Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

Hi, I'm finally getting caught up! I've been back from Disney for a week, and I'm still SOOO behind on everyone's TR's! :crazy2:

Your BCV room is beautiful! I wish they would redo them so they would match the regular Beach Club rooms, with the white comforters on the beds, but still, it's so gorgeous!

I love Stormalong Bay! Seeing pictures makes me want to stay there again! When I thought I was all set to be staying in AKL on my next trip, whenever that's going to be...at least I have some time to decide! :rotfl2:

Yay, starting off at the Canada booth is a great way to begin the Food and Wine festival, I think we did the same thing! :thumbsup2 Everything was so good there!

And I love the France booth too...Food and Wine is always so much fun!! :cool1:

Oh, how I :love: your pictures. So beautiful! Can't wait to go back to the Beach Club.

Cheddar cheese soup is a must do, for sure. I made it at home once. It was good (kind of a labor intensive recipe, if I recall) but it tastes so much better IN Epcot. ::yes::

Liked that cosmo slushie too! ::yes::

Yum - the pics from EPCOT are so nice. Have to get there for F&W someday! (I keep checking back for the big proposal post ... I'm sure you'll get there in your own sweet time :rotfl2: The suspense is building ...)

Thanks Sharon. I feel I should tell you that the proposal doesn't come until Day 8 of the trip! It's a ways off in this story, but I hope I keep you entertained until then. :goodvibes

Mmmmmmm cheddar cheese soup! Drooling a little now. I'm too picky to properly enjoy the F&WF, but I do enjoy seeing what other people eat.
Sugar Ray!! How cool!

I'm totally a picky eater too Wendy! But I wouldn't let that deter you from the festival, there are soooooo many things to choose from. And actually the thing that ended up being my favorite item last year was something I never though I would EVER try: The Kefta Pocket from Morocco!

Sugar Ray was lots of fun. I guess I just didn't realize how many popular songs they had! :rotfl:

We have a couple trips already in the works for next year but there's a possibility that Eric and I may be able to get a long weekend trip in October for F&W and to do the Halloween Party for our anniversary... Just us... no kids... we aren't talking about it too much yet...

Wow, sounds like a fun 2013 for you! You guys would have so much fun doing a long weekend in October, there is just so much to do that time of year. And hey, if it's later in the month, maybe we'll run into you on our honeymoon!

We've got plenty of Disney coming up in 2013 too, a week-long trip for Franklin's birthday in late-January, a five-day trip with friends in early May and then the first three or four nights of our honeymoon in late October. :woohoo:

That sounds like a good plan... I think that's what I'd do as well... Have to have some ADRs-I don't know what I'd do with myself otherwise....

We all know that about 75 percent of any Disney trip is about the food. It's hard enough to trim back the ADR list during Food and Wine, I can't even think about cutting all the ADRs out!

This plan works really well for us. We don't overload on the F&W kiosks and we still get the nice break of a TS ADR. A perfect balance.

I am so excited about going the the Beach Club the first time as our "home"...:goodvibes Since we're going for a slight shorter trip for us... 5 days, 4 nights... I really want to be selective and not attempt to do every attraction... which can be hard for me... We want to focus on the Holiday Decorations, Osbourne Lights, The CLProcessional; doing a whole little group of ADRs that are new for us.. Yachtsman, bluezoo, La Hacienda- as part of of our CP package, Via Napoli and a Kat Kora breakfast & I am really HOPING...:worship: that we get a good look at the "New" Fantasyland which is supposed to be in soft previews... I also want to try 3 new "adult' beverages...:rotfl: I'm going to write a TR so I'd be happy to let you know when it begins... (Shameless plug...:rotfl2:)

You are going to have the time of your lives! Take it from someone whose trips were always five days (until this last one, at least), you'll get plenty done. But it's good to realize you won't see everything this time (there's always a next time!). Actually we got on the plane at the end of our October trip and I said to Franklin, "We never did It's a Small World or Mickey's Philharmagic!" We both just laughed and mentally put them on the to-do list for January.

I'm so envious of all your holiday plans at Disney. I went with my family many moons ago for Christmas but the castle didn't have those lights, there were no Osbourne Lights and all I can really remember about that trip was the parade and the crowds! :crowded: I cannot wait to see your TR, please let me know when it's up and running.

I won't spoil anything in New Fantasyland, but WOW, it is amazing. The theming is just spectacular and everything is just a sight to behold. Franklin even found a tip on the photography boards to stand back there for Wishes and you can frame most of the fireworks around Beast's castle (we're going to try that on our next trip).

BTW... Have you seen Lincoln? Personally I thought it was really well done...It did my MSNBC watching, History Channel watching heart good... I think living right where all of that took place would had a whole extra level to it...

I haven't seen Lincoln yet, though it's at the top of my list. We've had so many wedding-related appointments lately that we haven't had much free time. Franklin just asked the other day, "are we ever going to have a night off?" Maybe I'll have to plan a movie date to go see it with him (he loooooves the History Channel too!)

Canada is a perfect first stop for the F&W festival! I never actually got around to having my beloved soup this past trip because it was just too darned hot to eat soup! I'm going to make up for it with a Le Cellier ADR in April. :goodvibes

I have never had the sushi at F&W, because I was always a little nervous about sushi pre-made and sitting outside in Florida, but Franklin's roll looks so fresh and delicious, maybe I should give it a shot next time!

I love the eat to the beat concerts, it is always so much fun to see some old school bands. I've never had the chance to see Sugar Ray (I think they were added to the line up after we moved away from Florida), but I have a soft spot for Starship. :rotfl:

I decided to ignore the fact that it felt like we were walking on the sun and just go for the soup. Although I have to say, it was much easier to eat at night when it was cooler.

Franklin has had sushi and various other raw-fish goods at F&W and lived to tell the tale each time. I don't know if that means he has an iron stomach or that the food is just definitely safe.

Franklin and I were laughing about how all the bands from our high school days are now considered "old school." Ah, they joys of getting older. :rotfl2: We were supposed to see Starship during our trip but we got sidetracked that night and never made it. :sad2:

Hi, I'm finally getting caught up! I've been back from Disney for a week, and I'm still SOOO behind on everyone's TR's! :crazy2:

Your BCV room is beautiful! I wish they would redo them so they would match the regular Beach Club rooms, with the white comforters on the beds, but still, it's so gorgeous!

I love Stormalong Bay! Seeing pictures makes me want to stay there again! When I thought I was all set to be staying in AKL on my next trip, whenever that's going to be...at least I have some time to decide! :rotfl2:

I know the feeling, I came back from my trip and dove head-first into wedding planning. So once I came up for air, I realized I had about 1,000 emails that were all TR subscriptions that I'd fallen behind on. But I'm finally catching up too. I even dropped by on your new TR, love the title! (Here's the link if anyone wants to read about Jen's trip!)

They'll probably never make the DVC villas look like the regular resort rooms because the villas are occupied almost 100 percent of the time, so the wear and tear on the furniture and linens is worse than the resorts. I think BLT was the test for making the villas look more like their resort counterparts and while I think it looks gorgeous, the furniture and the white duvet covers are already showing their age after just a few years. Since member dues have to pay for replacements, they tend to pick things that will camouflage the wear and tear better. :sad1:

SAB is awesome (and the resort is gorgeous!), but I wouldn't count out AKL just yet. Wait till you see the pictures from that resort later in the trip! It is a resort unlike anything else I've ever seen. Completely blew me away. :thumbsup2

Yay, starting off at the Canada booth is a great way to begin the Food and Wine festival, I think we did the same thing! :thumbsup2 Everything was so good there!

And I love the France booth too...Food and Wine is always so much fun!! :cool1:

Every time we went back to Canada, I kept meaning to try the chicken sausage but I never did. Hmmm, something to try next year maybe?

Oh, how I :love: your pictures. So beautiful! Can't wait to go back to the Beach Club.

Cheddar cheese soup is a must do, for sure. I made it at home once. It was good (kind of a labor intensive recipe, if I recall) but it tastes so much better IN Epcot. ::yes::

Liked that cosmo slushie too! ::yes::

I spoke with one of the chefs at Le Cellier one time when we were eating there and they said that when you make the cheese soup using the recipe card they give you at the restaurant, you should use a little less beer than is on the recipe.
I haven't tried it yet, but maybe this little tidbit might help someone else!

Franklin waited until Day 8 to pop the question!!! :lovestruc. I will just have to be patient and enjoy your report and the beautiful photos :thumbsup2

Franklin waited until Day 8 to pop the question!!! :lovestruc. I will just have to be patient and enjoy your report and the beautiful photos :thumbsup2

Funny story. Franklin and I took an amazing two-week vacation to Europe in the summer of 2011, which included a five-day visit to Paris. Now I totally thought Franklin was going to propose on this trip and I planned all these super romantic meals and outings that would all be the perfect times to pop the question. And he never did. :sad1:

Cut to October, when I thought he *might* propose on the Disney trip. Once we got halfway through the trip and he hadn't proposed, I gave up any hope of it happening again and I wanted to concentrate on enjoying the trip. So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!:rotfl:

So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!:rotfl:

Actually, that was the idea. Wait just long enough that you put your guard down and the surprise is just that much more special. :cool1:
For the rest of you, the wait won't be boring. There will be plenty of amazing photos along the way.

Actually, that was the idea. Wait just long enough that you put your guard down and the surprise is just that much more special. :cool1:
For the rest of you, the wait won't be boring. There will be plenty of amazing photos along the way.

I'm sure the photos and narrative will be worth the wait. Tricky, letting the poor girl think you were passing up yet another perfect opportunity - but fun and romantic, too :thumbsup2

Funny story. Franklin and I took an amazing two-week vacation to Europe in the summer of 2011, which included a five-day visit to Paris. Now I totally thought Franklin was going to propose on this trip and I planned all these super romantic meals and outings that would all be the perfect times to pop the question. And he never did. :sad1:

Cut to October, when I thought he *might* propose on the Disney trip. Once we got halfway through the trip and he hadn't proposed, I gave up any hope of it happening again and I wanted to concentrate on enjoying the trip. So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!:rotfl:

Good move Franklin!!! It's best when least expected! I cannot wait to hear all about it! :hyper::hyper: (but I'll patiently enjoy the story until there and drool over every single picture...!)

Would love to join in! The photos you have are just beautiful! My friend and I were there at the same time. When I saw your photos of the Sugar Ray concert I was shocked! We went to that concert as well. We were seated in the middle back behind where the dry spots were. It had rained off and on, so we started with ponchos on, then took them off. It was a great concert.

We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008. Our favorite spot to be (besides the slide for the kids, of course) was the area in front of the pool store where the lifegaurds played games each afternoon. Loved the sand bottom.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to read more.

Another busy couple of weeks in our lives. My schedule has now changed again for what I hope is the final time. My new off days are Friday and Saturday, which makes me feel almost like a normal person! :cool1:

In wedding news, we've booked our photographers. Franklin took the lead on this one, asking lots of photography questions that went right over my head (I, on the other hand, got to look at lots of the pretty galleries of photos they brought).

And I said yes to the dress yesterday! After a half-dozen boutiques and 50+ dresses tried, I found THE ONE. We had gone back to one of the first boutiques I had gone to to try on the one dress I had actually loved, but I also wanted to try on some different-shaped dresses that we hadn't tried the first time. It really was that cheesy, movie moment where I put the dress on and just knew. I loved the dress so much that I didn't even need to try on the dress that I had come back specifically to try.

I'd go into more detail, but someone who isn't supposed to know anything before the wedding day, might stumble upon the details. :rolleyes1

Good move Franklin!!! It's best when least expected! I cannot wait to hear all about it! :hyper::hyper: (but I'll patiently enjoy the story until there and drool over every single picture...!)

Brook, yep, he did an awesome job of throwing me off the scent. His plan worked perfectly! :rotfl:

P.S. I need to email you about setting up a resort reservation for our honeymoon!

Would love to join in! The photos you have are just beautiful! My friend and I were there at the same time. When I saw your photos of the Sugar Ray concert I was shocked! We went to that concert as well. We were seated in the middle back behind where the dry spots were. It had rained off and on, so we started with ponchos on, then took them off. It was a great concert.

We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008. Our favorite spot to be (besides the slide for the kids, of course) was the area in front of the pool store where the lifegaurds played games each afternoon. Loved the sand bottom.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to read more.

Yay! :welcome: aboard! Glad to have you join in on the fun.

Sugar Ray was a really fun concert, Mark McGrath was really funny in between all the songs. The cowbell performance was especially funny. :rotfl2:

Beach Club/Stormalong Bay made for such a relaxing place to stay. I can understand the people who stay there and end up spending very little time in the parks!

Thanks for the wedding good wishes!

Love your BC pics! They make me even more excited for our first stay there in May.

Congrats on the engagement!

I'm joining in! We were there just a couple of weeks after y'all. :goodvibes October is such a great time to go! And congrats on your engagement! I can't wait to read the story of how that unfolded in the parks. :love: Your pics from Beaches & Cream made me really kick myself for not getting over there for a meal and/or dessert on our trip! I will just have to make sure it has a firm spot on the agenda for next year's trip. The pictures from the BC lobby & pool are just stunning. Franklin is pretty darn talented with that camera!!

Oh, and on our trip, we went to our first Eat to the Beat concerts to see my absolute favorite band, Hanson! Sugar Ray looked like lots of fun too. Unfortunately we were not in Epcot any more evenings that week, so we didn't get to see any of the other performers.

Love your BC pics! They make me even more excited for our first stay there in May.

Congrats on the engagement!

Thank you!!! You will love BC, it is a gorgeous resort with LOTS to do. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! When are you going in May? We'll be at BLT the first week that month.

I'm joining in! We were there just a couple of weeks after y'all. :goodvibes October is such a great time to go! And congrats on your engagement! I can't wait to read the story of how that unfolded in the parks. :love: Your pics from Beaches & Cream made me really kick myself for not getting over there for a meal and/or dessert on our trip! I will just have to make sure it has a firm spot on the agenda for next year's trip. The pictures from the BC lobby & pool are just stunning. Franklin is pretty darn talented with that camera!!

Oh, and on our trip, we went to our first Eat to the Beat concerts to see my absolute favorite band, Hanson! Sugar Ray looked like lots of fun too. Unfortunately we were not in Epcot any more evenings that week, so we didn't get to see any of the other performers.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in on the fun! October has really become our favorite time of year to visit Disney World. The Food and Wine Festival is so much fun and so are the Halloween parties. And I just love :love: the fall decorations in the parks.

You should really plan to pop into Beaches and Cream for lunch one day during your next trip. The food is really yummy and it's a fun restaurant! My only advice would be to go either early in the lunch hour (around 11) or wait until 2ish. Noon and 1 p.m. can get pretty crazy in there.

I've heard many stories about how crazy the Hanson Eat to the Beat concerts can get. Do people really get in line as soon as the World Showcase opens at 11? Sugar Ray was lots of fun, the concerts are just such a fun bonus to the whole Festival.

Missyrose said:
:welcome: Thanks for joining in on the fun! October has really become our favorite time of year to visit Disney World. The Food and Wine Festival is so much fun and so are the Halloween parties. And I just love :love: the fall decorations in the parks.

You should really plan to pop into Beaches and Cream for lunch one day during your next trip. The food is really yummy and it's a fun restaurant! My only advice would be to go either early in the lunch hour (around 11) or wait until 2ish. Noon and 1 p.m. can get pretty crazy in there.

I've heard many stories about how crazy the Hanson Eat to the Beat concerts can get. Do people really get in line as soon as the World Showcase opens at 11? Sugar Ray was lots of fun, the concerts are just such a fun bonus to the whole Festival.

We are usually early eaters so getting there for lunch at 11 shouldn't ever be a problem. Thanks for the advice!

And yes people do line up that early for Hanson! We saw a couple girls at the rope before we were let into world showcase heading over there at 11 am! I love Hanson but I got out of the phase of sitting in line for them all day about 10 years ago. Lol

Missyrose said:
Thank you!!! You will love BC, it is a gorgeous resort with LOTS to do. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! When are you going in May? We'll be at BLT the first week that month.

We're going the day after the kids get out of school - May 25th to June 1st.

I miss the World since we vacationed at Disney's Vero Beach last trip. Don't get me wrong,VB is fantastic but I also love the parks! VB has the laid back beachy vibe which is the opposite of WDW. Both places are fun in their own unique way.

Another busy couple of weeks in our lives. My schedule has now changed again for what I hope is the final time. My new off days are Friday and Saturday, which makes me feel almost like a normal person! :cool1:

In wedding news, we've booked our photographers. Franklin took the lead on this one, asking lots of photography questions that went right over my head (I, on the other hand, got to look at lots of the pretty galleries of photos they brought).

And I said yes to the dress yesterday! After a half-dozen boutiques and 50+ dresses tried, I found THE ONE. We had gone back to one of the first boutiques I had gone to to try on the one dress I had actually loved, but I also wanted to try on some different-shaped dresses that we hadn't tried the first time. It really was that cheesy, movie moment where I put the dress on and just knew. I loved the dress so much that I didn't even need to try on the dress that I had come back specifically to try.

I'd go into more detail, but someone who isn't supposed to know anything before the wedding day, might stumble upon the details. :rolleyes1

YAY for having an almost normal schedule!!! That has got to feel strange, and GOOD. And great timing with the wedding coming up too! Makes planning a whole lot easier I'm sure.

CONGRATS on the dress!!! Oh man, I cannot wait to see pictures! :hyper: How very fun that you had "that moment". I never did when I was wedding dress shopping! :rotfl: I basically went in, tried on 3 and picked one! But, I liked it, and it worked--and it was in my budget! I do wish I would have had more time to hunt around some, to find "it", but all well! May for a future vow renewal. :scratchin

Hi! I'm still here reading along and loving all of Franklin's pictures! :) Can't wait to hear more!

And, I don't want to give anything away, but y'all - Missy's wedding dress is just STUNNING!! :) Her wedding is just going to be amazing!

We are usually early eaters so getting there for lunch at 11 shouldn't ever be a problem. Thanks for the advice!

And yes people do line up that early for Hanson! We saw a couple girls at the rope before we were let into world showcase heading over there at 11 am! I love Hanson but I got out of the phase of sitting in line for them all day about 10 years ago. Lol

I'm all for super-fandom, but sitting in line all day at Epcot seems like such a waste of precious Disney time!

Glad to help on Beaches and Cream, can't wait to hear what you think. :thumbsup2

We're going the day after the kids get out of school - May 25th to June 1st.

I miss the World since we vacationed at Disney's Vero Beach last trip. Don't get me wrong,VB is fantastic but I also love the parks! VB has the laid back beachy vibe which is the opposite of WDW. Both places are fun in their own unique way.

Nice! It should still be fairly quiet in the parks at that point. I'm torn when it comes to VB and Hilton Head. My family has a beach house in Ocean City (Md.) and a vacation home in Longboat Key, Fla., so when it comes to beach/coast vacations we're pretty set (in houses that I absolutely love!). So while I'd like to try those DVC properties, I'd probably save my precious points for WDW/DL/Aulani instead.

YAY for having an almost normal schedule!!! That has got to feel strange, and GOOD. And great timing with the wedding coming up too! Makes planning a whole lot easier I'm sure.

CONGRATS on the dress!!! Oh man, I cannot wait to see pictures! :hyper: How very fun that you had "that moment". I never did when I was wedding dress shopping! :rotfl: I basically went in, tried on 3 and picked one! But, I liked it, and it worked--and it was in my budget! I do wish I would have had more time to hunt around some, to find "it", but all well! May for a future vow renewal. :scratchin

The new schedule is simply amazing. It has felt so incredible to just BE OFF these past two Saturdays. I basically hadn't had a Saturday off that wasn't a vacation day in almost seven years. :scared1: So it's really nice to have a whole day off that's the same as Franklin's and it will make some of this wedding planning so much easier.

Finding the dress was an unbelievable experience. I really didn't think I'd have "the moment" because I'm typically such a logical, level-headed person. But I loooooooove this dress. And truth be told, I may pull the picture out from time to time and just admire the dress. :blush:

So this vow renewal... would it be a Disney vow renewal? Perhaps with all of your bestest Disney friends in attendance????

Hi! I'm still here reading along and loving all of Franklin's pictures! :) Can't wait to hear more!

And, I don't want to give anything away, but y'all - Missy's wedding dress is just STUNNING!! :) Her wedding is just going to be amazing!

Glad you're still here Kel!

Hello friends! It’s been a while, so let’s catch up a bit. We last left off with some truly tasty Food and Wine Festival fun and an Eat to the Beat concert with Sugar Ray.

As the concert let out, I needed to find a bathroom. So I took off and shouted over my shoulder to Franklin that I was heading for Morocco. Except I wasn’t actually heading to Morocco, it was actually Italy and the building just looks like Morocco in the distance. I don’t think I even made it to Italy, I ended up stopping in Germany. So when I came out, I realized I was nowhere near where I had told Franklin to meet me. Where was he?

DSC_0498-L.jpg

In Morocco, right where I told him to meet me. The problem in this scenario was I had left my cellphone in Franklin’s bag to charge, so we had no way to communicate. So I began doing laps in the World Showcase looking for Franklin and he began doing the same. Eventually, we found each other (and thank goodness for my new workout regime that gave me the energy for a few trips around the WS!), but we were now running late for a very important date.

You see, way back when, this trip was supposed to begin on October 6. But the Disney Food Blog announced it would be having its annual Snack Attack party on October 3. I called Franklin from work that day and said that we had enough DVC points for the extra days to extend our trip and it would only cost $50 to change our flights. And what was his response? “Let’s do it.” I love that man, A LOT.

Originally, the party was supposed to be held outside over near England, but some on and off rain forced the party indoors. So we trekked over to the Odyssey building where we would eat, eat, eat and eat some more.

What is the Snack Attack party you ask? AJ, the super-cool goddess in charge of the Disney Food Blog caters a party with all of those iconic Disney World snacks that everyone loves.

DSC_0557-L.jpg

Seriously, this party was amazing. Every Disney snack I had ever hoped to try was under one roof and completely accessible to me.

DSC_0515-L.jpg

DSC_0516-L.jpg

DSC_0517-L.jpg

DSC_0518-L.jpg

Just snacks as far as the eye could see. Oh Disney food, how I love you.

We grabbed a seat and began mingling with lots of fun Disney-loving folks.

DSC_0520-L.jpg

What snacks did we try?

Zebra domes from Animal Kingdom Lodge:

DSC_0502-L.jpg

Red velvet cheesecake cupcakes from Starring Rolls:

DSC_0503-L.jpg

School bread from Norway:

DSC_0504-L.jpg

Carrot cake cookies from Starring Rolls:

DSC_0505-L.jpg

Cupcakes from BabyCakes:

DSC_0506-L.jpg

Butterfinger cupcakes from Starring Rolls and Contempo Cafe:

DSC_0507-L.jpg

Cheesecake brownies from Boardwalk Bakery:

DSC_0508-L.jpg

And here’s our look at our understated plates.

DSC_0514-L.jpg

There were also the more common Disney snacks Mickey bars and popcorn.

My quick review of the snacks... My unexpected favorite was the carrot cake cookie. I’m not all that big a carrot cake fan, but wow, that cookie is just freaking amazing.

Franklin’s favorite was the school bread (he’s a sucker for coconuts).

My most disappointing snack were the BabyCakes cupcakes, I had heard such good things about the vegan cupcakes, but they just weren’t all that flavorful.

Franklin’s most disappointing was the cheesecake brownies from Boardwalk Bakery, he said both the cheesecake and the brownie were dry.

As we all finished eating, AJ rounded everybody up to take us to the Illuminations viewing location. We definitely grabbed some of that delicious Disney popcorn for the show. That’s where we’ll stop for now. But let me tease you by saying Franklin + Preferred Iluminations viewing = Primo fireworks pictures! So let’s hear it friends, after seeing all of those delicious snacks, what is your favorite Disney snack and what Disney snack are you dying to try?

Gosh that snack party looks like so much fun! What an awesome idea to have all the best Disney snacks in one place. I'm with you though, I don't understand the hype over the babycakes cupcakes. I think they are kinda gross. Give me the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the contempo cafe any day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!