HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hopefully we'll be leaving this weekend. Our son is still sick, but so far no symptoms for me or DD, although he did sneeze right in her face on Sunday! :mad:

We have 5-day parkhoppers and tickets to the MHP on Friday. I can't decide whether to go to the parks starting late Sunday afternoon and just use the party ticket on Friday, or go Mon - Fri. We won't be able to get in until 4:00 with the party ticket, right?
Yup...the party on Friday starts at 7:00 pm, so MHP tickets will be valid for entry into DL starting at 4:00 pm. There will be long(ish) line of guests waiting to get into the park at 4:00 pm using their MHP ticket, but I would hope that the line will move fairly quickly.

Well, hopefully we'll be leaving this weekend. Our son is still sick, but so far no symptoms for me or DD, although he did sneeze right in her face on Sunday! :mad:

We have 5-day parkhoppers and tickets to the MHP on Friday. I can't decide whether to go to the parks starting late Sunday afternoon and just use the party ticket on Friday, or go Mon - Fri. We won't be able to get in until 4:00 with the party ticket, right?

briggscreek --

Well, sneezing in her face was definitely not a good thing. If that happened just 2 days ago, it is possible your DD could still begin to get sick. In another couple of days, if she hasn't gotten ill then she is probably off the hook. Maybe your son was out of the highly contagious stage when he sneezed, although sneezing in someone's face is never a good thing! Being at Disneyland when feeling ill is no fun at all -- it's very hard to have a good time -- so I am crossing my fingers for you in hopes that your son gets better and no one else in your family gets sick!

Correct -- you will not be able to get into a Friday MHP until 4 p.m.

briggscreek --

Well, sneezing in her face was definitely not a good thing. If that happened just 2 days ago, it is possible your DD could still begin to get sick. In another couple of days, if she hasn't gotten ill then she is probably off the hook. Maybe your son was out of the highly contagious stage when he sneezed, although sneezing in someone's face is never a good thing! Being at Disneyland when feeling ill is no fun at all -- it's very hard to have a good time -- so I am crossing my fingers for you in hopes that your son gets better and no one else in your family gets sick!

Correct -- you will not be able to get into a Friday MHP until 4 p.m.

Ugh, I know - I couldn't believe it, we had just talked about covering his face, using tissue, etc. I was not happy! I've been loading dd up with immune boosters so hopefully she'll be ok. And it seems like a mild cold so I'm sure he'll be fi e by then. I did buy trip insurance though, and we won't go if anyone is sick. We had a horrible experience a few years ago when dd got sick the night we arrived! It traumatized me and I'm always paranoid that it will happen again.

I just wanted to say hi :wave2: over here on this thread. We just bought tickets for the Sept 30 party today. We'll be in San Diego that week and are just going to drive up for the party. Just realized that this was a possibility this morning and within a couple hours of that realization had bought tickets. I think I'm more excited than my girls are! :dance3:

I actually have a weird question. Since I bought the tickets so late, they told me I'll need to pick them up at the ticket booth. I hear that there is a ticket booth at the Toy Story lot (where we'll be parking), can I pick up the party tickets there?

Only two weeks from Friday until we're at DLR for our first MHP! Now if only this weather would cooperate. 100 degrees when we're supposed to be celebrating Halloween is just not right! Yuck. :sad2:

I just wanted to say hi :wave2: over here on this thread. We just bought tickets for the Sept 30 party today. We'll be in San Diego that week and are just going to drive up for the party. Just realized that this was a possibility this morning and within a couple hours of that realization had bought tickets. I think I'm more excited than my girls are! :dance3:

I actually have a weird question. Since I bought the tickets so late, they told me I'll need to pick them up at the ticket booth. I hear that there is a ticket booth at the Toy Story lot (where we'll be parking), can I pick up the party tickets there?
I don't think they have any booths in the parking lots. There is a will call ticket booth.

Ugh, I know - I couldn't believe it, we had just talked about covering his face, using tissue, etc. I was not happy! I've been loading dd up with immune boosters so hopefully she'll be ok. And it seems like a mild cold so I'm sure he'll be fi e by then. I did buy trip insurance though, and we won't go if anyone is sick. We had a horrible experience a few years ago when dd got sick the night we arrived! It traumatized me and I'm always paranoid that it will happen again.

briggscreek --

Well, at least the insurance is in place, so that is something.

I am always amazed at the people who manage to make it through trips to DL when someone in their party gets sick. It really is such a difficult thing to deal with because you just can't enjoy yourself fully when not feeling well.

I am lucky to have not gotten ill in the middle of more than a couple of trips over the years (after I got home from many trips, however, that was a different story), but the last time I did, just recognizing those early signs of being ill while in the parks was so discouraging for me. I tried to fight it off but I ended up resting in the hotel room and wasting most of my last full day. And that illness turned into a 2-month ordeal for me, so I know what you mean when you say you are paranoid it will happen again! I am so paranoid to even be in the vicinity of anyone I know who is sick!

starshine514 --

:wave: :wave: Hello and welcome!

I could be totally and completely wrong, but I would have assumed the tickets have to be picked up at the main ticket booths near the parks, unless you were directed to go to a specific, separate will call window or something.

However, if the booth in the TS lot (which I have not heard of) is a full-service ticket booth with all of the trappings of the other booths, and if they have a computer system in place (to pull up your order), I can't see why the TS booth wouldn't work.

Let us know what happens with that -- I will be curious to know if the TS lot booth is a viable option for the future!

Only two weeks from Friday until we're at DLR for our first MHP! Now if only this weather would cooperate. 100 degrees when we're supposed to be celebrating Halloween is just not right! Yuck. :sad2:

elamarca --

You are not kidding! I hate hate hate this heat. I don't even like this heat in the peak of summer, let alone close to autumn. I want Fall-like weather! It's been too hot for the last several days, and being at DLR in heat like this is not fun. Being at the MHP, in costume, in this heat would be horrible!

I don't think they have any booths in the parking lots. There is a will call ticket booth.

Kilala --

I didn't think I had heard of a booth anywhere outside of the main ticket booth area, but I assumed I had just not seen it (because when I am at DLR I am usually not in the Toy Story lot)! Maybe there is one??:confused3

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and finally decided to pop my head up because I need some expert advice :)

We're visiting the last week of October. We'll have 5 day hoppers and do most of our park days during the week--but in order to see Fantasmic and/or fireworks, we'll need to visit DL either Saturday 10/26 or Sunday 10/27. I'm going back and forth between the two days, and which one would be better (less crowded). My first instinct is Sunday would be less busy, especially at night, because locals would have work/school the next day. Then I think perhaps Saturday would be less busy because the SoCal Select APs are blocked that day.

Anyone with insight please help!!

Thanks

Us too! And yeah I've been watching the extended extended weather reports with trepidation. It's still far enough out it's hard to know anything with anything close to certainty, but right now it looks pretty toasty.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and finally decided to pop my head up because I need some expert advice :)

We're visiting the last week of October. We'll have 5 day hoppers and do most of our park days during the week--but in order to see Fantasmic and/or fireworks, we'll need to visit DL either Saturday 10/26 or Sunday 10/27. I'm going back and forth between the two days, and which one would be better (less crowded). My first instinct is Sunday would be less busy, especially at night, because locals would have work/school the next day. Then I think perhaps Saturday would be less busy because the SoCal Select APs are blocked that day.

Anyone with insight please help!!

Thanks

francileb --

Welcome!:wave: I'm glad you joined us!:cool1:

Well, this is a tough call. Hopefully others will speak up as well, but when I think it through I have a feeling that most people would suggest going on Saturday because of the SoCal APs being blocked.

However, your point about the locals (and some non-locals too) having to go to work or school the next day and possibly leaving before nighttime is a good one as well. There would probably be a good number of people leaving before nighttime.

My own choice (if I were going over your dates) likely would have been Sunday, but I keep thinking that others will say to go on Saturday.

That might be what I would need. Thanks!

starshine514 --

:wave: :wave: Hello and welcome!

I could be totally and completely wrong, but I would have assumed the tickets have to be picked up at the main ticket booths near the parks, unless you were directed to go to a specific, separate will call window or something.

However, if the booth in the TS lot (which I have not heard of) is a full-service ticket booth with all of the trappings of the other booths, and if they have a computer system in place (to pull up your order), I can't see why the TS booth wouldn't work.

Let us know what happens with that -- I will be curious to know if the TS lot booth is a viable option for the future!

I'll report back what I find. :thumbsup2

On HMH, I'm probably going to get myself into trouble, but...

Am I the only one who thinks the "iron maiden" with an impaled zombie is a bit...MUCH for Disney? HMH strikes me as fun scary, not gory scary.

Am I the only one who thinks the "iron maiden" with an impaled zombie is a bit...MUCH for Disney? HMH strikes me as fun scary, not gory scary.

You're not the only one, Jennafoo!

When I first heard that was what was happening with HMH this year, I have to admit that I, too, thought it was a bit...um...dark, I suppose. It doesn't seem like a concept Disney would go for -- even though it's done with a lot of whimsy and fun (and gingerbread)!

You're not the only one, Jennafoo!

When I first heard that was what was happening with HMH this year, I have to admit that I, too, thought it was a bit...um...dark, I suppose. It doesn't seem like a concept Disney would go for -- even though it's done with a lot of whimsy and fun (and gingerbread)!

I agree that it sounded over the top for Disney, however, I don't think the pictures or video makes it look at bad... I think it looks more like candy corn. :)

I had to finally go to YouTube to see this year's Disneyland Halloween Time TV commercial, as I had not yet seen it on TV (not even on ABC)! Now that I have seen it I realize that it looks almost identical to last year's TV ad (and the one from 2012), but I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't seen it anywhere.

:banana:

I agree that it sounded over the top for Disney, however, I don't think the pictures or video makes it look at bad... I think it looks more like candy corn. :)

pudinhd --

The spikes are probably made with some sort of candy!

I have deduced that the Toontown pre-party will take place again this year. I didn't get any information from an insider. I didn't find some official announcement in an obscure place. I did see some data Disney officially published, and logically extrapolated from it, that the party will take place.

Care to guess exactly what I saw?

You're definitely not the only one! I agree with you. I had the same thoughts when I first saw the iron maiden gingerbread man, but since this will be my first time seeing HMH, I wasn't sure if that was typical. But then again I also thought Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy's ghosts weren't Disney's style either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter