Halloween on the Magic 2013

JUST HELD a GTY room!!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!:rotfl2::cool1:pirate:

I am raelly hoping a sale comes up for this sailing.
it isn't very full yet!!!!

Anyone doing the back to back with the 2 day sailing previous to this one?

We might........

That will remain undecided for a bit longer.
:thumbsup2

We might........

That will remain undecided for a bit longer.
:thumbsup2

Wish we could!! We'll have to look into it.

We are booked in a deck 5 aft navigators verandah. This will be our first platinum cruise!!

We were about to but decided it was going to be too much school for the kids to miss. Plus it was going to cause some logisicical issues with other obligations.

But boy did we want to.

I would guess now that they have announced all the upgrades coming to the Magic, I would imagine that more people are going to want those the new features.

On the other hand if the price for the cruise down, do people who have already booked get to take advantage of the price break?

Nothing personal, but neither my wife nor I Facebook. I could go on a long rant as to why... but nobody is interested. Personally I prefer the forum... but I might just be the weirdo in the group.
I agree with you about Facebook. My wife has a page to keep up with the kids. I am a proud member of the weirdo crowd.

I agree with you about Facebook. My wife has a page to keep up with the kids. I am a proud member of the weirdo crowd.

My top 3 reasons why I don't Facebook:

1. Don't have the time
2. If I want to keep up with people I know, I would rather do it personally.
3. I am not sure that I trust Facebook and don't want them to capitalize on my personal info.

but again... that is just me.

Hello again and welcome to the new-comers!

I can't wait for October! Especially since I've watched the videos of the changes happening to the ship, the Aquadunk has made my brother a little less weary that he'll have nothing to do on the ship. (He's not a massive Disney fan and has invited himself onto my planned holiday lol!)

For those who asked about hotels prior to the cruise we are staying at the Kent Hotel on South Beach the night before only because we are staying there for 5 nights after the cruise (it's about a block or 2 from Miami Ink, my brother is getting a tattoo done there, and we are lucky they are going to hold onto 2 of our suitcases full of our purchases from WDW/US/Outlet Shopping while we are cruising!) Now I'm just trying to decide if it will be easier to catch a taxi or if I should book a shuttle to the port.

I have a quick question about our FE group (I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself), but roughly how long before the cruise, will the cutoff date be for joining up? We leave Australia on 10/16 and I will have a couple extra gifts made up just in case but I will feel bad if I don't have enough for everyone. (I have a couple of Aussie themed gifts in mind for cabin gifts, would anyone be opposed to them?)

Oh and also, msrlest8 i looked for the facebook group but couldn't find it and I can't pm on here yet until I reach 10 posts :sad:

Welcome to all those who have joined us!

The cut off for the FE will be one month before the cruise. Then, if anyone wishes to join after they may...knowing that people purchased items based on the cut off numbers, so they may not receive gifts from everyone.

Off to the Fantasy!

I'm so excited that my husband surpised me tonight with booking our family on this cruise! Our cast includes myself, DH, MIL, DS (11), DD (8), DS (4). We have 2 adjoining staterooms reserved. This will be DH and myself 6th Disney cruise, my MIL 5th cruise, my DS 4th cruise, my DD 3rd cruise and my youngest DS 2nd cruise. I am so excited to see on the changes on the Magic! My youngest son can't wait to see the Marvel Hero's room:)

I have started to think about excursions and have seen alot about Chankanaab Park. We have been to Cozumel 2x and each time we only walked around the shopping area which was alot of fun but I was hoping for something different this time. Has anyone thought about excurions for Cozumel yet? When we are at CC we always like to rent bikes, floats and snorkel gear. So I'm not necessarily looking for another beach day but Chankanaab seemed where we could tour the gardens see the shows and had the options to enjoy the beach or pool. Would love any thoughts...

We are also trying to decide where to stay in Miami on the night of the Oct 26th. We will most likely be driving down and parking in the port over our stay. I've seen some nice resorts downtown that might be fun to stay at, like the Hilton. We live outside of Philadelphia and thought we could leave on Friday and take 2 days to get there. We don't necessarily have to stay in Miami, but I do want to be close on Sunday to get to the Port early.

I LOVE being able to plan Disney trips :yay::yay: and I can't wait to have a magical cruise over Halloween!

Barb

I'm 1/2 alseep and miscounted our # of cruises sorry...this will be our 7th cruise, MIL 6th, DS 5th, DD 4th, and youngest DS 3rd. Sorry I somehow forgot our 5 night cruise on the Dream in 2011. Silly me :clown:

We just booked for this cruise today :) So Excited! This will be just my husband and I this time.

Questions that have been asked:

1. How many DCL have you been on? This is our second, so are only 'silver' level.
This will be #9 for us

2. For those who have cruised on DCL (or any cruise) during Halloween - was the ship crowded? I keep checking the site and it still seems as if many rooms are still available. Will be fun to have a more intimate cruise if this is the case
1st time on a Holiday Disney Cruise, so cant comment on the crowds

3. Cozumel - any suggestions for excursions for a 5 year old? She's a city kid so can handle quite a bit of walking...
Will be our 1st time to Cozumel, so no suggestions here either ;) Gee I am a lot of help huh? LOL

4. Is anyone looking to get a cabana on Castaway Cay? We serendipitiously were able to acquire one the day before on our last cruise and are seriously thinking about doing it again this go round!
We are undecided about a Cabana, we have done Castaway with and without a cabana, and love it both ways, so not sure at this time.

5. Also, my DD who is typically an introvert and enjoys hanging out with adults more than children strayed away from the kids club last cruise; however, after seeing the final show with the kids performing she has been eager to give it a shot. Anyone else with girls about 5 or 6 aboard?
Our daughter is 17, but not going to be joining us on this cruise - Parents Only ;)

6. Where is everyone from?
Manhattan, Kansas

7. If you have participated in FE in the past, what was your favorite you have received and/or given?
Yes we have done a FE on about 4 cruised, and really enjoyed it. Favorite gifts, magnets and photo frames to use when we get home, things that represent where you are from :) Not sure yet if we are going to join in this FE, as we want to relax and enjoy our time together, but still undecided at this time.

I was unable to find the Facebook Link either :( I will PM you or you can just post on here so everyone has the link should they want to use it?

So EXCITED!

Welcome to those who have joined!!

We just got off the Fantasy and are missing cruising already! We talked to Brent (cruise director) and he's scheduled to be on the Magic when we cruise.

I'll try to get a roll call list going on the first page sometime next week.

I forgot to come back and do the "we are officially going" dance.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

SO EXCITED!

AND my mother is going for sure! She's so excited, and I'm happy to have her.

We are on deck 5 for the first time. Has anyone ever stayed on deck 5? I have read good reviews for that location, and some complaining of noise from the restaurant below..... Does anyone have an opinion or experience staying there?

Can' wait to sail. :boat:

I forgot to come back and do the "we are officially going" dance.

SO EXCITED!

AND my mother is going for sure! She's so excited, and I'm happy to have her.

We are on deck 5 for the first time. Has anyone ever stayed on deck 5? I have read good reviews for that location, and some complaining of noise from the restaurant below..... Does anyone have an opinion or experience staying there?

Can' wait to sail. :boat:

We absolutely love deck 5!!! The staterooms are either forward or aft...each section has it's own little area of the ship. The kids' clubs are in the middle of deck, along with the theater. Even with the clubs nearby it's a quiet deck. If you are aft, there can be some noise from Animators, but we've never found it to be bad. We actually booked a deck 5 aft, starboard side room for this cruise! As i said, it's our favorite deck on the magic and wonder!

We must be getting closer to the cruise because there is snow on the ground again! That means we skipped summer and it's September/October again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter