Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any ideas on any possibility of getting tickets to a sold out night for the Oogie Boogie Bash? My son who has autism loves Disney and is obsessed with Nightmare before Christmas. I did not realize until too late that the party was changed to the Oogie Boogie theme. We were hoping to go Sept 22nd - I know I really messed up - I just didn't think through how quickly they would sell out. When I looked this weekend it was still available - I was going to book today after I got the hotel rooms and of course they are sold out. My kid is getting used to disappointment this has been such a hard year with starting middle school and a couple surgeries this summer, I just needed to give him something positive and I messed it up. :guilty: I'm pretty sure it's not possible but thought maybe someone had gotten tickets somewhere for a sold out party?

Does it need to be Sept. 22nd? Because it looks like there are still tickets available for the October dates!

Most reports over on the HalloweenTime thread haven't had any luck calling to get tickets to a sold out party (but it can't hurt to try). Historically, the on-site hotels have had "day-of" tickets for their guests, but we won't know if that's the case until the parties start.

Here is the list of 2019 dates the party sold out, so far this year.
View attachment 430168
Here is the same list for last year 2018.
View attachment 430169

If you change your dates, this might help you know what will sell out next.

Good Luck
It's really interesting that the party seems to be selling out faster this year than last year. Almost twice as many dates have sold out compared to the same time last year. I wonder why that is. Although the answer may be as simple as they went on sale earlier.

I was doing more searching this afternoon and saw this dress on Etsy and now want it lol I win the award for the most indecisive person. But it’s cheaper than the shop parks dress, plus I wear dresses like this all the time so it will be easy to maneuver in.

So Friday when I get paid, I will order this. Monday I’ll run to the park to get the sheep purse. I’d buy online but I want to use my AP discount.

I also might search for a Woody pin and stick it on the dress.
That's cute! The dresses on shop Disney and at the parks are pretty pricey. I was lucky to get it on sale.

Also random thought/question. Do you think Disneyland would ever offer a Halloween party pass? I saw that Disney world has them. If they ever sold those, I would buy one so I could do all of the party features rather than choose. There's so much to do and so little time.

Also random thought/question. Do you think Disneyland would ever offer a Halloween party pass? I saw that Disney world has them. If they ever sold those, I would buy one so I could do all of the party features rather than choose. There's so much to do and so little time.
I doubt it. They offered it because their parties dont sell out. I sure wish they did. I would also but one. Lol

I don’t see that happening. WDW has way more parties and greater capacity. When you ride the tram to MK they tell you that all of DL and DCA would fit in the parking lot. Also most if not all DLR parties will sell out, at WDW they will not.

I doubt it. They offered it because their parties dont sell out. I sure wish they did. I would also but one. Lol
I don’t see that happening. WDW has way more parties and greater capacity. When you ride the tram to MK they tell you that all of DL and DCA would fit in the parking lot. Also most if not all DLR parties will sell out, at WDW they will not.
Oh, I didn't realize their parties didn't sell out. Wishful thinking I guess lol.

For anyone trying to get tickets to a sold out Halloween Party:

1) Call the ticket line ASAP to see if there are any tickets available for the date you want. Maybe or maybe not -- but you won't know until you call.
2) If you are local, try asking at the ticket booths. Sometimes when a party sells out online, there are tickets still available at the booths, not many, but some. Again, worth a shot. But, be aware, some parties have been sold out for while now (see the first post on page one of this thread for the dates each party sold out online), so there may not be any tickets left for those dates.
3) Stay on site the day of your party. In the past, the on site hotels have reserved some (not a lot) of day of party tickets for their guests to be sold first thing in the morning (early!) first come, first served.
4) Choose a different date that is still available and move fast to buy your tickets.
5) Don't do DCA with the OBB, but do a day at DL which will still have all the Halloween Time decorations, special food items, HMH, and Halloween Screams fireworks.

Whatever you do, do not buy OBB tickets through a third party vendor. Disney does NOT authorize Halloween party ticket sales through third party vendors, so the risk of getting scammed and ripped off is real. We get reports every year of people being turned away from the gates with scam tickets. Don't be one of these people and don't support the scammers.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I booked my ticket straight away, I'm going on September 24th and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully plenty of merch to snaffle as I don't get to Disneyland very often.

I'm so glad I booked my ticket straight away, I'm going on September 24th and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully plenty of merch to snaffle as I don't get to Disneyland very often.
Please come back here with a full report on the party! Your date is early, so any information will be much appreciated by DISers going on later dates.

Please come back here with a full report on the party! Your date is early, so any information will be much appreciated by DISers going on later dates.
I’m also going September 24. This is my first time going so early in the season. Last 2 times I went in October. I can’t wait!!

I'm doing 17th, 19th, 24th and 26th.

Yes, I am serious.

I'll try to get photos of the map and the most important info on here immediately on the 17th. I'll have access to a laptop this time, so I'll try to type up reports as fast as I can. Just wasn't possible on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter