Hallmark Ornaments discounted?

Whitty

DIS Veteran
Does Hallmark ever put their collectible ornaments on sale before Christmas or ever? If so, do you know when and how much of a discount?

I was in a Hallmark store yesterday and the clerk said they wouldn't be discounting their ornaments until after the New Year.

Our Hallmark stores around here mark their collectible ornaments down to 40 -50% off the day after Christmas. Several mark down to 75% starting on New Year's Day.

here in the Akron area all Hallmarks are independent franchises so they can change their own rules but most go to 50% off beginning at 7am the morning after xmas. Same do 40% off instead. I don't believe anyone is allowed to see true hallmark ornaments at a discount until after the holidays...kohl's included.

i am a big collector or hallmark ornaments...mainly disney ones. i go every Dec 26th. For the past several years, I have started at Kohls with 50% off at 6am and then on to my local hallmark at 7am. They are usually 60% off my New Yrs Day and the go to 75% off probably the end or Jan or so.

Kim

Hmmm....too bad they're not a little discounted before xmas so I could use my $5 off coupon :(

Also, I was at Kohl's today and they had Hallmark ornaments at 10% off. Not the really cute ones like at the Hallmark stores but they were Hallmark brand non the less :)

My local Hallmark has a lot of the ornaments for 50% off! I bought the Little Einstein Rocket, Handy Manny and the number 2 for my son. All were 50% off and I used my coupon!

Kohl's - During mid November, Kohl's will have their Hallmark ornaments on sale for the weekend. There is also a 15-30-30% off coupon during that same weekend, if you have a Kohl's Credit card. I got a 30% off coupon this year. You also get $10 Kohl's coupon for every $50 spent.

Individual Hallmarks will have ornaments sale offers. I received a 40% off coupon last week from a Las Vegas Hallmark. Unfortunately, I live in central CA. And I have bought all the Hallmark ornaments that I wanted from this year's collection.

You mean the few that are left? Wow, people are really buying up all of the ornaments this year. I had a lot of trouble finding a certain one and the shelves are getting bare.

Absolutely! Our local Hallmark store has them deeply discounted up to 75% off in January. I stock up for the next year, never EVER paying anything close to full price. Of course selection is limited but I've got to say not much as folks in our area just aren't buying them like they used to.:santa:
And keep your eye out at resale and vintage stores: I picked up boxed Barbie Hallmark ornaments in perfect condition last week for 25cents each! Love that kind of deal:banana:

You mean the few that are left? Wow, people are really buying up all of the ornaments this year. I had a lot of trouble finding a certain one and the shelves are getting bare.

Really? I've been in 3 different Hallmark's this week and they were all fully stocked - nothing sold out yet (out of the regular ornament catalog)

there is a coupon floating around the internet for $5 off a $5 purchase at hallmark, it just has to be a crown store.

The 2 closest Hallmark stores to me don't go 50% off until the day after christmas.

I was in both of them two weeks ago. They were already very picked over. Normally I go there for the after christmas sales and I'm going to skip them this year.

The one lady I was talking to who worked there said, at that store, they had stocked less this year which is why they were running out so early.

Kohl's put them 25% off before x-mas last year. They were completely blown out by the day after Christmas.

The majority of Hallmarks around here have closed. I can only think of 3 that are still open, and NONE of them are very close or convenient.

I work in a card store that sells Hallmark and we don't discount ours until the 26th of December. Dec 26th shoppers are going to be a little disappointed this year with our half price Hallmark, we didn't order as much this year so not much left. We always have some back stock, not this year, so in order to get what you want make sure you are at the stores early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter