Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

Great start! I love that first travel day to Disney. So much ahead of you! We usually have a 7 am departure and LOVE IT!

Someone is really looking forward to seeing those Beach Club pictures!!!

popcorn::

Thanks, everyone for joining in! I hope you enjoy our trip as much as we did. There are plenty of pictures to go through. So, sit back and relax.

Oh, and she had no idea it was coming. :cool1:

Nice job on the stealth proposal! Can't wait to hear all about it!

But now I'm worried about who can possibly photograph your wedding!

Congrats to you both!

Joining in, sounds like a great trip! :thumbsup2

Ugh getting up to get to the airport so early is never fun, but then you remember you're getting up to go to Disney, so it's worth it! I always have trouble sleeping the night before Disney anyway! :rotfl2:

I love the Bambi sweatshirt you're wearing, where did you get that? So cute!

I really want to try the DME someday, but I think I'd feel lost without a rental car! Still, the DME seems like so much fun, I'd love to be immersed in Disney as soon as I got off the plane!

I don't think ANYONE has a goodnights sleep before Disney. I think it's impossible.

Anyway, Congratulations on your engagment. I didn't get engaged there, but I did get married at the POLY.

Your pictures are really GREAT! I can't wait for more. ;)

Great start! :thumbsup2

I'm in for hearing more. So happy I stumbled upon this at the beggining of your report.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in, you're in for quite a ride!

We're on our way! But now I'm wanting to see you with straight hair as I think I've only seen you with curly hair.

Here you go, this is what I normally look like:

DSC3253-L.jpg

I like my hair curly for a few days, but eventually I end up wanting to cut it all off. So it's only curly on tropical vacations.

Yayyyyy for ME!! You're almost there! I can't wait to see the resort!

It was a really happy DME ride. I can't wait for you to see the resort, it was GORGEOUS!

Great start! I love that first travel day to Disney. So much ahead of you! We usually have a 7 am departure and LOVE IT!

Someone is really looking forward to seeing those Beach Club pictures!!!

Nice job on the stealth proposal! Can't wait to hear all about it!

But now I'm worried about who can possibly photograph your wedding!

Congrats to you both!

I hate those early departures from about 5-5:30, after that I just get excited to get to Disney. I looooove having a full first day at Disney.

Your favorite resort was gorgeous! And I think Franklin did an awesome job capturing BC's beauty.

It's going to be difficult for Franklin to turn over the photography reins on the big day. But to make him more comfortable, he'll be in charge of picking the photographer (so he'll be comfortable with who we pick).

Joining in, sounds like a great trip! :thumbsup2

Ugh getting up to get to the airport so early is never fun, but then you remember you're getting up to go to Disney, so it's worth it! I always have trouble sleeping the night before Disney anyway! :rotfl2:

I love the Bambi sweatshirt you're wearing, where did you get that? So cute!

I really want to try the DME someday, but I think I'd feel lost without a rental car! Still, the DME seems like so much fun, I'd love to be immersed in Disney as soon as I got off the plane!

Hi Jen :wave2:, so glad to see you! Your trip is coming up so quickly! The Bambi sweatshirt was from the Disney Artist Collection at Target. It was only $12.99, score!

This was our first trip staying somewhere that is served by only buses (AKL), but we didn't hate it as much as we thought we would. If we had early or late ADRs at other resorts, we typically took a taxi. But the buses weren't bad. And DME really is a great way to start the vacation. :thumbsup2 Though I have to say, the day we rented a car (to go to IOA/US) it was really nice to drive to and from the parks.

I don't think ANYONE has a goodnights sleep before Disney. I think it's impossible.

Anyway, Congratulations on your engagment. I didn't get engaged there, but I did get married at the POLY.

Your pictures are really GREAT! I can't wait for more. ;)

Thank you! Awwww, a wedding at the Poly? That sounds heavenly :cloud9:. Franklin's photos are amazing, I can't wait to show you all more!

Yay! I'm jealous you can leave at 6 for a flight at 8.

We are very lucky to live somewhere where there is two airports nearby. Though JetBlue did kind of mess up our good thing. All of JetBlue's flights to Florida used to fly out of Dulles Airport (which is about 10 minutes from our house) but then a few months ago, JetBlue moved all those flights to National Airport (which is about a half-hour away). Still fairly close, just not quite as convenient a ride.

Oh boy what an exciting morning! I always like to try for those early flights also, because I love having the whole first day too. However that does not make a 5 am wake up call any earlier! :crazy2:

Yay for the Beach Club, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Oh and I LOVE your curly hair, it is so pretty! :goodvibes

Hi Jen , so glad to see you! Your trip is coming up so quickly! The Bambi sweatshirt was from the Disney Artist Collection at Target. It was only $12.99, score!

Ahhh, yes, it's only 13 days away, can't wait! You know, I saw a shirt similar to that in the little girl's section at Target, and I was SO mad they didn't make them for adults, and it turns out they did! Maybe I'll go there tomorrow before the hurricane gets here! :rotfl2:

(Oh, I just followed you on twitter, I feel the need to tell everyone I'm following because I feel like they're not going to know who I am! :rotfl: I'm @minnie_ears!)

Congratulations!! We were in the world 10/11-10/14 to celebrate DH's 50th b-day. Where else to celebrate life's big events?? I think we saw you at MK one day. I've seen your pictures on the DIS. I wanted to come over and say HI- but you guys were having your picture taken by a photopass photographer by the bridge to Tomorrowland. I didn't want to interrupt! DH said you'd think I was a stalker or something going up to a stranger and saying hi, but I told him that if I said hi to a Disser you'd understand!!:)

Oh boy what an exciting morning! I always like to try for those early flights also, because I love having the whole first day too. However that does not make a 5 am wake up call any earlier! :crazy2:

Yay for the Beach Club, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Oh and I LOVE your curly hair, it is so pretty! :goodvibes

Thank you! I love those early flights, but I definitely despise the wake-up call that goes with it. Though it is much easier to bound out of bed when it's time to go to Disney World than when it's time to go to work. :lmao:

Ahhh, yes, it's only 13 days away, can't wait! You know, I saw a shirt similar to that in the little girl's section at Target, and I was SO mad they didn't make them for adults, and it turns out they did! Maybe I'll go there tomorrow before the hurricane gets here! :rotfl2:

(Oh, I just followed you on twitter, I feel the need to tell everyone I'm following because I feel like they're not going to know who I am! :rotfl: I'm @minnie_ears!)

I'm glad you followed me on Twitter so I could follow you right back. I hope you're going to tweet all the fun you're having on your upcoming trip. I hope you guys have a blast!

Thanks for posting the pic. You look beautiful with both hair styles!!

Awwww, thanks! You're making me blush. :flower3:

YAYYYY for arriving! One of the most exciting moments of the vacation!!!

It's always so nice knowing you have all those days at Disney ahead of you!

Congratulations!! We were in the world 10/11-10/14 to celebrate DH's 50th b-day. Where else to celebrate life's big events?? I think we saw you at MK one day. I've seen your pictures on the DIS. I wanted to come over and say HI- but you guys were having your picture taken by a photopass photographer by the bridge to Tomorrowland. I didn't want to interrupt! DH said you'd think I was a stalker or something going up to a stranger and saying hi, but I told him that if I said hi to a Disser you'd understand!!:)

I wish you would have said hi! :wave2: I love Dismeets, especially the spontaneous kind! I hope your DH had a wonderful birthday trip. You guys were lucky, you arrived just after the heat and humidity finally broke.

Hello! I'm here! :wave:

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I am SO excited about your engagement and your ring is just gorgeous (WAY TO GO Frank-a-lin!) :thumbsup2

Waiting patiently for the next update! :lovestruc

Good lookin' out going to bed at a reasonable hour for the trip, now that you actually can!

Man, I wish I could zonk out on a plane, but I just can't! No sleep for me!

20 AP days is pretty impressive! I think the most I clocked one year was 35. Insane! :rotfl2:

Hey Missy :wave2:

Subbing on...lovely beginning...:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear how your trip and engagement story unfold...

You are staying at my two favorite resorts... Beach Club (we just bought a small DVC contract there...:thumbsup2) and the Animal Kingdom ...

BTW ... I think your hair looks pretty both ways -the less curly- wavy way in the picture on the London Eye and the Curly Curly way...

(I am a curly girl... I hated it when I was a little girl... but came to embrace it in my 20s---and didn't turn back... We have Merida now as a princess icon... it doesn't get curlier than that....;)

Looking forward to updates...

I'm in! And congrats! A proposal and a stay at the Beach Club... you've got me hooked! Coming back this weekend when I have some free time to catch up. :upsidedow

Hello! I'm here! :wave:

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I am SO excited about your engagement and your ring is just gorgeous (WAY TO GO Frank-a-lin!) :thumbsup2

Waiting patiently for the next update! :lovestruc

Hi Kel! Thanks for joining in. In case ya'll didn;t know, Kelley and I go waaaaaaaay back. She's going to be one of my bridesmaids and her adorable twin boys are going to be ring bearers in the wedding!

Thanks for your patience waiting for the next chapter, it's coming up next!

Good lookin' out going to bed at a reasonable hour for the trip, now that you actually can!

Man, I wish I could zonk out on a plane, but I just can't! No sleep for me!

20 AP days is pretty impressive! I think the most I clocked one year was 35. Insane! :rotfl2:

It really was lovely to finally get more than a couple of hours of sleep before a Disney trip! It felt like such a luxury.

I'm not one of those people who can zonk out anywhere (Franklin TOTALLY is, however), but early morning flights seem to always put me to sleep. It makes flights go waaaay faster.

35 days?!?! Holy crap! One day, sigh.

Hey Missy :wave2:

Subbing on...lovely beginning...:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear how your trip and engagement story unfold...

You are staying at my two favorite resorts... Beach Club (we just bought a small DVC contract there...:thumbsup2) and the Animal Kingdom ...

BTW ... I think your hair looks pretty both ways -the less curly- wavy way in the picture on the London Eye and the Curly Curly way...

(I am a curly girl... I hated it when I was a little girl... but came to embrace it in my 20s---and didn't turn back... We have Merida now as a princess icon... it doesn't get curlier than that....;)

Looking forward to updates...

:welcome: Thank you so much for joining in! Congrats on your new DVC contract, BCV is AMAZING! We own at BWV and BLT and I thought we were good for a while on points, but I think I found a new goal: Enough BWV points for a yearly 10-day Food and Wine Festival stay in a 1-bedroom villa! Ssssh, don't tell Franklin. :lmao:

Yay for another member of the curly-hair club. I do love my hair because I CAN wear it curly or blown out straight. My little sister is totally the opposite -- her hair is stick straight and even when she curls it, it falls completely straight, like, 10 minutes later. My hair can handle anything! Franklin mentioned that with my hair red again, I could have totally gone to the Halloween party as Merida! Might have to put that idea to use next year!

Congratulations on the engagement.

Can't wait to read all about your trip and see the pictures!

Thank you so, so much! It was such a fun trip. There's lots to tell and thousands of pictures to show.

I'm in! And congrats! A proposal and a stay at the Beach Club... you've got me hooked! Coming back this weekend when I have some free time to catch up. :upsidedow

Yay! So glad you're in! The proposal and these fabulous resorts are fantastic reasons to join in. I'm about to put up the new chapter, I hope you enjoy it!

CONGRATULATIONS, Missy & Franklin!!!!!!

Can't wait to read all about it!

Hi Joyce! So glad to see you here! I just noticed you started your October TR, I'll head over to start reading tonight!

Hello friends! It’s been a long time, far too long! Life has been a little nutso. One month ago today Franklin proposed. Since then, we’ve come home from Disney, found wedding planners, set a wedding date and even have found a wedding venue! That’s right, we didn’t waste any time. You’ve got to remember, I’m an uber-planner, so my Disney trip-planning skills have transitioned nicely to wedding planning.

But between that and my increasingly busy job, I’ve had very little time to be on the Dis. But I’m back and it’s time to kick this trip report back into gear. After all, we’re going back to Disney in a mere 76 days!

We last left off (many moons ago) on Disney’s Magical Express heading toward Beach Club. I was so excited to get to try this resort. I had been able to cobble together three nights at this resort just a couple of months out from the trip (which if you have any experience with DVC, you’ll know is practically impossible to do).

After much anticipation, we finally arrived!

DSC_0288-L.jpg

DSC_0294-L.jpg

We’d been to Beach Club once before, for dinner at Cape May Clambake in March. But this would be the first time we’d get to spend any real time exploring the resort. And let me tell you, we were blown away. It was gorgeous. Very bright and airy.

DSC_0298-L.jpg

DSC_0301-L.jpg

DSC_0304-L.jpg

Luckily, I was the first person off the bus, so we were first to get to the check-in desk. I say luckily because within minutes there was a line of about eight families behind me. Franklin and I had a pretty good strategy, I head for the desk, he waits to get our carry-on from under the bus.

Check in went very smoothly, we even had our requests granted: high floor, overlooking the DVC pool. Our villa wasn’t ready, of course. So our first stop was the restroom so we could both change into warm-weather clothes and bathing suits. I said I’d grab a seat and watch the stuff while Franklin took those beautiful photos you just saw. We were both hungry, but we had to wait for Amy from WeGoShop to deliver our grocery order.

DSC_0308-L.jpg

She showed up just a few minutes later and we were able to stow everything -- our carry-ons and groceries -- with bell services. They also checked to make sure our new Owner’s Locker had arrived, as well as the box of stuff I’d shipped from home.

With everything settled, we headed off to find lunch.

DSC_0313-L.jpg

There was really only one place I would consider for lunch, it somewhere I was dying to try...

DSC_0316-L.jpg

And heading out there, we go to catch our first glimpse of Stormalong Bay. Wow, what a pool!

DSC_0317-L.jpg

The lovely CMs at Beaches and Cream told us it would be a 45-minute wait for a table, but if we wanted to sit at the counter, it would take just a few minutes for them to clean two seats.

Guess which we chose?

DSC_0321-L.jpg

The counter! We were starving (and itching to get out and try that pool!), so we went with the quicker option. The counter seats were fun, mainly because you got to watch them build all the ice cream sundaes!

DSC_0334-L.jpg

Franklin started with a root beer float, I had an iced tea.

DSC_0332-L.jpg

The restaurant is really cute, but it’s really small. I can’t believe Disney hasn’t found a way to expand it, given how popular it is.

DSC_0325-L.jpg

DSC_0326-L.jpg

Franklin went with the bacon cheeseburger and onion rings.

DSC_0337-L.jpg

I had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries.

DSC_0339-L.jpg

The food was truly yummy! It was really a perfect meal to kick-start our vacation.
But you didn’t think we could eat at Beaches and Cream and NOT get dessert, right?

We poured over the dessert menu.

DSC_0340-L.jpg

And I pointed out the different sundaes that people had recommended to me. The one thing we had noticed, most of the sundaes were freaking HUGE! We wanted a sundae, just not a gigantic one. So we went with the brownie sundae, which was a smidge smaller than the rest.

DSC_0341-L.jpg

Yes, it was as delicious as it looks. Our adorable waitress dropped off a to-go iced tea for me when she brought the check.
And I squealed when I saw the Halloween cup!

DSC_0342-L.jpg

With our bellies full, we had a big, bad pool to attend to. But our pool adventure will just have to wait until our next chapter.
Tell me, have you eaten at Beaches and Cream? Which is your favorite sundae?

Congratulations on your engagement!! I am so super happy for you both :goodvibes I have followed your TR's in the past and always kept thinking to myself - when is Franklin going to propose?!!

I would love to stay at Beach Club Villas one day - we've always stayed at BWV and last two trips had views of YC & BC. We ate at Beaches & Cream on our last trip and we had the No Way Jose and you are right - their sundaes are huge! I agree they should expand the restaurant but maybe that's what makes it more popular. Can't wait to see pics of the pool (and what awesome pics Franklin took of the lobby :love:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!