hagrids, but it is more of a coaster and less immersive. It is cool though with some nice surprises too. I just like the whole Gringotts story and experience better though. Considering I know little about HP in general, I just like the scenes.
Interesting. I agree, Grongott's is more immersive. I think what wins me over with Hagrid's is the experience of riding on the bike (not the side car), which feels different than normal coasters.

Interesting. I agree, Grongott's is more immersive. I think what wins me over with Hagrid's is the experience of riding on the bike (not the side car), which feels different than normal coasters.

Well, I did get the sidecar. Also, I wonder if it would be a littel better at night?

Well, I did get the sidecar. Also, I wonder if it would be a littel better at night?
Ohhh yeah, the first time I rode it I had the side car and I thought it was average. Then we went on again using single-rider line and I was able to get the bike--that took it to a different level, like "best ride at UO" level. Didn't ride at night but I did think it would be even better then.

I like that at MK, Tron has bikes for both seats!

Ohhh yeah, the first time I rode it I had the side car and I thought it was average. Then we went on again using single-rider line and I was able to get the bike--that took it to a different level, like "best ride at UO" level. Didn't ride at night but I did think it would be even better then.

I mena, I thought HAgrid's was better than "average" but I still like Gringott's better.

I do kind of wish they had motorbike seats like Tron for it. Would give it an even different feel and be like you're actually on the bike instead of just sitting in a seat.

I don't think the comparison is apples to apples. RnR is a fun older-styled roller coaster. It's fast and exciting and that's about it. I personally think it's the best roller coaster at WDW. Gringotts is way more immersive from the moment you start the line until you leave. I don't think one is better than the other because of the ride-design. They're both awesome, but if I had to pick I'd go with RR because I like traditional rollercoasters over 3D/4D rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter