Halloween- what does Sept 2 look like?

RainyDayPixie

Mouseketeer
Tempted to throw in a last minute quickie trip Aug 31-Sept 2. Curious if anyone knows if all the Halloween decorations, ride overlays, fireworks will be up and running on Sept 2? Or do some things trickle in after that date?

Sept 2 is the first official day of Halloween time so all decorations should be up. Haunted Mansion Holiday is scheduled to open that day (and will likely be extremely busy...) and Halloween Screams fireworks are on the schedule for 9:30pm. Typically everything is up and running on the first official day of the holiday season starts.

Thanks so much! Would be fun (and perhaps a little crazy) to catch the end of MSEP and beginning of Halloween. I know it will be busy, but there is quite a bit of hotel availability, so maybe not too bad.

Thanks so much! Would be fun (and perhaps a little crazy) to catch the end of MSEP and beginning of Halloween. I know it will be busy, but there is quite a bit of hotel availability, so maybe not too bad.

Historically, the first day of the event is crowded but you won't feel it in the other parts of the park. Lines for Haunted Mansion will likely be long and large parts of main street will be crowded 2 hours before fireworks but regular rides may actually have lower than usual waits in the morning.

My guess is that a lot of the Magic Key reservations are taken up by people who just plan to go to the parks to see the fireworks after work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter