halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

We have thought about it with the twins and they do not get scared at all at anything we have watched so I assume they will be okay for this event. We can at least try and if it doesn't work out then we will have to go I am not worried about he money .. and thank you for the prices I was getting a AP for discounts and such so this will help with buying tickets for my family at least now I have a ballpark of what the prices will be.

I would be more concerned with drunk people cursing/etc, than the scary part, especially for young kids. Hell, the two shows they have let you know ahead of time, that if you're easily offended then it might be best to leave. Women are half naked and there are many sexual innuendos. If the WHOLE event would be a movie, it'd be R rated as far as I'm concerned, but that's more because of the guests (which you can't avoid) than anyone else.

I would be more concerned with drunk people cursing/etc, than the scary part, especially for young kids. Hell, the two shows they have let you know ahead of time, that if you're easily offended then it might be best to leave. Women are half naked and there are many sexual innuendos. If the WHOLE event would be a movie, it'd be R rated as far as I'm concerned, but that's more because of the guests (which you can't avoid) than anyone else.

the person stated they were going oct 25-30, which probably will be crowded starting with that saturday night.

i like to attend hhn starting with the week for the columbus day weekend.
it has its crowds too.

that time period is similar to the ones the babesboo plans to go with the 7 y/o's.

have to agree with what jarrdisney posted.
you'll hear the F word said a lot, or yelled a lot, females with limited clothing that are guests, beer/booze stands all over the park, intoxicated guests..........R rated situation for some nights.

the children might not be scared of the scareactors, shows or houses but they will see many park guests in a party mode.

We'll be down there around Oct. 4-10, planning to stay at HRH. I just cancelled my Disney trip so we could do everything over at Universal. I have used the Express Pass every time we have visited, but was wondering what you get in with the Express Pass at HHN. Is there a list I might look at? I know my DD and DH are so excited. Now with just Universal on our list, I can do a whole lot more and may buy the passes for them!! My other DD and I will stick around City Walk for a girls' night, or head over to Mickey's party - yep - that's more my scare speed! :thumbsup2

We'll be down there around Oct. 4-10, planning to stay at HRH. I just cancelled my Disney trip so we could do everything over at Universal. I have used the Express Pass every time we have visited, but was wondering what you get in with the Express Pass at HHN. Is there a list I might look at? I know my DD and DH are so excited. Now with just Universal on our list, I can do a whole lot more and may buy the passes for them!! My other DD and I will stick around City Walk for a girls' night, or head over to Mickey's party - yep - that's more my scare speed! :thumbsup2

if you buy the EP for HHN, you will be allowed to use the ep line once per house and the limited rides.

in the past years the ep was allowed for the first show (bill and teds) of the night.

Are the lines typically long? Do fun things happen in the line that you could miss out on? Not that lines are fun, but sometimes the queues are really cool!

Are the lines typically long? Do fun things happen in the line that you could miss out on? Not that lines are fun, but sometimes the queues are really cool!
Are the lines long for the houses at HHN? Yes indeed...they reach two hours on the busiest nights. All the queues are different...sometimes they show a video on a neighboring building...sometimes not. Normally it's just a lot of people standing in a line. If you are only going one night you should consider investing in an EP for that night.

i bought the express pass for the season which covered the non peak nights last year.

i met up with friends that did not have the ep but spent the time in the regular house lines to visit with them.

on thursday october 10th, we had a 65 minute wait for a house.
this is a non peak night and was not unheard of.

got in the line at 8ish when the sign stated a 45 minute wait.
time waits had increased after we entered the line.
we weren't aware of that change at the time.

if you only have one night to spend at hhn, the ep is a way to get as many houses done as possible.
if you go a few nights, you can break it up by using the regular lines and hit the different houses and shows during your visits.

you can drink in the wait lines.
if the TM's see you smoking in the lines, they will ask you to put it out.

the only thing to see in most of the wait lines are other people.

on Friday the 11th, did see wait lines well over 2 hours for certain houses.

Good to know! Express pass it is for us. This is probably a one time deal for my DD since my DH doesn't go on our yearly Orlando trips - only every 2 or 3 years.

I went this year towards the middle of October, and I managed to do all of the houses in one night, and the Werewolf one twice. But, (and this is *VERY* important), you *HAVE* to make sure you are in USF before they close the gates for the day guests. You will be held in the street in front of the Blues Brothers show (near the entrance to Mummy), and once the park sweep has gone by, they will walk everyone over to one of the houses in the soundstage area so you can go through it before the park "officially" opens to the rest of the HHN guests. I stayed until 1AM, and while I ran into some friends that still worked there and they let me in the FastPass line for 2 of the houses, I would have been able to see all of them by 2AM when the park closed. The longest line we waited in was 40 min, and this was on a Friday night.

Oh, and plan on seeing the Bill and Ted show. Seriously. I told everyone in my school group over and over "don't miss this show", and half the group did, and were royally upset when those of us that did see it were talking about it in the van on the way home.

Do both parks close early for the parties or IA stay open while the party takes place at US?

Do both parks close early for the parties or IA stay open while the party takes place at US?
HHN is staged at the Studios so that's the only park which will close early at 5pm...IOA will stay open until 7pm.

How much have tickets been in the past? The express pass? Has anyone ever done the VIP pkg? Thanks for all of the advice!

How much have tickets been in the past? The express pass? Has anyone ever done the VIP pkg? Thanks for all of the advice!

in the past, you could buy a park admission pass that is valid for the first ten nights of hhn.
or, a pass that covers all non peak nights
or buy the hhn tickets per date.

for me, the express passes cost more than the hhn tixs.
the premier and preferred ap allows for great hhn tix discounts.

no discounts on the express pass for hhn.

pull up some of last years hhn threads to see some of the ticket prices.

which vip package are you thinking about?

I wasn't sure on the VIP pkg. I saw it had a buffet and knew my DH loves to eat! I did look at the EP last night. I think it was around $120+ (w/ ticket) if I read it right. I am pretty sure I will spring for that. This is our only vacation this year and probably my DD's only shot at HHN, since DH doesn't do our Orlando trip every year with us.

We will be at HHN on Sunday, October 26. Any guess as to how crowded it will be? A friend encouraged us to go on a Sunday for smaller crowds.

I am also interested to know the 'type' of houses there are. Being claustrophobic, I would any attractions that put visitors in dark, confined spaces. One of our local houses consists of a pitch black corridor with many turns. It isn't really the corridor that got to me, it was the fact that people in front of me stopped from time to time. Since there were people behind me I couldn't move either forward or back. As long as we kept moving at a reasonable pace I was OK.

Thanks!

sunday still has crowds for hhn.

from what you describe of avoiding certain houses you have locally, it sounds like many of the houses at hhn in the past.

none of us know the theme or houses for 2014 at this point.
but the regulars do know the "congo line" while going through the houses, will still be there.

We will be at HHN on Sunday, October 26. Any guess as to how crowded it will be? A friend encouraged us to go on a Sunday for smaller crowds.

I am also interested to know the 'type' of houses there are. Being claustrophobic, I would any attractions that put visitors in dark, confined spaces. One of our local houses consists of a pitch black corridor with many turns. It isn't really the corridor that got to me, it was the fact that people in front of me stopped from time to time. Since there were people behind me I couldn't move either forward or back. As long as we kept moving at a reasonable pace I was OK.

Thanks!
We've gone to local houses many times too and I also have trouble with tight spaces. I wondered about the HHN houses but they weren't too bad year before last. I found that they usually worked to keep people moving which I find helpful too plus there weren't too many dark hallways. I don't know if that year was typical or not though.

i bought the express pass for the season which covered the non peak nights last year.

i met up with friends that did not have the ep but spent the time in the regular house lines to visit with them.

on thursday october 10th, we had a 65 minute wait for a house.
this is a non peak night and was not unheard of.

got in the line at 8ish when the sign stated a 45 minute wait.
time waits had increased after we entered the line.
we weren't aware of that change at the time.

if you only have one night to spend at hhn, the ep is a way to get as many houses done as possible.
if you go a few nights, you can break it up by using the regular lines and hit the different houses and shows during your visits.

you can drink in the wait lines.
if the TM's see you smoking in the lines, they will ask you to put it out.

the only thing to see in most of the wait lines are other people.

on Friday the 11th, did see wait lines well over 2 hours for certain houses.

stoopid cheap friends:rotfl2:

if you are really lucky when waiting in line you can have a drunk fall on you, then spend a few minutes watching them flop around until carted away.;)

OT - did anybody else get the HHN survey in last week or so re HHN tix price offerings. Can't remember the specifics but options mentioned were somewhat different than the last go-around. Didn't see anything new and exciting mentioned for dates around Columbus day though. Have a feeling it's so well attended (as evidenced by the crazy long stand by lines vs prior years) discounts will be far and few for that time period.

Yep I got a survey about ticket prices and which option I would choose out of several options.

There were a lot of options ::yes::

stoopid cheap friends:rotfl2:

if you are really lucky when waiting in line you can have a drunk fall on you, then spend a few minutes watching them flop around until carted away.;)

::yes::
yea but you and Mr Keisha were a lot of fun to spend the time with during the line waits.

i'm penciling you in on my calendar for that thursday again.........

watching that drunk lady who rammed youse was fun...
not the ramming you but how she bounced to the other lines around us with her landing on the grass.
i was surprised she didn't lose her entire cup of beer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter