Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Thank you for the well wishes and pixie dust. It must of worked because the surgery went great and there wasnt any nerve damage. She may be able to go swimming in the pool and ocean if everything goes as planned per her doctor.

Woo-Hoo! I'm so glad the surgery went well and the prognosis is so good.

While google'ing to find some information on the rise in parking rates at Port Canaveral, I noticed that there were a couple of off-site parking businesses that have very attractive rates and shuttle you back and forth to the ship.

Have any of the experienced cruisers used any of these lots? I've used similar services when flying with good experiences, but I'll take any local knowledge I can get.

Thanks,

So happy Annette's surgery went well!:goodvibes We all prayed for her.
Cannot wait to see you guys, I feel like it has been sooooo long!

So after logging in to my online class so that I can be "present" after my surgery I came to Dis! I want to thank everyone for their wishes, prayers and pixie dust. You guys are the greatest bunch.

Annette

So after logging in to my online class so that I can be "present" after my surgery I came to Dis! I want to thank everyone for their wishes, prayers and pixie dust. You guys are the greatest bunch.

Annette

Wow your already up and typing....glad your doing so well....and glad the surgery went well aslo.

Denise
:banana::banana:

Wow your already up and typing....glad your doing so well....and glad the surgery went well aslo.

Denise
:banana::banana:

I might get to go home tomorrow! After a week of being in a hospital, it will be great to be in my own house.

I have a cruise to get ready for. F/E gifts to coordinate. Being out of commission for the past 2 weeks put me behind schedule. Haha!

The good thing is that I lost 10 lbs!

Happy Tuesday! We fly 3 weeks from today. I am so in need of this.

Annette - so glad your surgery went well and that you get to sleep in your own bed tonight! Isn't it amazing to be pain free? I remember waking up after my surgery and nothing hurt.

Well, guess I best get at it - lots to do.

Updated Dismeet List:

Dis Meet Cruise List:
Promanade Lounge 3pm
10-29-11

Glindamood - Gail and Dave
Dixielady908 - Denise & Wally
Mommamouse411 - Marisol & sons Miguel 3 & Manuelito 1
Kamgen - Kamy, Steve & sons Ryan 6 & Liam 4
Cricketmom - Vera (Kamy's Mom)
Skyman8963 - Skyler, Jamie & sons Ethan 9 & Caden 5
Meagon2222 - Barb, Jim & sons Spencer 7 & Christian 6
Higginsfamily3 - Desiree, Roger & daughter McKenna 5
SCdizneydawn - Dawn & Brian
Sumlee - Summer, Bryan & sons Andrew 9, Logan 6 daughters Hannah 3 and Claire 5months
also traveling Tena and Kevin
TimmerK - Tim and Tracey
Acourtwdw2 - Annette, Amanda, Lorraine and Clare
NYAna - Ana, Rudy, Ada & Felix
Mika710 - Tamika and daughters Imani 13 and Skylar 9
Jastza - Kathie, Scott, daughter Stephanie 16 and son Zac 12
Maxxumuster - Bill, Carol & son Stephen 6
b52028 - Tammy and Dave

I'm new to this sort of thing--this is my first post, so bear with me if I mess up on protocols. It's not intentional.

My wife, 4-year-old daughter and I are going on the Magic cruise over Halloween. I read on these boards about the pillowcase/autograph process and I think I understand the process.

I'm going to get a pillowcase autographed for my daughter, of course. My sister has two daughters and one stepdaughter that are within a couple of years of my daughter. She also has a baby.

My sister has made some questionable choices. A few years ago a fire destroyed her house and she lost everything. (Thankfully everyone made it out). Soon thereafter she got involved with a man on the internet and she divorced her husband (the father of the two oldest girls). She then moved to Baltimore, where she has no family, to be with the internet boyfriend. She got pregnant (the baby) and left the man, returning to Florida.

After returning she got involved with yet another man. He seems OK but has a daughter of his own (the stepdaughter). They plan to get married 11/11/11, but as of today they haven't done anything in terms of preparation.

I love my sister and have tried my best to support her. All of these kids are as sweet as can be. They're loving, bright children who are victims of circumstance. I thought it would be nice to give them personalized pillowcases too. They're all such big fans of all the Disney characters and movies.

I've read in lots of places that there's a two-pillowcase maximum per stateroom. That would mean I'm two short if I want to have one done for my daughter and her three older cousins. I know it's a weird request, but is there anyone out there who isn't planning to have anything signed who would be willing to take my two remaining pillowcases to be signed? I'll provide everything--the markers, the candy "tip", the note, of course the pillowcases--all I need is someone to turn them in and meet up with me on the last day so I can retrieve them. I'd be willing to compensate anyone kind enough to do this for me.

I think it would mean alot to the girls if they could have their own personalized autographed pillowcases. I've tried to come up with another plan, but I haven't been able to think of anything that I could be sure would work. I appreciate everyone reading this, and sorry the post is so long. Thanks.

Still in the Lifeboat. Heck, we don't even have an assigned lifeboat number yet. Yes, I know that I am just being impatient. Just needing to vent this morning. I can't log into the Disney World Resorts website either, they don't recognize my reservation number yet either.

Does anyone know if All Star Movies has a sign in desk for DCL?

Thanks,

Bill

Still in the Lifeboat. Heck, we don't even have an assigned lifeboat number yet. Yes, I know that I am just being impatient. Just needing to vent this morning. I can't log into the Disney World Resorts website either, they don't recognize my reservation number yet either.

Does anyone know if All Star Movies has a sign in desk for DCL?

Thanks,

Bill

I'd be interested to know this too as we are also staying at All Star Movies before the cruise. Would be great if we could check in at the resort! Maybe we'll run into you guys while we are there!

Happy Tuesday ALL!!!

Annette, We are so happy that you are doing well!! I hope the pixie dust gets you home today! :wizard: Nothing like being in your own bed.

The costumes that I ordered should be here tonight. Can't wait to dress Scott up :rotfl2:

Bill I sure hope they get you one of the spacious life boats with a good view!:rotfl: I wonder if you get to take it for a spin.

We got a call from dcl last night informing us about our upgrade. It was neat but I had already found out weeks ago. Now, if they could just decide on Halloween!:rolleyes:

Annette, so glad that you will be going home....so glad that your doing so well.

crazy day at work today....but we did have a really good laugh this afternoon, havent laughed that much in a while, my stomach was hurting from laughing.....so I guess it wasnt all that bad

have a good evening all
:banana::banana::banana:

Hi Annette, glad to hear that your surgery went well:earsboy:. Looking forward to meeting you and your family

Happy Wednesday!!! I hope this finds everyone well (and home for Annette) and getting more and more excited for the cruise. I can not believe that it is three weeks away.

Had my mammogram this morning and I hope that the rest of you ladies have yours regularly too (of you are of that age) or at least check yourselves monthly. OK, that was my public service announcement for the day!

Nothing much else to report. Our weather has been absolutely beautiful - it could stay this way forever for all of me. Days in the 70's and nights in the 40's.

Have a great day!

I'd be interested to know this too as we are also staying at All Star Movies before the cruise. Would be great if we could check in at the resort! Maybe we'll run into you guys while we are there!

We are getting there late on Friday night. But we will be wandering around the resort all morning waiting for the bus. Maybe even letting Stevie swim while we wait. You won't be able to miss us, a large man in a white Disney Dork T' shirt.

Bill

Update from the hospital: coming home has been postponed. I am have to stay a little while longer to get in patient rehab on my legs. After a very long test, that shocked the nerves in the my legs this morning, they found that my legs are too weak to send me home at this time. Good news is that there is not any permament damage to the nerves, they just need more time to heal. But we will still be leaving for WDW on the 27th come regardless! Nothing stands between me and the mouse. :)

The weather here has been beautiful from what I have seen.

Have a great day everyone :)

Thanks for the update Annette. Sorry you are still there but in the grand scheme, I guess the reason is not only understandable but it will go away soon and that is good. So sorry you have been through all of this.

Sunny and beautiful here. I am heading to Ohio Friday - as of last night my Dad was back in the Clinic but they felt he would be transferred back to rehab tomorrow or Friday at the latest. We shall see how that pans out.

Take care!!

hello to all..

Annette I'm glad all is going well!!! :banana:

soooooo my department was eliminated as of yesterday...so what I thought was going to happen did happen..I had a good run 10yrs for the same company..I have a nice long severance package..so I'll be on the cruise with some money to spend...I start my phlebotomy classes in Nov..and should be ready to work after that...I'm running errands today...but I had to turn in my laptop and cell phone..wahhhhh...so now I have to figure out how to buy a cheap cheapy laptop...I only do couple things on internet...facebook, disboards, disney anything websites..toyrsus, ebay, craigslist and photobucket..so I have no need for a desktop pc. I saw walmart had a cheap one for $300...I'll see what happens..

anyways...I'm okay..I feel relieved that I got a severence package and so did my part time staff.....I'm still nervous as I don't have any benefits..so today and rest of this week I'll be figuring out what to do...they mentioned Cobra? I have no idea what that is...so we'll see..

on the plus side...I went to consignment shop and found khaki slacks for miguel so now the boys have a nice outfit for formal night..i mean its not a suit or tuxedo..but they;'ll be on the dressy side.

annnnd I'm almost done with my FE gifts. and my magnets are all put together.

just have to make my luggage tags...and I cannot find an orange tee for my little one so I might not make matching shirts for us...thats too bad...anyway..they'll have their swimsuits on when we board.

oh and did I mention we are going to Legoland that friday instead? yea...I might even through in seaworld the day before. and for sure I'm doing MNSSHP...just gotta decide how soon I want to do it....:banana:

Only thing is Im still debating on my april cruise...I want to keep it..the money's not due till mid January..so we'll see what happens.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter