Hard Rock/Universal Packages

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
Has anyone gotten any of the package deals shown on the Hard Rock website (i.e. Hard Rock Introductory Package, Adventure Package, etc.)? My wife and I and going on a 4 day cruise in September and wanted to spend 3 days at the Hard Rock and Universal. Any comments, opinions, criticisms, etc.?

Thanks!

I've had much better experiences booking hotels, etc. without packages.

I've found that packages include things I don't need and have paid for.

Shop around and see if you can do better on your own. Of course they are more convenient, I used one for my very first trip to Universal because I was clueless and had NOT found this website first, but you HAVE so maybe you can go equipped with all the right info.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

I'd have to agree with Robin. If you don't mind spending a little time, you may save anywhere from just a little bit to several hundred dollars by booking things seperately on your own. The Universal packages ARE a good deal, especially if you plan on using all the features they include, but you may want to price things individually first!
Things to cheack for:
Entertainment hotel rate (as low as $117 / night!)
AAA discounts
Annual Pass discounts
Discount/Free shipping tickets- ticketmania.com
Fan Club discount
...and some others you can find on the site!

Since you will be staying three days an AP may be a good ticket option depending on how much on site dining shopping you'll be doing ( http://www.uoannualpass.com for details).

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Updates: Universal Chat every Sunday at 9:00pm!

Thanks for your help and comments. I did try to price out what it would cost me if I got things separately and with the package. Here's what I came up with for 2 adults:

Hard Rock Hotel ($117x3) = $351 (w/Enter Rate)
3-Day Multi Ticket ($106x2) = $212
Total = $563

Obviously this is just an estimate and doesn't include other costs. The Hard Rock Hotel Introductory Special for 2 adults would cost $757.51 and includes the following:

- 3 or more nights’ on-site hotel accommodations at the AAA Four Diamond Award® Winning Hard Rock Hotel®
- Unlimited admission to both Islands of AdventureSM and Universal Studios ® theme parks valid for the length of your stay
- CityWalk Party PassSM with all-club access to CityWalk® entertainment complex plus a movie pass to Universal Cineplex**
- 1 lunch or dinner at Hard Rock Cafe® Orlando, NASCAR CafeTM Orlando, or a select UNIVERSAL Orlando restaurant***
- Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Travel Tote or UNIVERSAL OrlandoSM Souvenir cup filled with your favorite beverages (ages 3-17)
- Special privileges no other resort can offer… such as front-of-the-line access to the theme parks’ most popular attractions, early theme park admission on select days, complimentary on-site transportation and much more!
- Hotel Taxes

Seems relatively close in price to me. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Let's see, that a difference of almost $200 for a lunch or dinner, a kid's tote (my son has one, was NOT impressed) and a movie pass.

All of the rest is all inclusive with the tickets and the hotel.

It amazes me how they add on the stuff you get whether you book a package or not. I remember on the package I got when I first went to Orlando "included" was children eat free at the hotel I stayed at. When I got there I found out that ALL children ate free.

You've got to be careful with packages. They ARE convenient, but not REALLY deals.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

Just a few ideas:

The $200 difference is a bit much, but the comparison here really isn't fair. The package for a 3 night stay would include a 4 day pass that also allows you to go to another park (Wet & Wild or Sea World - I think). The 4 day ticket is more money because of the additional park options.

I was unable to get an entertainment rate (we are leaving in a week for spring break) and found the package to be much cheaper than booking everything separately.

One thing that I had reservations to is book 4 nights (but only get passes for 3 days). The normal package would be 4 nights with passes for 5 days. I knew that we wouldn't use the passes the day we left. Essentially, reservations booked me a 3 night package and one night of separate hotel. I also had them exclude the movie passes which brought the cost down too.

If you have a Discover Card and charge your vacation with it; you get a free day. Min. 2 night but I dont think there is a max. I saw it on there website and you have to click the Discover offer to get the price quote. It is good untill Dec. 20th 2001.

Kim

offsite- 86, 92, 93
PO(now french quarter)- 2000
CS- 2002

I think you have to look at the price, time of year for availability and number of people in your party. We will be there Easter week so there were no enterainment rates we could find.

We are staying two nights and will be using the three day passes that come with the Discover package. There are 5 people in our party so to us the package was worth it.

Using a Discover card made it worth it for us to take the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter