Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's on here some where but I was wondering since the Halloween party is at California Adventure..will Disneyland be open regular hours? Thank you!

I know it's on here some where but I was wondering since the Halloween party is at California Adventure..will Disneyland be open regular hours? Thank you!
DCA will close early to those without a Oogie Boogie Party tickets.
I expect DL to run regular hours.

Two more parties sold out: 10/3 and 10/8. No more Thursdays available in October. Folks, if you are still trying to decide on a party date, make your decision soon. The dominoes are falling and parties will start selling out more quickly now that there are fewer to choose from. And remember, OBB tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale! Choose carefully and wisely!

I forgot the rule with costumes. Can we wear our costumes all day, or only during the 3 hour cross-over and the party?

I forgot the rule with costumes. Can we wear our costumes all day, or only during the 3 hour cross-over and the party?
Technically, only during the 3 hour cross-over and the party. But... this depends on your costume. The less fancy/costumey your outfit is, the more likely you'll be able to enter earlier than the party early entry hours. It all depends on how strict Disney is being about the costume rules. We've always entered well before the early entry hours, but we keep any super costumey props in a locker for later. Disney Bounding is so common now, it doesn't really stand out. No one has ever said anything about it at bag check or in the parks -- other than, "Hey, love your costume!" But I have seen people in full on cosplay or complicated costumes -- like something you'd see at D23 Expo -- be held back -- not often, but it can happen.

Technically, only during the 3 hour cross-over and the party. But... this depends on your costume. The less fancy/costumey your outfit is, the more likely you'll be able to enter earlier than the party early entry hours. It all depends on how strict Disney is being about the costume rules. We've always entered well before the early entry hours, but we keep any super costumey props in a locker for later. Disney Bounding is so common now, it doesn't really stand out. No one has ever said anything about it at bag check or in the parks -- other than, "Hey, love your costume!" But I have seen people in full on cosplay or complicated costumes -- like something you'd see at D23 Expo -- be held back -- not often, but it can happen.
Ok. I’m still figuring out the logistics of my costume. I was going to wear my denim jumpsuit for Bo Peep, but then I realized it’s not easy to use in the bathroom (LOL sorry probably a TMI). So I’m going to try on the Bo peep dress from the dress shop and see how that is. Hopefully that’s easier..I wonder if that dress would be considered a dress or costume?

Ok. I’m still figuring out the logistics of my costume. I was going to wear my denim jumpsuit for Bo Peep, but then I realized it’s not easy to use in the bathroom (LOL sorry probably a TMI). So I’m going to try on the Bo peep dress from the dress shop and see how that is. Hopefully that’s easier..I wonder if that dress would be considered a dress or costume?
We saw that dress "in action" at Expo -- it looks fine without the props. Some people took it very far into costume realm with hat, wig, shepherdess crook, toy sheep, make up, etc. Others went very low key.

We saw that dress "in action" at Expo -- it looks fine without the props. Some people took it very far into costume realm with hat, wig, shepherdess crook, toy sheep, make up, etc. Others went very low key.
I won't go that hardcore, but I do think I will get the Sheep purse they sell. I'll probably wear the dress into the park, and save all the accessories for the party.

DH and I will be there opening weekend of the Halloween festivities and then on Halloween itself. We didn't get tickets to the party because I couldn't justify the $300 on top of staying at the GCH (bucket list item). It's nice to hear that if we happen to change our minds about the party, we may be able to get tickets through the GCH. If not, well no harm no foul.

Counting down the days!

DH and I will be there opening weekend of the Halloween festivities and then on Halloween itself. We didn't get tickets to the party because I couldn't justify the $300 on top of staying at the GCH (bucket list item). It's nice to hear that if we happen to change our minds about the party, we may be able to get tickets through the GCH. If not, well no harm no foul.

Counting down the days!
If you do choose to get OBB tickets on the day at the GCH, please come back to post how that went, e.g. procedure, rules, etc. TIA!

I also considered this dress and tried it on when I was there and decided against it as I liked the way that the Mrs. Potts dress looked better. I got the Mrs. Potts dress at shop Disney for like $50 which is such a great deal. And I believe it's considered a dress but I'm using mine as a costume and my daughter is dressing as Belle.

I also considered this dress and tried it on when I was there and decided against it as I liked the way that the Mrs. Potts dress looked better. I got the Mrs. Potts dress at shop Disney for like $50 which is such a great deal. And I believe it's considered a dress but I'm using mine as a costume and my daughter is dressing as Belle.
I was doing more searching this afternoon and saw this dress on Etsy and now want it lol I win the award for the most indecisive person. But it’s cheaper than the shop parks dress, plus I wear dresses like this all the time so it will be easy to maneuver in.

So Friday when I get paid, I will order this. Monday I’ll run to the park to get the sheep purse. I’d buy online but I want to use my AP discount.

I also might search for a Woody pin and stick it on the dress.

Attachments

• 1B4CD92C-0616-434B-8119-D315CC6DC653.png
    1B4CD92C-0616-434B-8119-D315CC6DC653.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter