Harrison Bay 2023

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Hi all. A couple of us are planning on doing Harrison Bay State Park in Chattanooga June 11-18, 2023. If anyone would like to join us, please feel free. Reservations are open now. We are doing the A loop. It’s one of the most scenic campgrounds I’ve ever stayed at. Only negative is they don’t have sewer hookups.

Hi all. A couple of us are planning on doing Harrison Bay State Park in Chattanooga June 11-18, 2023. If anyone would like to join us, please feel free. Reservations are open now. We are doing the A loop. It’s one of the most scenic campgrounds I’ve ever stayed at. Only negative is they don’t have sewer hookups.
I made a reservation for me and DW in Loop A, Arc. We'll see what next summer looks like closer to time.

However, we are going to arrive a few days earlier and leave a few days sooner since the 18th is Father's Day and we want to be home before that.

I need to budget at least two days for train rides (or maybe 3 if DW doesn't kill me first. :scared: )

Bama Ed

PS - www.tvrail.com is the webbie for the nearby Tennessee Valley Railroad that runs short steam engine rides. It's pretty neat in that it runs through a tunnel under Missionary Ridge and uses a turn table to spin the engine around so it can pull front-wards for the return of the out-and-back trip. Looking at the schedule for Summer 2022, they only are running steam on weekends; pre-covid every summer day Memorial-Labor Days had steam. Who knows what Summer 2023 will be like? But I love riding behind steam and will try to find a way to make it happen.

Last edited:
I made a reservation for me and DW in Loop A, Arc. We'll see what next summer looks like closer to time.

However, we are going to arrive a few days earlier and leave a few days sooner since the 18th is Father's Day and we want to be home before that.

I need to budget at least two days for train rides (or maybe 3 if DW doesn't kill me first. :scared: )

Bama Ed

PS - www.tvrail.com is the webbie for the nearby Tennessee Valley Railroad that runs short steam engine rides. It's pretty neat in that it runs through a tunnel under Missionary Ridge and uses a turn table to spin the engine around so it can pull front-wards for the return of the out-and-back trip. Looking at the schedule for Summer 2022, they only are running steam on weekends; pre-covid every summer day Memorial-Labor Days had steam. Who knows what Summer 2023 will be like? But I love riding behind steam and will try to find a way to make it happen.
Awesome news! Hopefully we can do a group ride on the train!!

If anyone else is interested, I have another site I had booked for someone who isn't going to be able to make it. It's on the water. If you're interested, let me know and I won't cancel it.

Sadly, I've had to cancel out of Harrison Bay in June 2023.

I'm getting a rare opportunity to tour the Aliner factory in Pennsylvania during the National Rally of the Aliner Owners Club near there. The number of sites are going fast (80% booked up already) so I secured ours but it is too close date-wise to do both.

Camp on without us. We will catch up with you folks at the next opportunity.

Bama Ed

Looking forward to it! I was afraid I wasn't going to get to take vacation time but looks like I'm good to go!

@tigger92662 when do you get in? I see check in is 4 pm. I am hoping to be there by 12:30. I hope they have overflow if the site is not empty. I am hoping someone can scope it out for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter