HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagejpg1_zpsdb733bf9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpg1_zpsdb733bf9.jpg.html

Not the best picture but just finished and wanted to show everyone. My little's will be excited when they get home!

Sorry its so big, first time posting a picture.

Thanks for the link Sherry.

I saw most of those items at the parks this past trip and all of them were very nice for the Halloween season. I was able to purchase the Mickey Hatbox Ghost popcorn bucket which i didn't get last year. It was interesting to see the Mickey Ghost Popcorn bucket at DCA where I didn't see it at DL. The Maleficent Dragon Sipper looked nice but I didn't buy one. The one that I was surprised that I didn't see during the trip was the Zero popcorn bucket.

- momof6princesses

The dresses are adorable!!! You'll get some great pics with them dressed so cute.

The parks would normally be open to regular guests until 6 pm that day, which means so would the ride. They are showing the ride closing at 5pm, which would leave the reasonable assumption that Toontown is being closed early for the pre-party/party guests only.

Ah! Thank you! I knew I was missing something....

The sipper actually looks much better than I thought it would. I read about it last week, I think, and I had a different image in my mind of what it would look like...which was not as good as what it turned out to be! I have a feeling the sippers will be a big hit this year.

Hopefully the won't sell out before we get there! It is high on my must-get list, along with the Jack Alex & Ani bracelet.

this forum has a lot to answer for:rolleyes1

cause I am getting a costume for the Not so scarey party heaven help us :rotfl2:

at least no one will know us

I'm very curious about the "Novelty" items as well! The dragon sipper looks interested...it looks like the same one that's being given to guests attending the Villains Soiree in Disney World. My favorite item in the post is the Zero popcorn bucket, so hopefully they'll have them when I go (and they'll be selling them - not like last year when they weren't selling that Hatbox Ghost one day for one particular reason.).

The Hatbox Ghost popcorn bucket is interesting...it's the same design as last year, but if the photo is of the actual bucket (and not an concept one), the colors have changed. My Hatbox Mickey from 2013 has blue hair and a dark blue hat (see the photo below):
DSC_0644_1_zpsb753dbc5.jpg

This year's Hatbox looks like has white/grey hair, hands, shoes, and hat.

Just got back and the heat was horrible..,over 100 everyday...Sunday 104!! Halloween stuff looked amazing...but it was just toooooo hot. It was like that everyday we were there!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/passholder-halloween/

In this special Passholder area, you’ll get to watch ongoing screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics and enjoy a tasty treat.
No registration is required. Just present your valid Annual Passport and a Mickey's Halloween Party wristband valid for that day’s party to the Cadaver—make that Cast Member—at the door.

Note: Each member of your party over age 3 must have a valid Annual Passport and a Mickey’s Halloween Party wristband for admittance to this Passholder area.

Separate tickets to Mickey’ Halloween Party are required. Purchase your tickets now.

Disneyland Park – the Opera House at Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.

Dates:
This Annual Passholder treat station is open on all 14 nights of Mickey’s Halloween Party this year:
September 26 and September 30
October 3, 6, 8, 10, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 31

Time:
Doors open when the party starts (6:00 PM or 7:00 PM depending on the date) and close 1 hour before the party ends.

That sounds interesting! The Opera House was used a treat trail location last year, but I don't recall seeing Halloween-classics showing. It was a great station because it was very conveniently located while waiting for the parade!

Someone remind me please... that Sally coffin dessert mentioned in the blog post... that would probably be at French Market, right?

Is there a list of locations for that Maleficent cup somewhere?

Going alone this year and those announcements have slightly mixed up my scheduled eating plan cause three people have already asked me to bring them a cup as souvenir. :D

Someone remind me please... that Sally coffin dessert mentioned in the blog post... that would probably be at French Market, right?

Is there a list of locations for that Maleficent cup somewhere?

Going alone this year and those announcements have slightly mixed up my scheduled eating plan cause three people have already asked me to bring them a cup as souvenir. :D

Vala --

The Sally Coffin Cake is at the French Market, according to my Disney Visa newsletter.

Look under Souvenir Sipper -- HERE.

:dancer::dancer:

I'm going down on the 30th just for the day and party. I figure by the time I get in from the airport and buy my AP, I should be in DL by 9:30. I'm going for the party and pictures, b/c when I was down there last time they didn't come out well. Aside from pics, I really want to stop in the Big Thunder Ranch for the stuff going on there and the pre-party, b/c I did the UE Tour and missed it last time. That should be enough time right? Outside of Space (FP 1st thing in the morning), rides aren't important; mostly if I have time and b/c I'll be back mid-Nov.

And I looked at the update pics on the other site and saw there isn't really anything going on in DCA for Halloween so can I just stick to DL or is there some stuff in DCA too?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/passholder-halloween/ In this special Passholder area, you’ll get to watch ongoing screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics and enjoy a tasty treat. No registration is required. Just present your valid Annual Passport and a Mickey's Halloween Party wristband valid for that day’s party to the Cadaver—make that Cast Member—at the door. Note: Each member of your party over age 3 must have a valid Annual Passport and a Mickey’s Halloween Party wristband for admittance to this Passholder area. Separate tickets to Mickey’ Halloween Party are required. Purchase your tickets now. Location: Disneyland Park – the Opera House at Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. Dates: This Annual Passholder treat station is open on all 14 nights of Mickey’s Halloween Party this year: September 26 and September 30 October 3, 6, 8, 10, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29 and 31 Time: Doors open when the party starts (6:00 PM or 7:00 PM depending on the date) and close 1 hour before the party ends.

This sounds interesting. My family of 6 has APs, but the people we are traveling with do not, so we'll have to wait and see if there is a gracious way to sneak this treat station in. It's the first AP "event' of any kind, we've actually been there for!

I'm very curious about the "Novelty" items as well! The dragon sipper looks interested...it looks like the same one that's being given to guests attending the Villains Soiree in Disney World. My favorite item in the post is the Zero popcorn bucket, so hopefully they'll have them when I go (and they'll be selling them - not like last year when they weren't selling that Hatbox Ghost one day for one particular reason.).

The Hatbox Ghost popcorn bucket is interesting...it's the same design as last year, but if the photo is of the actual bucket (and not an concept one), the colors have changed. My Hatbox Mickey from 2013 has blue hair and a dark blue hat (see the photo below):
DSC_0644_1_zpsb753dbc5.jpg

This year's Hatbox looks like has white/grey hair, hands, shoes, and hat.

When I picked up the Hatbox Ghost popcorn bucket from my trip, I got the white hat and white hair and then later on at another stand, they had the one with the blue hat and blue hair. That was weird to see two different types at the parks.

The 2014 Hatbox Ghost Popcorn bucket

I'm going down on the 30th just for the day and party. I figure by the time I get in from the airport and buy my AP, I should be in DL by 9:30. I'm going for the party and pictures, b/c when I was down there last time they didn't come out well. Aside from pics, I really want to stop in the Big Thunder Ranch for the stuff going on there and the pre-party, b/c I did the UE Tour and missed it last time. That should be enough time right? Outside of Space (FP 1st thing in the morning), rides aren't important; mostly if I have time and b/c I'll be back mid-Nov.

And I looked at the update pics on the other site and saw there isn't really anything going on in DCA for Halloween so can I just stick to DL or is there some stuff in DCA too?

kim3339 --

From all that I have seen, the only things even remotely related to Halloween in DCA this year are the Halloween-ified version of the Mad T Party, the sourdough bread shaped like a pumpkin at the bread cart in Pacific Wharf, and the free samples of pumpkin chocolate given out at Ghirardelli (of course, there is Halloween merchandise in shops too)!

I think you should have enough time for what you plan to do. The Halloween Carnival (Ranch/Roundup) is a lot of fun, but it won't take all day. I'd basically do the same sort of thing that you're doing -- pictures, the Carnival and maybe a ride on HMH (instead of SMGG), and then the MHP.

Don't forget to visit the Dia de los Muertos display and the Ray Bradbury Halloween Tree!

I actually DID see the DL Halloween Time ad on TV. I think it was Monday or Tuesday evening....not sure what network....(ABC, likely). We just got back, so it was fun seeing the ad after seeing the real thing!
:happytv: :woohoo:

When I picked up the Hatbox Ghost popcorn bucket from my trip, I got the white hat and white hair and then later on at another stand, they had the one with the blue hat and blue hair. That was weird to see two different types at the parks.
Interesting! Maybe the blue haired/hat ones are leftover from last year. It'll be interesting to see if those are available throughout the season or if they run out at some point. I'm hoping they'll have the white haired/hat one when I go (and the Zero bucket!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter