Halloween costumes?

disney_dreamin

Earning My Ears
DH and I are going to be doing a Halloween on the High Seas on September 22 on the Fantasy. We were hoping to dress up in costumes, but we only booked the cruise two weeks ago, which doesn't leave much time for getting a costume together, especially if we wanted to do Disney costumes.

Do most adults dress up in Disney costumes, or are there other costumes worn?

I have mostly seen Disney costumes but most definitely I have seen costumes that were not Disney also.

On our previous cruises, the children wore Disney pirate costumes and the teens and adults wore non-Disney pirate costumes for Pirate night.

This trip:
My nine year old granddaughter is wearing a Disney princess gown for formal night, a non-Disney fairy costume for Halloween night and a non-Disney pirate costumes for Pirate night.
My eight year old granddaughter is a Disney princess gown for formal night, a Disney fairy costume for Halloween night and a non-Disney pirate costumes for Pirate night
I am wearing a non-Disney fairy costume for Halloween, a non-Disney pirate costume for Pirate night and maybe a non-Disney queen costume for formal night, depending on what I have time to sew.

So it is a pretty mixed bag.

DH and I are going to be doing a Halloween on the High Seas on September 22 on the Fantasy. We were hoping to dress up in costumes, but we only booked the cruise two weeks ago, which doesn't leave much time for getting a costume together, especially if we wanted to do Disney costumes.

Do most adults dress up in Disney costumes, or are there other costumes worn?
I am on that cruise!
It is whatever you enjoy. I don't dress up at all but go to the party. My adult daughter and her husband will be dressing up non Disney. They love making their own costumes.

I had so much fun dressing up with my granddaughter on her 2016 birthday cruise. It was a 7 day itinerary on the Disney Fantasy. Each afternoon we would go back to our room to dress for dinner and the "fairies" would leave my granddaughter a new princess dress laid out for her on her bed. I did a Disney Bounding outfit each night for dinner as well. When she was Princess Aurora, I was Maleficent. When she was Ariel, I was the sea witch. She was Tinkerbell on Pirate night. I did Jack Sparrow and my adult daughter did a generic pirate.) We loved dressing up and it wasn't even Halloween.

My next cruise is a 4 night Halloween on the High Seas cruise and I'm with a more adult group of family but I'm still dressing up. I'm Disney Bounding Embarkation night and the optional semi-formal night and doing full costumes for Halloween night and Pirate night.

I really enjoy throwing myself into the "magic".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter