Halloween Backdrop Suggestion?

MarkBarbieri

Semi-retired
I'm going to set up some studio lights in the garage this Halloween and shoot the neighbor kids as the come by to trick or treat. What do you think I should use as a background? I was thinking about white because so many halloween costumes are black and they would stand out better. On the other hand, white is not a particularly halloweeny color.

What do the studios use for halloween photo backdrops?

I just looked at our picture from MNSSHP and the backdrop they used for the free photos was purple. There's a few pumpkins and ghosts scattered around as part of the backdrop and there's a black border around the entire picture.

I did Halloween pictures of my kids a few years ago with a white backdrop with a bail of hay for them to sit on, a few pumpkins and fake leaves scattered around. Their costumes really showed up well with the white and the fall motif worked well.

I use black in studio. I just make sure to backlight to get the separation from the child. Brown (I use a Silverlake "Nugget") also works well and is a great color for Fall especially with hay and pumpkins. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter