Halloweentime 1st timers here!! Sept 2023

Team Happy Haunts

Earning My Ears
So I debated doing this because it just seems like social media is more of where it's at now a days. I post on a few different Disney facebook groups and watch tons of Disney vlogs on youtube (and also plan to do that myself) Buttttt..... after much thinking about it, here I am. I went to Disney in 2009 and made a PTR and TR here and I can still go see it and read through it if I want to. The planning of it all and all the little things I forgot about made it one of my favorite souvenirs. It's so priceless that it still sits out there somewhere for me to reference when I want to. My kids were so little and it's so special to read back on the things they would say, think and do while getting ready for, and going on our Disney trip. Now, here is where my life differs. I was married to my daughters' father back in that lifetime.. haha different life to say the least and that is literally all I will say about that haha. (also why I don't like to read through too much of it and look at those pictures) Sooooo

Fast Forward to where I am now and whos going on this super trip!! We also went in 2021 During covid, so I will post lots of pictures of from that trip throughout this pre trip. Randy and I have been together since 2018 and got married in July 2019 and then bought our first together home that following month. We knew each other before as well, so it was just all amazing!!

This upcoming September trip will be, myself obviously, my name is Pam, my husband and best friend, Randy and my daughter Lizzy. She is 21 and has Autism and she is the best and most caring little person we all know.

ME!!! I am a Newborn photographer and my husband built me a mobile studio that we drive to our new families with and they LOVE IT. I photograph families and children also, especially around Christmastime and Fall for those beautiful colors on the trees. Lizzy works as my assistant and Randy drives the mobile studio while we are out on our newborn sessions. I have 3 daughters, Emma (23), Lizzy (21) and Sam (19) I love vacationing and most of all to Disney and am so over the top excited about going back soon. Favorite thing ever..... HAUNTED MANSION and cannot wait to ride it during the Halloween Party
4D0C6F81-C6EE-428E-B849-413D7E789F16.jpeg

RANDY!!! Truly my best friend. I love this guy with everything in my heart and soul. He owns his own Appliance Repair company and I run the home office for that as well. We are a true partnership in both of our jobs. He's the best dad and step dad I could ever want my daughters to be a part of and treats mine as he does his own. He has given all of our daughter's a man to look up to and set standards with. I tell our 5 daughters, If you meet a man that can't live up to dad, PASSSSS him up. He has twin daughters who just turned 18, they are the youngest of our 5. They are Emily and Macenzie. All of our girls still live here and know they are supported until they achieve what they wish for and go fly their big wings. I'm so glad Randy loved our Disney vacation the first time around and can't wait to go back either.

D2B33303-6075-4E32-A0ED-1B9697A07EAC.jpeg

LIZZY!!! Truly the most caring, loving and giving human being I know. She LOVES LOVES LOVES Disney! She is Autistic and life is usually a fight but she is always positive, motivated and willing to try new and different things. This morning as I type this she is with her Aunt, who is taking a make up class for work and is using Lizzy as her model. Lizzy was so excited to do this, and this is the picture I will attach today! She LOVES Princesses, Tiana is one of her favorites. She also loves Winnie the Pooh, Mickey and Minnie, and as I'm typing I'm thinking of a hundred others, so yea, she literally is just a lover of all things Disney. What she can't wait for? Riding in the Disney busses!!

9B7CE7FD-7509-4221-98C8-54B31F6482DA.jpeg

Now, here is the rest of our crew. They won't be going on this trip but they will of course be a good part of the PTR as, well, they live here and they're around haha. The twins are starting their senior year in September and get to do their whole 12th grade year at our Community College, so they are very excited about that. They'll earn credits before they even begin their first year of college. (What I don't understand about them...they're not huge Disney fans, haha you can tell I didn't raise them from birth) Emma, the oldest has a boyfriend of 4 years and they actually go to Disney with his mom every year. and Sam is going to Disney, staying at All Star Movies for a week in May with her boyfriend and his family, so I will definitely post pictures from that week as she sends them. She will be there Memorial day week and that is also my Birthday so she felt bad. I told her omg, no don't you feel bad, you just bring mama a nice Disney souvenir haha. My PTR will include lots of fun Disney pictures so it should be exciting while we wait.

1DE5B7BF-8CBF-4F71-AC87-48B40D6408AD.jpeg
So, now that you know who is who, who's going and who's not, we'll get on with the plans. Now let me preface to say. I had a hard time booking this without the whole family. This will be our first trip with just one of our daughters. I know this happens as they get older, go to college, they all have steady boyfriends, jobs etc.. but, it still felt sad and weird. Randy and I are starting to feel a little better about it as we know this is a part of getting older, them growing up and us doing things without all. The 4 girls have boyfriends, jobs and go to school. They experience all of the good things that come with being teens/young adults and growing up. They're all such great young ladies and are truly very good, we are so lucky. I know we put a lot of work in to help them to this point but, I know we're lucky. Lizzy, has a hard time making friends, (no to get too personal in her life, but unfortunately part of the Autism territory) but just trying to get out of my brain what helps me feel better about just taking her haha. She misses out on a lot of "normal" experiences she sees her sisters get, so dangit this trip is FOR HER!!! And she is sooo excited. I did make a video of our scavenger hunt when we surprised her with the trip. I'll hopefully be able to get that uploaded here eventually as well, because it is too cute. I need to condense it on my video editing app first as it's in bits and pieces right now. We booked this trip in January and kept it secret for a few months so she didn't have too too long to wait, but for her, it still feels so far away.

We are coming from Rhode Island and Flying Southwest to MCO on September 12-19.
Staying at All Star Movies preferred, and requested the Toy Story Building as both Lizzy and I LOVE Toy Story.
We got the stay and dine deal (forgot the actual name) for a $50 dining credit per night, so I was excited about that. I asked if at check in, that whole $350 is available right up front or does it accumulate night by night and she wasn't sure. So I will post more on that when we check in and find out for anyone else wondering as well.
We have 1 day in each park booked and made our park reservations according to last years MNSSHP dates and park hours. Will tweak if need be when party dates get released.
"Patiently" waiting to purchase MNSSHP tickets, and we are so excited to do that. Never been around Halloween time and can't wait to see the decorations. Randy is super excited to get to be in the park at night and enjoy the Magic Kingdom while beating the daytime heat.
We added the photo pass to our package

Our park day plans are to head there in the morning, do lunch and then hop on a bus back to our resort for a few hours to swim, get some AC time and relax before heading back until park close. Don't want to over do it for anyone with that mid day sun at it's strongest. We have 2 days with no parks and plan to trail out into Orlando. We plan to rent a car mid week for just a few days.

So that is us and our plans. I have so many fun things to talk about and want to dump it all into this post like verbal diarrhea because that's what I do best haha, but I am going to spread it out and make it much more pleasant for my readers. Well, if you end up following me, welcome and thank you!! We're all here to have some fun and get excited.

Oh, I would also like to add (see, I just can't stop) when we were there together in 2021 there were NO parades, NO fireworks, no shows and of course ALL masks ALL the time. So we are so excited to get to experience all the good things that weren't available on our last trip and also have great photopass pictures without the darn masks this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
OUR TENTATIVE PLAN FOR THE WEEK

So, because I'm a planner, this part is very exciting, and fun for me... Sometimes I end up with some lingering anxiety from it but don't we all? My husband says " and you like this" haha, um yes I do. So, I'm trying to make this more enjoyable than stressful. See.. I tend to worry about all the things big and small that could go wrong. I am working on that for this trip, I really am. I looked at last year's park hours and MNSSHP dates and went by that to make my park reservations, hence why they're tentative plans of course. I will tweak as needed when we get our actual party dates and park hours.

I want to do a little bit at a time with the daily plans and not go crazy because we have plenty of time. I'd like to stretch out the planning haha. So here's what we have along with SOME details. I'm going to make some more in depth plans for each park day. I have never been in the heat like this so that has been kept in mind. I have been in May before and we had a few 90 degree days but the humidity wasn't bad.

So here were are. I've been making my list of restaurants and will put those in a separate post, we are doing primarily quick serve as Randy and I cannot fathom eating big meals and walking around and Lizzy has fun stomach and food issues to deal with.

Tuesday 9/12: Flight leaves Rhode Island at 1:55pm and lands in Orlando at 4:55pm. (Mears or rental car)
Head straight for All Star Movies. Doing online check in and looks like I'll have my room number right in
the app and we can go straight to our room. I'm hoping to get suitcases in and have a delivery of some
sort come with goods like water, room snacks, protein bars, etc. Now here's where I would like to take
the bus to MK and then get on the monorail and go over to the Poly and have some Capt Cooks for
dinner and check out that resort. Butttt, I'm not sure if that plan sounds doable because we're at the
mercy of getting out of the airport, to the resort AND getting our delivery in a timely fashion. If anyone
would like to weigh in on that I'd appreciate any input.

Wednesday 9/13: Magic Kingdom day!! Plan is to go for opening, get what we can in before it starts to get too
hot mid day. We'll then have lunch in the park before heading back to the hotel for a swim/rest.
After that, we'll head back around 4 or so for the night and have dinner there.

Thursday 9/14: Today we'll get a shuttle to the Care care center in Disney and pick up a rental car for a few days
If we don't decide to just grab one at the airport to have for the week. We're going to get out and
explore Orlando for a few hours. We're going to have lunch at Cracker Barrell and go to Ripley's
Believe it or not museum. It is something Lizzy wants to do so bad and we don't have one near us.
After we head back to the hotel we'll get ready to head to Disney Springs! We'll do some shopping,
Dinner at Earl of Sandwich is a must do because it's my absolute favorite. We'll get some goodies from
Goofy's, Gideon's or both haha.

Friday 9/15: We will rope drop Animal Kingdom and spend our day there until 1-2ish. We'll eat lunch there and
then head back to Movies for a swim and some AC. Maybe nap if we can because this night is for
MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!! We can get in for 4 with our ticket and we cannot wait.
We will most likely get there for more like 5-6 so we can make sure we get enough rest during the
afternoon. Looking forward to the parade, fireworks, stage shows and the special treats

Saturday 9/16: Non park day so we can sleep in after the late night party. This is the day we do not have a day time
plan for yet, so we'll either keep it open but I'm sure my brain can't do that, I will think of something.
Randy is excited about taking another drive to explore something else nearby Orlando, so we'll see.
This night is for the Boardwalk. I'd like to have dinner over there and then some Ice Cream. Play
mini golf. We'll walk over from BW. We'd also like to walk over to Epcot and take a ride on the
Skyliner. Not making a solid plan for that yet, as Lizzy thinks she will be too scared to get on. So
I told her no pressure, it doesn't matter if we don't ride, we'll take a look at them and see how you
feel about it once we're there.

Sunday 9/17: EPCOT day!! I absolutely love love Epcot. So today's plan will look like our MK day. Early morning
to mid day, have lunch and then head back to the hotel. Head back for 4ish and stay until close.

Monday 9/18: Hollywood Studios! Lizzy's favorite park. Again, same morning, break and back for the night plan.
Fantasmic is a definite for this night

Tuesday 9/19: We're not even close to leaving for this vacation yet and it makes me sad just typing in this date
We chose an early morning flight out so we could just get it done. Leaving Disney to go back hurts,
so I figured leaving first thing is like pulling a bandaid off. It's still going to sting, but get it done.

So, these plans are just park days planned out without much details yet. Those are to come. I'll end up doing each day at a time in separate posts. I've been watching a lot of vlogs and storing info in my brain about good plans of attack for each park haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo

OUR TENTATIVE PLAN FOR THE WEEK

So, because I'm a planner, this part is very exciting, and fun for me... Sometimes I end up with some lingering anxiety from it but don't we all? My husband says " and you like this" haha, um yes I do. So, I'm trying to make this more enjoyable than stressful. See.. I tend to worry about all the things big and small that could go wrong. I am working on that for this trip, I really am. I looked at last year's park hours and MNSSHP dates and went by that to make my park reservations, hence why they're tentative plans of course. I will tweak as needed when we get our actual party dates and park hours.

I want to do a little bit at a time with the daily plans and not go crazy because we have plenty of time. I'd like to stretch out the planning haha. So here's what we have along with SOME details. I'm going to make some more in depth plans for each park day. I have never been in the heat like this so that has been kept in mind. I have been in May before and we had a few 90 degree days but the humidity wasn't bad.

So here were are. I've been making my list of restaurants and will put those in a separate post, we are doing primarily quick serve as Randy and I cannot fathom eating big meals and walking around and Lizzy has fun stomach and food issues to deal with.

Tuesday 9/12: Flight leaves Rhode Island at 1:55pm and lands in Orlando at 4:55pm. (Mears or rental car)
Head straight for All Star Movies. Doing online check in and looks like I'll have my room number right in
the app and we can go straight to our room. I'm hoping to get suitcases in and have a delivery of some
sort come with goods like water, room snacks, protein bars, etc. Now here's where I would like to take
the bus to MK and then get on the monorail and go over to the Poly and have some Capt Cooks for
dinner and check out that resort. Butttt, I'm not sure if that plan sounds doable because we're at the
mercy of getting out of the airport, to the resort AND getting our delivery in a timely fashion. If anyone
would like to weigh in on that I'd appreciate any input.

Wednesday 9/13: Magic Kingdom day!! Plan is to go for opening, get what we can in before it starts to get too
hot mid day. We'll then have lunch in the park before heading back to the hotel for a swim/rest.
After that, we'll head back around 4 or so for the night and have dinner there.

Thursday 9/14: Today we'll get a shuttle to the Care care center in Disney and pick up a rental car for a few days
If we don't decide to just grab one at the airport to have for the week. We're going to get out and
explore Orlando for a few hours. We're going to have lunch at Cracker Barrell and go to Ripley's
Believe it or not museum. It is something Lizzy wants to do so bad and we don't have one near us.
After we head back to the hotel we'll get ready to head to Disney Springs! We'll do some shopping,
Dinner at Earl of Sandwich is a must do because it's my absolute favorite. We'll get some goodies from
Goofy's, Gideon's or both haha.

Friday 9/15: We will rope drop Animal Kingdom and spend our day there until 1-2ish. We'll eat lunch there and
then head back to Movies for a swim and some AC. Maybe nap if we can because this night is for
MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!! We can get in for 4 with our ticket and we cannot wait.
We will most likely get there for more like 5-6 so we can make sure we get enough rest during the
afternoon. Looking forward to the parade, fireworks, stage shows and the special treats

Saturday 9/16: Non park day so we can sleep in after the late night party. This is the day we do not have a day time
plan for yet, so we'll either keep it open but I'm sure my brain can't do that, I will think of something.
Randy is excited about taking another drive to explore something else nearby Orlando, so we'll see.
This night is for the Boardwalk. I'd like to have dinner over there and then some Ice Cream. Play
mini golf. We'll walk over from BW. We'd also like to walk over to Epcot and take a ride on the
Skyliner. Not making a solid plan for that yet, as Lizzy thinks she will be too scared to get on. So
I told her no pressure, it doesn't matter if we don't ride, we'll take a look at them and see how you
feel about it once we're there.

Sunday 9/17: EPCOT day!! I absolutely love love Epcot. So today's plan will look like our MK day. Early morning
to mid day, have lunch and then head back to the hotel. Head back for 4ish and stay until close.

Monday 9/18: Hollywood Studios! Lizzy's favorite park. Again, same morning, break and back for the night plan.
Fantasmic is a definite for this night

Tuesday 9/19: We're not even close to leaving for this vacation yet and it makes me sad just typing in this date
We chose an early morning flight out so we could just get it done. Leaving Disney to go back hurts,
so I figured leaving first thing is like pulling a bandaid off. It's still going to sting, but get it done.

So, these plans are just park days planned out without much details yet. Those are to come. I'll end up doing each day at a time in separate posts. I've been watching a lot of vlogs and storing info in my brain about good plans of attack for each park haha.
On your non-park day, I would suggest checking out Kennedy Space Center. Its not to far from Orlando. There is a ton of other things to do like Icon Park near Universal and Wonderworks. There is a ton of fun things to do in Orlando. I think this sounds like a great plan. I can't wait to read more.
P.S I had to register an account just to reply to your post. :)

On your non-park day, I would suggest checking out Kennedy Space Center. Its not to far from Orlando. There is a ton of other things to do like Icon Park near Universal and Wonderworks. There is a ton of fun things to do in Orlando. I think this sounds like a great plan. I can't wait to read more.
P.S I had to register an account just to reply to your post. :)

Thank you so much!!! And how fun you registered to post here woohoo!! I’m excited!! Kennedy space hmm. I forgot about that. Thanks for the great advice

I don't normally respond to these posts, but I made a few suggestions in your what's the closest beach thread and then looked this post up to get an idea when you'd be here. I assume this would be the same trip? Anyway, I'm not much of a Disney person any longer so this response is one of those put it in the back of your mind for later. You said you were a planner. At some point in the future I would consider a road trip either down here, or fly and pick up a rental car and do some Florida stuff. First off, take a trip to St. Augustine. Lots of true life history there as well as fun kitschy tourist stuff like Ripley's, the Fountain of youth. The old jail, etc. Plus Flagler College, the Lightner Museum and the Castillo. (The Fort).
Next in Coco, the Kennedy Space Center. We like this enough that we have annual passes.
Further south in Ft Pierce is the Navy Seal museum. In West Palm, the Flagler Museum.
Our favorite is the Keys. So much to do and see and yes, EAT! LOL. Go snorkeling! Check out the Everglades and take an airboat tour. Swamp buggy rides are fun too and both can be very educational as well as fun depending on the captain or guides.
West coast is Naples. Kind of ritzy and expensive so I would go further north to Ft. Meyers/Cape Coral and hit Sanibel Island. Get your sea shell hunting on!
Head up to Sarasota and see Ringling Brothers Barnum and Baily. The Ringling Mansion.
How about the panhandle with sugar sand and gorgeous water!
I'm getting way to in the weeds now and I apologize. Just some bullets on places to go instead of Disney at some point. Obviously you can't do everything in one trip, plus maybe you've already done some and don't need to repeat so there's that.
We live at the upper eastern tip of Lakeland. Around a six hour drive anywhere in the state. Actually not much here but cattle ranches and citrus groves.
So just a handful of things in Florida to get your travel and tourist on.

I don't normally respond to these posts, but I made a few suggestions in your what's the closest beach thread and then looked this post up to get an idea when you'd be here. I assume this would be the same trip? Anyway, I'm not much of a Disney person any longer so this response is one of those put it in the back of your mind for later. You said you were a planner. At some point in the future I would consider a road trip either down here, or fly and pick up a rental car and do some Florida stuff. First off, take a trip to St. Augustine. Lots of true life history there as well as fun kitschy tourist stuff like Ripley's, the Fountain of youth. The old jail, etc. Plus Flagler College, the Lightner Museum and the Castillo. (The Fort).
Next in Coco, the Kennedy Space Center. We like this enough that we have annual passes.
Further south in Ft Pierce is the Navy Seal museum. In West Palm, the Flagler Museum.
Our favorite is the Keys. So much to do and see and yes, EAT! LOL. Go snorkeling! Check out the Everglades and take an airboat tour. Swamp buggy rides are fun too and both can be very educational as well as fun depending on the captain or guides.
West coast is Naples. Kind of ritzy and expensive so I would go further north to Ft. Meyers/Cape Coral and hit Sanibel Island. Get your sea shell hunting on!
Head up to Sarasota and see Ringling Brothers Barnum and Baily. The Ringling Mansion.
How about the panhandle with sugar sand and gorgeous water!
I'm getting way to in the weeds now and I apologize. Just some bullets on places to go instead of Disney at some point. Obviously you can't do everything in one trip, plus maybe you've already done some and don't need to repeat so there's that.
We live at the upper eastern tip of Lakeland. Around a six hour drive anywhere in the state. Actually not much here but cattle ranches and citrus groves.
So just a handful of things in Florida to get your travel and tourist on.
Yes I think we’re more so now thinking let’s me this an all Disney Trip and head back down next year for St Pete’s, Kennedy Space etc. Thanks so much for all of your fun suggestions. I know there’s so much more down there aside from Disney. My husband also wants to visit The Keys too.

I PURCHASED OUR MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY TICKETS THIS MORNING!!

And I am soooo excited! I have been watching all the you tube vlogs I can find and absolutely cannot wait for this.

I’m most looking forward to the parade and the Haunted Mansion. That is my absolute favorite thing in all of Disney World. Lizzy and I both can’t wait to try all of the special party desserts as well. I mean maybe not ALLLL of them but many of them haha

Lizzy is most looking forward to seeing Pooh and friends in their Halloween costumes and the Halloween fireworks.

Randy is most looking forward to being in the park late and riding Space Mountain in the dark.

We will be at the Halloween Party on 9/15 🎃

70A95DB2-11B2-42EB-A827-D5F48241DBFA.png

It’s starting to feel real guys!! 15 days away from being in the double digits!! My 19 year old daughter is going to Disney for 8 days this coming Tuesday with her boyfriend and his family! I told her she needs to facetime me when she’s getting in line for Haunted Mansion so I can feel like i’m there. I’m so obsessed with the Mansion!! My birthday is also next week. She felt bad that she’d be away but I told her no worries Bring me back some Mickey ears and I’ll be happy haha. I’ll post some pictures that she sends me over the week. I’m going to live through her while she’s there. So much fun.

621a83f9-8549-4491-be24-af9e61fe5486-jpeg.761700

And here’s a cute picture of Lizzy dancing while waiting for Alien Swirling Saucers in 2021!! We’re big Toy Story fans and loved this whole area. Slinky dog dash was the best and we cannot wait to be back over here

Attachments

• 621A83F9-8549-4491-BE24-AF9E61FE5486.jpeg
    621A83F9-8549-4491-BE24-AF9E61FE5486.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!