Handicap info

gary in florida

Mouseketeer
We where on a cruise, the Dream, 12/4 4 night.
We had cabin 6090, there was 4 of us, plenty of room
We rented a 3 wheel scooter from Walker Mobility for my wife, the scooter was good and the delivery also and pick up was good.
When we arrived at the terminal, before security check, we asked for and got a wheel chair so we were able to get to check in area using the elevator with the wheel chair and on to the ship
I think because of handicap we our boarding number was the one that the one for current boarding
The scooter was on deck 2, in front of the restaurant
when we go to the room a 1:30, the cabin attendant told us to keep the wheel chair in the cabin so we could use it on getting off the ship
at the muster we were on the deck outside and there was no real problem, just before the muster was over, the CM's would get all handicap to the elevators ahead of other passengers so we would not be stuck in the crowd.
The CM's where great on the cruise with the scooter.
At dinner, my wife would go right to the table with the scooter, the staff would then take the scooter
and park it away from the crowd and bring back the key
After dinner the would retrieve the scooter so my wife could leave the restaurant with no problem
Thru out the cruise the CM's always jumped in to help including the muster
At the shows, as soon as we got to the entrance to the theater, we told the
CM we needed handicap seating. He asked where we would like to sit
We opted for the front. They than called to get someone to take
my wife down on an elevator, and we walked down to save a seat.
There is parking for wheelchair/scooter in the front.
As soon as the show was over, a CM, usually the same one
would appear and take us back to whatever floor we wanted.
On Castaway Cay, the tram staff was great. They made sure that we knew that there was a spot in front of the tram specificity for the scooter when we returned to the ship, it was a distance to walk to the ship from the tram stop.One of us had a walker, the crew called and had a golf cart come and bring us and the walker right to the entrance to the ship
Going off the ship was easy, left the scooter in the cabin and the cabin attendant and we took the wheel chair down off the ship
The porter met us and took us thru customs and up to the garage, then took the
wheel chair back to the terminal.
Again, the trip was good because of the CM's who went out of their way to help.
If anyone as any questions regarding handicap, I would be glad to answer.
I would not hesitate to tell anyone who had a scooter or wheelchair to go on the cruise and enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter