Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see that logic of a less popular attraction "spreading out crowds". They may be a great place to hide from the crowd, but they aren't spreading it out out because the crowd isn't going to them.

Increasing the number of popular attractions would spread out crowds.
I just don't see the logic that every attraction needs to have an hour wait like the mountains, mine Train and Peter Pan. Just because it doesn't have a line doesn't mean it needs to be taken away.

I just don't see the logic that every attraction needs to have an hour wait like the mountains, mine Train and Peter Pan. Just because it doesn't have a line doesn't mean it needs to be taken away.

I will not deny the nostalgic factor of attractions (I was just arguing the logic).

Personally, I would love to see it replaced (but I doubt it ever would be). And that can go for a few other less popular attractions, regardless of my personal attachment to them (MuppetVision is sooooo dated).

The problem with WDW is they probably wouldn't replace them, they would just phase them out and open a store. They have a LOT of open space in most of the WDW parks that they should have filled in or built up over the decades to get more density and keep crowds occupied. DL has almost twice as many attractions as MK.

I will not deny the nostalgic factor of attractions (I was just arguing the logic).

Personally, I would love to see it replaced (but I doubt it ever would be). And that can go for a few other less popular attractions, regardless of my personal attachment to them (MuppetVision is sooooo dated).

The problem with WDW is they probably wouldn't replace them, they would just phase them out and open a store. They have a LOT of open space in most of the WDW parks that they should have filled in or built up over the decades to get more density and keep crowds occupied. DL has almost twice as many attractions as MK.
I have no problem with updates and changes but getting rid of an attraction because it doesn't have a line doesn't make much sense. Under the Sea Journey of the LM at MK never has a long line but does that mean it should go away? That's my point here.

Under the Sea Journey of the LM at MK never has a long line but does that mean it should go away? That's my point here.

IMHO...yes. But mostly because it is dull...which is why it doesn't have a long line.

IMHO...yes. But mostly because it is a dull, style-less dark ride that serves up little more than a truncated Golden Book adaption of the film's plot...which is why it doesn't have a long line.

Sorry, ... not a fan.
What about Tom Sawyer Island? Country Bears? Rafikis Planet Watch? The animal trails? World Showcase films like France and Canada? Gran Fiesta Tour? Journey into Imagination? Living with the Land? Nemo? Triceratop Spin? One Man's Dream? Beauty and the Beast on Stage? Indiana Jones Stunt Show? Carousel of Progress?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should go away. I don't like everything but that doesn't mean what I don't like should just go away. Taking away everything without a line just isn't feasible. You can replace something for something better but that also doesn't mean it's going to have a line. Every theme park has rides/shows that are more popular than others.

What about Tom Sawyer Island? Country Bears? Rafikis Planet Watch? The animal trails? World Showcase films like France and Canada? Gran Fiesta Tour? Journey into Imagination? Living with the Land? Nemo? Triceratop Spin? One Man's Dream? Beauty and the Beast on Stage? Indiana Jones Stunt Show? Carousel of Progress?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should go away. I don't like everything but that doesn't mean what I don't like should just go away. Taking away everything without a line just isn't feasible. You can replace something for something better but that also doesn't mean it's going to have a line. Every theme park has rides/shows that are more popular than others.

I think that is the big thing - everyone likes different things and a lot of what you listed out are things that some people love about WDW ... I know I love Country Bears and it is part of WDW to me and I would be sad if it left ... but that doesn't mean I need to ride it every trip or would wait an hour for it

If WDW became nothing but headliners that all require waits, I think it would lose some of what makes it "Disney" and would result in a lot of regular guests not showing up as much

(...Get rid of...)
What about Tom Sawyer Island? No. Though they could do some more stuff with it
Country Bears? Yes, soooo dated and cheesy
Rafikis Planet Watch? No. I am for honest edutainment content. But it could be made more engaging, people still probably wouldn't go, people don't like to learn
The animal trails? They are always busy when I am there.
World Showcase films like France and Canada? Yes.
Gran Fiesta Tour? Will Donald Stay? It Donald stays with the replacement, sure.
Journey into Imagination? As is? Absolutely Yes!
Living with the Land? No. Once again I am for honest edutainment content.
Nemo? Yes. It's a poor execution of video originally made to the DL submarines, we go in through the gift shop these days
Triceratop Spin? Yes, how many Dumbo ripoffs do they need?
One Man's Dream? Never seen it
Beauty and the Beast on Stage? Doesn't this do good business, it's hard to tell, that auditorium is huge! How about we just pull the plug on DHS' outdated version of Fantasmic with it's embarrassing small boat?
Indiana Jones Stunt Show? I've seen (and been in) the same show since 1989...how about a rewrite?
Carousel of Progress? Yes, it is time

You realize, of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

You realize, of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

b9a.gif

Side note - if you have any interest in the history of Walt Disney / the Disney company I highly suggest checking out One Man's Dream at some point ... there are some amazing things in there (cool models of rides, info on the multi-plane camera, etc.)

Trump will still be in office at the end of the year, and at least through one entire term. Let's just realize that.
It would behoove Disney imo, to maintain tradition with this attraction. Regardless of ones political beliefs or opinions, party and affliations, many many guests enjoy this attraction including our family. It's more a matter of respect for The Office of The President, than anything. An entity in and of itself. We look forward to it coming back, and in the mean time will watch the muppets and enjoy the American Pavillion at Epcot.

Trump will still be in office at the end of the year, and at least through one entire term. Let's just realize that.
It would behoove Disney imo, to maintain tradition with this attraction. Regardless of ones political beliefs or opinions, party and affliations, many many guests enjoy this attraction including our family. It's more a matter of respect for The Office of The President, than anything. An entity in and of itself. We look forward to it coming back, and in the mean time will watch the muppets and enjoy the American Pavillion at Epcot.

I don't know if not having the current president speak really changes the overall attraction.

Would you still go if the current sitting president didn't have a speaking role?

Side note - if you have any interest in the history of Walt Disney / the Disney company I highly suggest checking out One Man's Dream at some point ... there are some amazing things in there (cool models of rides, info on the multi-plane camera, etc.)

It just never worked out for some reason. I think it was down last time we were there.

I am a huge history buff and would love it. But spent far more of my time at Disneyland over the last decade or so.

Yes. Of course we would.

If reports are correct (I assume they are) that people boo and yell when certain people speak, then Disney has a conflict to resolve.

They definitely are in a tight spot. They don't want to police the shows, and remove people. I think this is the best resolution moving forward. If only their timing was better.

I'm really just glad the booing and comments never happened when we went. I'm not sure that I'd be able to hold my tongue. For that reason alone, I hope they make the change.

Of course. But they need to remember a good portion of their customer base might not be happy if they see Disney as making political decisions with attractions.
and a good portion will be happy, and another good portion won't care because they don't visit HOP, Disney can't please everyone, someone is going to get what they wish for and other will be ranting about it

Which never has a line... :)

(Devil's advocate here too. I don't want them to close that, nor the others - My family and I love most of the attractions mentioned in this thread as 'got to go,' and are not interested in many headliners.)

Walt passed away long ago, it doesn't need to be on both properties. He had great vision but not a half century ahead of him vision so the clock is ticking when most of the "keep the classics" just won't be around anymore and I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's time to update with the 40 and under in mind. Some of these lands don't really make sense anymore... When something has no line, it's time to retire it or re-envision it.. It is a nice sized space that something else could happen in like a haunted mansion table service.

But I would move this one as it's an overlapping theme. Put it over in the american pavilion or a variation that might be able to share the same theater over there and alternate shows..

Maybe Disney could build another cutesy boat ride in place of HoP. I'll pass on that.

If reports are correct (I assume they are) that people boo and yell when certain people speak, then Disney has a conflict to resolve.

They definitely are in a tight spot. They don't want to police the shows, and remove people. I think this is the best resolution moving forward. If only their timing was better.

I'm really just glad the booing and comments never happened when we went. I'm not sure that I'd be able to hold my tongue. For that reason alone, I hope they make the change.

•We have never heard booing or loud disrespect any time we have visited. We like the show and typically go each visit. There are a few Presidents i didn't agree with or support in the show, but I always felt it was more about The Office, and democracy than any specific President. And, if one is in the show booing, they went in there for that purpose. To be disruptive. It's not as if there are surprises or unknowns.

•We have never heard booing or loud disrespect any time we have visited. We like the show and typically go each visit. There are a few Presidents i didn't agree with or support in the show, but I always felt it was more about The Office, and democracy than any specific President. And, if one is in the show booing, they went in there for that purpose. To be disruptive. It's not as if there are surprises or unknowns.

You go for the reasons the attraction was built.

Perhaps a sign out front just stating that WDW reserves the right to remove disruptive guests would do the trick?

If they are having trouble getting DT to tape the audio, I wonder if there is a taped speech out there that they could just take from? Even if its just a sentence or two. They have to have the inauguration audio. Use the oath from there, perhaps.

Its a tough spot. I know they want to get it opened, and what they decide to do will effect every year moving forward.

You go for the reasons the attraction was built.

Perhaps a sign out front just stating that WDW reserves the right to remove disruptive guests would do the trick?

If they are having trouble getting DT to tape the audio, I wonder if there is a taped speech out there that they could just take from? Even if its just a sentence or two. They have to have the inauguration audio. Use the oath from there, perhaps.

Its a tough spot. I know they want to get it opened, and what they decide to do will effect every year moving forward.
I think they're looking for cover, so I doubt they will try that hard to make it happen.

I like the idea of a "disruptive guests will be removed" sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!